India-Forums

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

Understanding The Craze - A debate

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

My standard disclaimer applies- I am no hater, just a girl with too much time on her hands.

There is a fine line between being a fan and being a fanatic. The former is a form of appriciation while the latter borders on crazy.

The line often seems to blur on this forum. People making personal attacks for the sake of actors who in no shape or form will ever know of your existance seems to be an everyday thing here.

Idol worship seems to be a trend among people these days. This is actually very disturbing. Where is the individuality? Why place anyone on a pedastal?

Another thing is that appriciating a work of art , say how good the acting/episode was, is a harmless and something everyone does. But to barge in on actors' personal life, insulting people for the sake of the said actors and the like is going too far from being a 'fan'.

I am a huge IPK fan. So much so that my room mate often tells me in kind words that i am a 'lifeless loser'. In a way i guess i am. Spending an abnormally long time watching old scenes on youtube and coming on IF etc.

The question is when does fan become fanatic for you? Which is alright and which is crazy?

Fold your sleeves up, open your minds and lets debate.

~Rockerchic.

The following 62 member(s) liked the above post:

shivangibpdj_71khushi_arnavkira123ipkknd37madarfanIpkkndworldmoonlight99MizhiadevMountainbreeze7blrgalSizzlingPaRud-mcguinessshabi8HopeleslyInLoveyogifalusumeeta..SaNaYaHoLiC..Crazy_1001Decent6ChoriarisaiEmerald-Banaya1kitty25inspiringstarsneverbeforerainaMfareeJaponicafly_dogarchie_79-Chinnu-nonasiCetroniaAmazingAmycrazzyhrtJammy-bhanganMentalExotica..Divya..EXPELLIARMUSCDlove.Euphoria.TiyaliOmaRamdassasha...win7ChaituvCravingKhanaDivya1503Mephisto.x-bumblebee-x.sbk2.Sad.But.True.incandescentOmNaMaSteOmRabba-Ve-DelenaserialjunkieInfofanlazyleaves.Manal.

Decent6Chori Goldie
Decent6Chori
Decent6Chori

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:56pm | IP Logged
*sigh* RC, this forum is infested with those who will cross that fine line Dead
Many here are fanatics. They will blindly worship the actors, defend the characters when they r not to be defended, and it's actually quite amusing to c the level of their craze.

Fanatics are irritating. You can't say anything against their idols without being jumped on. They will take it as a personal attack and make harsh comments as if you have committed a crime. Sad people.

Btw, is this post because of the "SI is a flawless actress" one, which was because of your "Sanaya the actress, a debate" one?
LOL

Edited by Double007 - 05 August 2012 at 3:58pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

shivangibMountainbreeze7heidiSizzlingPaRud-.RudraParo...SaNaYaHoLiC..nonasiRockerchic

arisai Goldie
arisai
arisai

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
-edited-

Okay so here's my casual two pence (I am aware the correct term is cents, however, since Team GB finally decided to ARRIVE over the past few days, my pride as a Brit is overflowing LOL). 

A fan of the show appreciates when it's good and hopes for it when it's bad. They acknowledge that it will go through ups and downs but that ultimately, it's only as good as the people working on it and that sometimes- those people get it wrong. They then either persist and pray... or they move on. I am of the 'persist and persevere like a moron' type as I am currently on my Summer Holiday, whereas my parents, both too busy with their jobs and lives in general for this nonsense on TV and cba to watch it online, now have stopped watching it entirely and are currently in love with Pyaar Ka Dard. 

A fanatic of the show refuses to accept the show could ever do ANYTHING wrong and will tell anyone who dares to point out any flaws to 'G0 2 hel u bahs3rr! if u dnt lyk, n01 wntz u 2 wotch!" 

A fan of Barun and Sanaya knows they're good actors but accepts they have their strengths and weaknesses. Appreciates that they're attractive but doesn't want to murder anyone of the opposite gender who goes within three feet of them. Enjoys watching their chemistry on screen but doesn't start a ridiculous petition that they break off from their current partners and hook up with each other. And also admits that some of their original chemistry is missing at the minute- whether this is due to the 180 of both their characters or their becoming a little TOO comfortable with each other, I'm not sure.

A fanatic? Well dear rockerchic, open pretty much any post on the forum with the word 'Barun' + a typo (and if it also contains the word GUTTER? Well then you've hit the JACKPOT.) and welcome to the Shrine of Sobti. 

Err, that's all I have right now.

