Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

..Raizada.. Senior Member
..Raizada..
..Raizada..

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
So when I should be studying I ended up writing a OS.Tongue Anyways please read and do comment!

This OS has nothing to do with the current, future, or past storyline. Just popped into my mind and I had to write it downBig smile

And I don't use any names in this OS, but HE is Arnav and SHE is Khushi. So no confusion there.Wink

Oh and HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY!Smile

The Scorecard:

As the movie credits flashed on the screen she instantly snuggled closer into his chest while she watched her family chatter away before her.

He adjusted his arm around her shoulders as he look down at her, she was watching her family with a content smile on her face.

He nudged her to get her attention, silently asking her what was wrong, any other day she'd be enthusiastically chattering away with her family.

She just shook her head smiling at him before laying her head against his chest again.

He leaned back a slight smile softening his usually set face as he took the warm fire, twinkling lights, and the laughter filling the room.

He was thinking about how smiling had become such a regular thing for him ever since she had come into his life.

Then as if she suddenly remembered something she began moving away from towards the coffee table, probably to clean up he thought.

Well that could be done later he continued his thought, pulling her back to him and tightened his grip on her, immobilizing her.

She looked at with an irritated expression and opened her mouth to scold him into letting her go when,

"Who wants..." Her mother didn't even finish her sentence as the room cleared faster than the stands at a losing football game.

As her mother walked back into the kitchen laughing he looked at her and then the empty room around them in utter confusion as a shocked 'What the' escaped his lips.

She turned back to look at him, barely able to contain herself as she took in the expression on his face.

"We're going to go put gas in my mom's car." She quickly explained, answering his silent question.

She moved away once again, this time to grab the keys only to have him pull her back yet again.

She landed roughly on his lap with an annoyed expression on her face,

"Hey!--" She stopped short on seeing the anger, confusion, and worry in his eyes.

"It's freezing out there and it's almost midnight!" He practically shouted at her, hoping to knock some sense into her only to have her smile at him,

"Well then you'd better put on your coat and gloves." He could only stare at her completely dumbfounded.

With him shielding her against the cold they rushed outside and into the car. He began driving to the closest gas station.

When they came to a stop at a stoplight he turned to her asking her as to why in the world they were going to fill gas in her mom's car so later at night.

His eyebrows furrowed even more as the car was filled with her giggles. She looked at him with a smile,

"Every since dad passed away my siblings and I have to go and filled up gas in my mom's car. It's become a game for us now and we know whenever mom's going to ask us so the last one in the room has to go."

"Your joking!" He stared at before he began driving again when someone honked at him, telling him the light was green.

She replied with a simple, "And there's no getting out of it."

Soon they reached the gas station, jumping out they began to fill gas. He pulled her closer to him to shield them both from the cold before asking,

"I still don't get why your mom doesn't just fill her own gas though..."

He saw the mirth in her eyes as she replied, "I know this may sound crazy but my mom hasn't filled gas in any car, let alone her own, for over two decades. My dad always used to do it."

He looked at her as if she was an alien from a different universe before he questioned if her dad ever got annoyed with having to fill gas for her mom all the time.

Shaking her head she just said, "Nope, he's never complained."

"Unbelievable!" He muttered in response.

"No, not really..." She said looking up at him before she patiently explained,

"When I used to come home during my college break, I thought I knew everything! I was on some sort of female independence streak." She couldn't help but giggle at her own silliness.

"So my mom and I were in the kitchen on day making dinner when I told her how my husband would help with everything. You know, cooking, cleaning, the whole bit. Then I asked my mom if she ever got tired of doing laundry, the dishes, etc. And when she calmly told me it didn't bother her I began to lecture her about living in the 21st century and equality between man and woman."

He opened his mouth about to ask where she was going with this when she just told him to hold on and continued,

"Mom patiently listened go on and on. Then when I finished she set aside everything she was doing and looked me directly in the eyes and just said 'Someday, dear, you'll understand.'"

