Understanding The Craze - A debate - Page 5

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by neverbefore

One man's crazy is another man's brave!!!! πŸ˜†

I rue the day I came across IPK...I always knew I had obsessivetendenciesbut I thought they were limited to food and drink!! 😳

There seems to be an move to rebel against the crazies on this Forum at the moment...have you seen Napstermonster's post?

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3131740

I did read that post but IPK Fanfiction is not RC's forte. So couldn't really judge the reactions. But in any case those kind of reactions are clear examples of how far crazy can go.
I thot all ur free time was over? Clearly its not!!!!
I am a fan...and dont post too much...but i spend too much time on this damn forum and am going to stop this from right after this secondπŸ˜‰
A very important factor to consider when debating this topic is to consider the various age groups in this forum. There is a possibility that those who are younger tend to become very attached to an actor/actress which might border on obsession.

When was in my teens, I drooled over a certain actor. But 5 years later I couldn't believe that I had done that over an actor whose acting is not that great. But I still do have a soft corner for that feeling though my brain tells me otherwise. This happens to everyone in every generation. When my grandmother obsessed over Dilip Kumar, she would get angry at my mother who thought he was overacting. Similarly my sister and I got blastings from mom when we called Jackie Shroff an oldie. And in those days the spats were in the house because we didn't have a forum to express our thoughts.

As we grow older we might grow out of so many things which we used to obsess about, mellow down and become more mature.

But when you are young you are generally excited over a lot of things. This is the age where you sit in a class room and giggle over lectures trying to derive double meaning over everything. This is the age when you the most idealistic, passionate, reactive, expressive, rebellious, etc.

So being a fanatic or a fan according to me is about where you are at a point of time in life.

Originally posted by simim

I thot all ur free time was over? Clearly its not!!!!
I am a fan...and dont post too much...but i spend too much time on this damn forum and am going to stop this from right after this secondπŸ˜‰

I swear I have my assignment open on the other tab.
@TM: A very interesting topic you have brought up. 

It was very interesting to read everyone's views. 

A fan to me is someone who can appreciate yet criticize something they like. They can admire & praise the good while criticize & complain for the bad. 

@Charlotte74: I must admit that your reply was very thought provoking!
Originally posted by CravingKhana

Fan Fantic..depends on perspective and time does it not...

there would have been a time  in a not so distant past...where i would say watching a telly show tat too online and then logging on to a forum to argue the toss and take it apart.. for hours on end...was fanatical..that too...a show that is ermmm leaves alot to be desired...

but here I am and now such judgements would be self defecating would it not...

its a whole different world out here and folks from diff walks of life..and at diff stages...so to be judging someone...very young who goes all scream when a more than average looking man is given a very manly aura...or a person who sees virtues that are not visible to  my eye would make me less than the person i aim to be...

so yes while i dont understand the gushing or the OMG's...and have never beeen one to fall over myself over someone i very hightly regard or am taken with even in my teen years...i am learning to be tolerant and not brand anyone by my perceptions of thier behaviour...

oops meant to edit myself ...but i am quoting ...never mind just add to your trp ...(non legitimate...but who am i to fight the norm)...
any reason why Rockerchick speaks in the 3rd person...
(oof its catchy)
Edited by CravingKhana - 11 years ago

A much needed post, especially when THE one thing becomes the centrifugal force in your life, starts high jacking your normal thought patterns and corrupts it with just manifesting itself all over your mind,  blurring away the other REAL aspects of life.  And each time you happen to get a little away from it ..the force acting on you gets you back to the 'rhythm of madness'.

I have not made many posts here, but I couldn't resist this topic, as it is according to me it's the need of the hour. And I am very happy to note in all this insanity...sanity seems to coexist...

Liking a show is fine, loving the lead character is fine, also having a likinging -ness towards the real actors is fine and then the scenario changes here - going a step further in today's boundary-less techy world.. following a show, liking,  discussing, analaysing, friendly banters, meeting like - minded people, getting you the Indian connect, writing fan fiction, making sleek VM's  is all what today's social networking sites makes it possible for you -  express yourself -  to put it simply - CREATIVE, CONNECT , FUN.  And till this level you could possibly call yourself  a FAN.But as all things has its PROS AND THE CONS and too much of anything is detrimental to one's health,or  be it the mind, body or the spirit !!!! 