Edited by arisai - 05 August 2012 at 4:10pm

The following 25 member(s) liked the above post:

sumi209pdj_71khushi_arnavkira123ipkknd37Mountainbreeze7moonlight99heidiadevkitty25neverbeforeDecent6Choriblackdice1001Emerald-nonasiJammy-Japonica-Chinnu-asha...MentalExoticaRockerchicEXPELLIARMUSboyznaka.Euphoria.kbtr

Mountainbreeze7 Senior Member
Mountainbreeze7
Mountainbreeze7

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
After seeing and reading a lot...The one video where this woman comes up to Sanaya, and says : "I love you more than my husband and children"...Is where I started to believe that troubled souls roam this earth.

The following 24 member(s) liked the above post:

sumi209khushi_arnavkira123madhu0702SizzlingPaRud-moonlight99adevneverbeforeEmerald-.RudraParo.blackdice1001Jammy-bezellaeyesonmeDrwhoJaponicaVedika211boyznaka.Euphoria...Divya..RockerchicGodhuliLogonMephistotvbuf

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:03pm | IP Logged
Edit 06.08.12

There is crazy, border-line crazy and then there is downright insane.

I understood what the latter 2 meant, when I came here.

Arisai here has explained the differences between a fan and a fanatic so I am not going to touch on that, just that I agree with what she said.

Most of us here are crazy, because well no one can deny watching Ar-Hi repeats.

Border line crazy is when you find there can be nothing wrong with the show ever, it's perfect, positive and everything is magical, unicorns exist, world is made of candies and  Arnav And Khushi never hurt each other, everything is love.

Downright insane - (because I am incorrigible)

Knock Knock
who's there?
Bhakt
Bhakt who?
ASR ki Bhakt

Knock Knock
who's there?
Ghanta
Ghanta who?
ASR ke mandir ka ghanta

Knock Knock
who's there?
Chappal
Chappal who?
ASR ke mandir mein no chappals pleej!

I am crazy and I know it
Just like BS ans SI are Sexy and IF knows it.
Manorama is Sexy and only she knows it.

And with this I am going to write a disclaimer because well how can I not,

PS: The above statement defines reality and reality bites. Resemblance to characters living, dead or made up in the head is purely intentional and offence should be taken, but nothing should be done about it, because I am a sorry ass.

Edited by MentalExotica - 06 August 2012 at 2:45am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

pdj_71ipkknd37moonlight99inspiringstarsblackdice1001charlotte74Rockerchic.Euphoria.boyznaka

.Sad.But.True. IF-Sizzlerz
.Sad.But.True.
.Sad.But.True.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:11pm | IP Logged
Nice post,
Fanatics are ''okay'' for me as long as they dont personally attack members taking ID names..Its hell annoying and immature when they do that ! I have seen thousand  of ''stop criticising '' posts in this forum and its disturbing..They think XYZ is flawless..Fine..But that doesnt mean everyone will think the same..If you ask me then I think NOONE in this world is flawless..The worst I have seen is people discussing in a particular thread that how members criticising their favourite celeb should be banned ROFL..I think these members who personally attack should be banned first LOL..Its both ridiculous and hilarious..They can worship/defend or do anything their heart wishes but they cant force others to do the same Sleepy..

Edited by barunroxx7 - 05 August 2012 at 4:18pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

adevnonasiJammy-Rockerchickbtr

adev Senior Member
adev
adev

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:20pm | IP Logged
I don't want to say anything and rub people the wrong way, but there a few things that bother me with the way some "fans" behave on this forum. For the most part, it's harmless obsession. I think a lot of people go through this phase and even I did. People generally phase out of it, but there are some that get really possessive and aggressive about the actors and the show.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

khushi_arnavkimoonlight99Emerald-crazzyhrtnonasiRockerchickbtr

.x-bumblebee-x. IF-Sizzlerz
.x-bumblebee-x.
.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:26pm | IP Logged
A fan is when they can established the difference between REAL and REEL and can criticise about the show or actors and ofcourse like/love the show..

A fanatic Can not .. they believe that their off-screen persona is the same as what they are shown on telly and believe ASR is real and KHUSHI is real..and can not find any faults!! Or if they start stalking or attacking if they work/talk with other people..And attack other people if one claims to love more than the other and actually start praying to them..

Reminds me of friends when joey had a stalked and believed he was a doctor when he was just an actor..aha..

Sorry if this makes no sense..:) good topic!!

Edited by .._sonii_.. - 05 August 2012 at 4:27pm

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

khushi_arnavkiadevEmerald-..SaNaYaHoLiC..DrwhocrazzyhrtJammy-JaponicanonasiShiningStar18RockerchicTeesha.Euphoria.Mephisto

Go to top