Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: MentalExotica

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Edit 06.08.12</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">There is crazy, border-line crazy and then there is downright insane.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">I understood what the latter 2 meant, when I came here.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Arisai here has explained the differences between a fan and a fanatic so I am not going to touch on that, just that I agree with what she said.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Most of us here are crazy, because well no one can deny watching Ar-Hi repeats.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Border line crazy is when you find there can be nothing wrong with the show ever, it's perfect, positive and everything is magical, unicorns exist, world is made of candies and Arnav And Khushi never hurt each other, everything is love.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Downright insane - (because I am incorrigible)</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Knock Knock</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">who's there?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Bhakt</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Bhakt who?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">ASR ki Bhakt</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Knock Knock</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">who's there?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Ghanta</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Ghanta who?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">ASR ke mandir ka ghanta</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Chappal</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Chappal who?</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">ASR ke mandir mein no chappals pleej!</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">I am crazy and I know it</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Just like BS ans SI are Sexy and IF knows it.</font>
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">Manorama is Sexy and only she knows it.</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">And with this I am going to write a disclaimer because well how can I not,</font>

<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="3" color="#003399">PS: The above statement defines reality and reality bites. Resemblance to characters living, dead or made up in the head is purely intentional and offence should be taken, but nothing should be done about it, because I am a sorry ass.</font>

ME ji aap aagaye! I was this close to loosing it 'cause of your RES. 😆

Hai Devi Maiyya you summed up the three variation aptly! Ofc we're crazy, I mean we having a serious (semi) in an Hindi soap forum!

You know what we need? A nice spanking from the generally bitchy and all round jerk known as Life. Sigh.

I heart your disclaimer. In fact I just heart you. Period.
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: ArnaavKhushi22

See I do agree that this is a show and so there is a fine line between reality and fiction, but the reason this got me thinking is because I was recently reading a post on how ASR has affected married life, I dont want to directly point at people and insult them, I only read 4 pages and got so baffled and I closed the topic, but it shows how much fanatic there is amongst woman who want the man in their life to behave like ASR.

To be honest, I'd lie if I said I don't feel looney myself watching the romantic scenes, I love the scenes because I have seen guys like ASR who are unromantic and talk exactly like him, minus the dirty stuff he has said to khushi. ASR has a good side to him but they have failed to show it because the show is running very fast and there is no transition from one scene to another in the storyline (sorry going off topic) but my only concern is do people draw a line between what their prince charming should be or is?

But we don't know these people in real do we ? They may not even utter Arnav's name outside this forum. An internet forum is a place where all of us can be and act in a way we wouldn't do normally. Another line to draw- How you are on the Internet and the Real you!
MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: Rockerchic

ME ji aap aagaye! I was this close to loosing it 'cause of your RES. 😆

Hai Devi Maiyya you summed up the three variation aptly! Ofc we're crazy, I mean we having a serious (semi) in an Hindi soap forum!

You know what we need? A nice spanking from the generally bitchy and all round jerk known as Life. Sigh.

I heart your disclaimer. In fact I just heart you. Period.

😆 Life's right there bitch slapping us but we are too busy watching Arnav and Khushi love scenes by ismailvegamze on you-tube to realize it!

I heart you too

disclaimer: it's true! 😆
nonasi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Honestly, I feel there are more levels of fan needed here: the normal and/or technologically averse kind that watch everyday and discuss it around the water cooler are probably the most sane of us all; they actually have some semblance of a balanced life. Unfortunately, by virtue of being on IF in any capacity, you've already crossed that line into the obsessive zone.

From there, it really does depend on where you are in life. Maturity plays a huge role in separating the online fans from the online fanatics, but one factor that seems to tip the scales is just how much overcompensation is going on. We're all filling some sort of void by forming such a deep attachment to an INDIAN SOAP...it's not healthy for anyone. But, recognising this and working towards ensuring that this show/obsession does not become your life should be (and seems to be) the goal of most online fans.