All the problem starts with any kind of obsession -from mild to wildest..you have already entered the territory of Fanaticism -knowingly or unknowingly .any form of fanaticism is harmful whether for self (like spending too much time itself) or targeting others..then THE thing start's driving you

Mild to Wildest  

When you spend unearthly hours making and reading posts, watching repeat videos of the show, prioritizing this show over many other pressing matters or the daily routine itself, start mincing each and every track, dissecting each and every move of the lead actors, slamming the support ones, calling names, sending hate mails, using abusive language, call writers , CVs, PH names, stating this soap should never end, start comparing your prospective husband and existing ones to Arnav and Barun !!!???? Comparing  the lead actors' with real life partners is all treading into sickness zone.I love Rabave between the lead but I am unable to  understand the fanatic frenzy when a adorable male actor goes shirtless???  What is it ? I thought men and women were from different planets..

Are we not here just too SMITTEN ( to the power of infinity) with our own PERCEPTION!!! What is the reality here ???!!!!!! I am not here for one instant questioning about how good Sanaya or Barun as a human being really are ??? But I what I want to point out here is our 'pure perception' something that exists only in our 'minds'..based on only what we have been told and shown selectively..not even...experienced...it is all a mind game !!!!  Our mind is attracted to the fantasy that we have imagined for ourselves and the hook here is IPKKND!!!

But I am sure even the creators of the hook are not only just laughing mad on us with our afflicted 'irrational behaviour' but  we are also terribly 'scaring' them mad with our 'raging' discussions and many-er  times acid tongued harsh feedbacks lashed at the writers , creatives, directors, production house!!!!! And this 'scaring' can be influencing even on them  too , including the lead actors...especially when you are micro detailing their moves and chemistry (assuming they are keeping a tab of every move of ours)' .Also one has to understand that  it's  not a FILM which usually has a shorter shelf life, proclaimed hit or fail and done with ..here in a SOAP we are talking about day in and day out programming, stretching the successful one's into yeas , the incredulous time spent on it.. to give our daily fix ..for both the creators, actors and the viewers...it slowly starts (or atleast has the potential to) working on our systems and minds...but I guess the maturity and the onus really lies on us whether to make it a nice refreshing Cuppa of Coffee or  daily shot of Heroin.!!! Then that's called dangerous living! Whatever we do - the choice is 'ours' and that affects , impacts you and others in this ecosystem..!!!

P.S:  Views expressed are just my own, we all have a right to have our views and face the consequences !!!

Edited by Brinjal - 11 years ago
Originally posted by CravingKhana

<div>oops meant to edit myself ...but i amd quting never mind just add to your trp ...(non legitimate...but who am i to fight the norm)...
any reason why Rockerchick speaks in the 3rd person...
(oof its catchy)

I do understand craze. A little too much in fact. I am a huge Tennis fan and there used to be a point when I avoided normal chores when my favourite lost. But as the lovely person above us pointed out, I was young and juvi. Now I can say I have contained my insanity within me. That I think is maturity. (in a very loose sense of the word ofc, πŸ˜†

Yes it's okay to have phases. But there is something as going one step too far.

As for the whole 3rd person thing, it's a pathelogical need to embrace the alter ego. πŸ˜†Edited by Rockerchic - 11 years ago
Originally posted by Rockerchic

I do understand craze. A little too much in fact. I am a huge Roger Federer fan and there used to be a point when I avoided normal chores when he lost. But as the lovely person above us pointed out, I was young and juvi. Now I can say I have contained my insanity within me. That I think is maturity. (in a very loose sense of the word ofc, πŸ˜†

Yes it's okay to have phases. But there is something as going one step too far.

