Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Understanding The Craze - A debate (Page 11)

nonasi IF-Dazzler
nonasi
nonasi

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rabba-Ve-Delena

Originally posted by nonasi

Originally posted by Rabba-Ve-Delena

I manipulated all my friends into watching IPKKND because I was getting fed-up of having no one to speak to about it, so far I have 4 checked. Does that make me a fanatic?LOL

Fan becomes a fanatic when their life revolves around IPKKND, every minute of every conversation comes back down to IPKKND, obsession with the characters but more importantly the actors who are simply working to pay bills and live life oblivious to the frenzy and hysteria they have around them which takes into account of their minutest moves, is crazy ready to defend and also thrash those who mildly criticise. That is a fanatic.

Fan is a debatable concept, I think everyone is "fan" of their own kind, I know for one I'm a deeply curious person from a young age, I ask questions and I make sure I get answers, being part of the internet age just fuels that. When I like something, be it a classic piece of literature or an Indian soap  I will google it, yahoo it just to read spoilers, find interviews, find out more about what inspired it. I've only watched 2 Indian soaps properly, there is a stigma but when your Mother enjoys them they will sneak into your life somehowLOL when I was young I liked this show and somehow found myself on IF, long time back but I have to say, this is a personal opinion, but the problem with daily soaps is the fact that they're daily and that in time erodes the initial freshness of the concept and sadly the actual characters which attracted me to the show in the first place or it just, plain and simple gets boring. It's happened before with that other show and it might be happening with this one.

Yet the thing about IF is, there are some funny, crazy, creative and witty people here and somehow attachment to them is more interesting than the show. Hence, my crazy amount of posts < ..But I'm naturally a talkative person and that transfers virtually so I credit nonasi for holding out so long. I logged onto IF after about 4 years in December and I didn't last a monthLOL of being silent.

I think that essentially is the difference, fanatics live, breathe and talk the show or the actors, pretty much is idol worship. A fan watches the show and is done... We however watch the show and find ourselves here also gorging the reaction of people who have similar tastes to us and we like. But IF is like FB, twitter quit it when you have real stuff to deal with like exams, jobs heck I've seen people rearrange wedding ceremonies for IPKLOL

Completely agree. Smile

@ blue: Omg, it's so true! And to think, I used to loathe Indian soaps with a passion. 

I know right Nosh! (Apologies, can I call you so?)
I think I still do, I mean yes there are no more neck flicks, various zooming in moments but the Lamp and Wick show gives me a headache even when I catch 2 second snippets of it.
IPKKND is it's own flavour though today it was unrecognisable for a moment with the saas-bahu dramaLOL

Oh GOD, the zooming and shot of everyone's reactions D'ohI used to get headaches from it.

I don't even bother with other shows...I'll maybe watch an episode here or there because of the mother unit, but I can't handle the bakwaas; even in the sister show, mujhe kuch hota hai when I feel like they're showing the perfect man exists. Stern Smile (I have a special distaste for the Munna show.) Iss Pyaar is the only one I can handle, which is why it's upsetting to see saas-bahu elements try to sneak their way into it. 

Last post of the day... Cry (And Nosh is fine Smile)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MentalExoticaRabba-Ve-Delena

bepatient IF-Rockerz
bepatient
bepatient

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
Well I got into the post a little late... people already said what I wanna say.. but nevertheless here I go...

I am a " fan " because I am (most of the times) impressed by the acting done by the actors of this particular show.  If tomorrow I come across a show in which the same actors are unable to impress me then I might say tata bye bye.  I like the physical looks of certain people too in this show but then I will not say they are the best looking humans on earth.  There are many " flaws " in these actors just like there are many in me and I am sure in everyone else in the IF too.  Afterall we are all humans !! 

Many young souls make real life actors and even reel life characters as their idols.  It is none of my business if they wanna do that.   Just worried their obsession may become a living hazard to their near & dear, reading hazard to the IF members LOL...  Actually I dont even care about the reading hazard, I have a right to skip that post If I want to.  I care and am worried about the hurtful mails and tweets sent, abusive posts made mentioning IF members or the other actors.  I sincerely hope their obsession wears off when the show stops or at some point in their life, so that they can actually see many more real breathing people living around them and enjoy life with them without the reel life butting into the conversations.

Edited by ipkkndfan30 - 06 August 2012 at 1:27pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nonasiMentalExotica

Go to top