This is actually one of the main reasons I was in my self-imposed silence. There is a fine line between addiction and crazy; unfortunately, IF is an incredibly open forum, which forces you to face that darker side of fanaticism. 😳 

Btw, great post Rockerchic! 
Edited by nonasi - 11 years ago
MentalExotica thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: nonasi

Honestly, I feel there are more levels of fan needed here: the normal and/or technologically averse kind that watch everyday and discuss it around the water cooler are probably the most sane of us all; they actually have some semblance of a balanced life. Unfortunately, by virtue of being on IF in any capacity, you've already crossed that line into the obsessive zone.

From there, it really does depend on where you are in life. Maturity plays a huge role in separating the online fans from the online fanatics, but one factor that seems to tip the scales is just how much overcompensation is going on. We're all filling some sort of void by forming such a deep attachment to an INDIAN SOAP...it's not healthy for anyone. But, recognising this and working towards ensuring that this show/obsession does not become your life should be (and seems to be) the goal of most online fans.

This is actually one of the main reasons I was in my self-imposed silence. There is a fine line between addiction and crazy; unfortunately, IF is an incredibly open forum, which forces you to face that darker side of fanaticism. 😳 

Why am I not surprised seeing such an awesome response here and that too from you. Seriously lady, you've been able to hold your guard for too long by reading everything silently. You're definitely one up then all of us.
I have ODed so much on the forum and the show that i am a junkie and an addict.
Kuch toh kareka padi!
I want to be Nonasi for sometime, hail thy power!!
OmaRamdass thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
"There is a fine line between being a fan and being a fanatic. The former is a form of appriciation while the latter borders on crazy."

i love this line here 😆.

I think a fan is appreciating their work- adoring them - showering them with praise- saving their pictures - asking for their autograph- following them no matter the role they are playing- meeting them and just a hug or seeing them is good enough.

I think fanatic is - stalking the actor- fighting with anyone who makes a negative comment about them(sometimes leading to actual physical violence)- not distinguishing between reel and real life- thinking that you have a right over the actor(who he/she should date, who he/she should talk to, who he/she should marry etc)- crazy stuff like that is what i consider to be a fanatic.

Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: nonasi

<div></div>

I guess there's also the point that most of us here don't really have people to talk about IPK around the water cooler. Even within India it's not really cool to say I watch a Hindi soap. I get why people come here. I don't get why they go over the top.

Spending time on the internet is more or less a way of life now. Writing blogs and being crative is a really good way to balance out the short comings of real life. And here we do express our creative thoughts, the only difference is that it's through IPK. I would assume it's a norm in most metropolitan cities.

@MEji- In think thats a T-Shirt tag line in the making - Be Nonasi, Avoid Crazy. I think it has a nice ring to it, what say?
Also I would be heartbroken if MentalExotica wasn't in my comment list. Muje farak padtha hai, damn it!
charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7

This so called manhandling takes on a very different meaning if you look at it in a very mature way especially in a world of people who are in physical relationships. In that world it will not be called abuse, force or rough manhandling. It is nothing to do with romance but what comes after. It is a new world we are living in now and people have become very bold in expressing themselves. I am not sure if I will be offending anyone by elaborating. So i will stop here.
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: charlotte74

This so called manhandling takes on a very different meaning if you look at it in a very mature way especially in a world of people who are in physical relationships. In that world it will not be called abuse, force or rough manhandling. It is nothing to do with romance but what comes after. It is a new world we are living in now and people have become very bold in expressing themselves. I am not sure if I will be offending anyone by elaborating. So i will stop here.

50 Shades ishhstyle? 😆 Waise I guess ASR borders on being Grey w/o the red room of pain ofc. 😆Edited by Rockerchic - 11 years ago
charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Rockerchic

50 Shades ishhstyle? 😆 Waise I guess ASR borders on being Grey w/o the red room of pain ofc. 😆

You solved the puzzle 👏