As for the whole 3rd person thing, it's a pathelogical need to embrace the alter ego. πŸ˜†

lovely person above us...are you alluding to the GOD particle...or mortal...πŸ˜†

re going too far..the fine line etc...my grand question... whose to say where that line is ...and how far is far...
i am secretively typing past midnight even inmy books i have step far...πŸ˜ƒ

embracing the alter ego...ahh...gives so that much needed latitude...
Originally posted by Brinjal

A much needed post, especially when THE one thing
becomes the centrifugal force in your life, starts high jacking your normal
thought patterns and corrupts it with just manifesting itself all over your
mind, blurring away the other REAL aspects of life. And each time
you happen to get a little away from it ..the force acting
on you gets you back to the 'rhythm of madness'.

<h2>I have not
made many posts here, but I couldn't resist this topic, as it is according to
me it's the need of the hour. And I am very happy to note in all this
insanity...sanity seems to coexist... </h2>
<h2>Liking a
show is fine, loving the lead character is fine, also having a likinging -ness towards the real actors is fine and then the
scenario changes here - going a step further in today's boundary-less techy
world.. following a show, liking, discussing,
analaysing, friendly banters, meeting like - minded people, getting you the
Indian connect, writing fan fiction, making sleek VM's is all what
today's social networking sites makes it possible for you - express yourself - to put it simply - CREATIVE, CONNECT , FUN. And till this level
you could possibly call yourself a FAN.But as all things has its PROS AND THE CONS and too much of anything is detrimental to one's
health,or be it the mind, body or the spirit !!!!
</h2>

All the problem starts with any kind of obsession -from
mild to wildest..you have already entered the territory of Fanaticism -knowingly
or unknowingly .any form of fanaticism is harmful whether for self (like spending too
much time itself) or targeting others..then THE thing
start's driving you

Mild to Wildest

When you spend unearthly hours making and
reading posts, watching repeat videos of the show, prioritizing this show over
many other pressing matters or the daily routine itself, start mincing each and
every track, dissecting each and every move of the lead actors, slamming the
support ones, calling names, sending hate mails, using abusive language, call
writers , CVs, PH names, stating this soap should never end, start comparing
your prospective husband and existing ones to Arnav and Barun !!!???? Comparing
the lead actors' with real life partners is all treading into sickness
zone.I love Rabave between the lead but I am unable to understand the fanatic
frenzy
when a adorable male actor goes shirtless??? What is it
? I thought men and women were from different planets..

Are we not here just too SMITTEN ( to the power
of infinity) with our own PERCEPTION!!! What is the reality here ???!!!!!! I am
not here for one instant questioning about how good Sanaya or Barun as a human
being really are ??? But I what I want to point out here is our 'pure
perception'
something that exists only in our 'minds'</i>..based on only what we have been told and shown selectively..not even...experienced...it is all a mind game !!!! Our mind is attracted to the fantasy
that we have imagined for ourselves and the hook here is IPKKND!!!

But I am sure even the creators of the hook are not
only just laughing mad on us with our afflicted 'irrational behaviour' but
we are also terribly 'scaring' them mad with our 'raging' discussions and
many-er times acid tongued harsh feedbacks lashed at the writers , creatives, directors, production house!!!!! And
this 'scaring' can be influencing even on them too , including the lead
actors...especially when you are micro detailing their moves and chemistry
(assuming they are keeping a tab of every move of ours)' .Also
one has to understand that it's not a FILM which usually has a
shorter shelf life, proclaimed hit or fail and done with ..here
in a SOAP we are talking about day in and day out programming, stretching the
successful one's into yeas , the incredulous time spent on it.. to
give our daily fix ..for both the creators, actors and the viewers...it
slowly starts (or atleast has the potential to) working on our systems and
minds...but I guess the maturity and the onus really lies on us whether to make
it a nice refreshing Cuppa of Coffee or daily shot of Heroin.!!!
Then that's called dangerous living! Whatever we do - the choice is 'ours' and that
affects , impacts you and others in this ecosystem
..!!!

P.S: Views expressed are just my own, we all have a right to have our views and face the consequences !!!
<i>

One would argue that w/o having something to craze about, life is rather dull. But as you said- Draw the line!

Don't let your obsession take over you. If you do then things spriral down real quick and a short trip to the looney bin is in order. πŸ˜†