Even he was confused as to what her mother meant by then when she continued,

"Now the irritated me to no ends! I had no idea what she was talking about or what she meant so of course I demanded more of an explanation. Mom just looked at me again and said 'When you will fall in love and get married, then there will be things you're willing to do for each other. You'll share all the responsibilities. I don't mind doing all the chores in the house, sure it takes time, but it's something I do for your dad.'"

She looked up to see if he was listening before she continued telling him what her mother told her,

"'On the other hand, I hate pumping gas. The fumes bother me and I hate standing out in the freezing cold. So your dad puts gas in my car. He mows the lawn, I clean. He works, I handle the house. I could go on and on.'"

Suddenly she turned in his arms to face and clasped her hands together behind his neck and went on,

"You see, what my mom was trying to tell was that there is no scorecard in love and marriage. You would do the anything if it meant the other's life would be easier. Pumping gas, doing the laundry and anything else you do never seems annoying because you're doing it out of love."

She moved away to place the pump back on the stand, while doing this she told him,

"And over the years, I often thought about what my mom had said to me. Soon I realized how right she was, how what she and my dad did for each other had nothing to do about equality. The way my dad and mom used to care for each is so evident to me now and it brings a smile to my face when I think about it."

And she turned back to him once again as she said,

"And you know what? One day, when I get married, I don't want a scorecard either."

After she said that she went back around and got into the passenger seat of the car, he soon joined her in the driver's seat and began to drive.

She frequently glanced over at him, but he just stared straight ahead. Both of them were unusually quiet on the ride home.

When he pulled into the driveway, he turned to engine off and stepped out rushing around to her side to open the door for her.

She glanced at him fleetingly before she began to walk off towards the house when she felt him holding her back by her hand.

She turned around to look at him, eyes full of hope and confusion. He pulled her to him, a warm smile on his face and a twinkle in his eyes,

"Anytime you want," He said softly, "I'll pump gas for you."

There you go! So let me know what you think! Please like and comment!Smile

Please check out my other works at:

Edited by Arina_R - 05 August 2012 at 1:56pm

The following 132 member(s) liked the above post:

aparna_mshermyunderground1sakuno1zapsashnushhhqvligidhasuganya91aayushikumarprinkyaangelkhushirainy987KushiArnavmanisKhushixoxofarhacassimbollyrockstarlighteninghillyDreamer-89jioraAllOfTheStarssDevilwayschahat128maliinluvwivARHIArchu61jazzpreetCrazY-4-BaRuNhellokitty94nimra21mz.brarstarandrainbowArshi143saad2604ArshiAnalystmetitaliyaArshi4evrnevrdorindakatesuri2610palo101hiraariftmowlannhkarshifan91norolimdivyaarnavsrBonhi_ipkkndcutepuppyak_maggiaeyshaalimterribletwistCrazy_1001VkjThomsunShweta16911DAliceOrion_NneverbeforeGlimmerseabeautyyusampeppygeekakshadmonkeydog18saavan_lovermaloseinajnar-Chinnu-devishreeami_princessscorpionsavenge..Damsel..sneaky-ajRhysennN0306devsumshidin0117eyesonmenazibahsun_shine_girlsanny-beautiful_Tabs_pepples_joyDalmuthuyamelihoneyemistryCetroniaipkknd-fanbhadraprasad..Breeze..riafnaincarnadinepavi1-FriedriceJi--Sanj-velanginikriti_atharvzafiHot.Pink.Heelsashred12-Grace-debby_11-Garima-hindu4lyfjakhushiShiningStar18newmoon2011Nidsubh007HansaNMaria.Jyo.Arshi.IPK-madhvi-OmNaMaSteOmAngelTeenkomalsirwani-Yuks-ajoop--MISHTEE---MKB--Iqraa---Amy--fffan123-ElmoFuj-Tia.0kbtrMiss.ZaidiKaShArHi_KrishiRasgulla_spNestleToulousefelicitysmoak.mishti_17

Rhysenn IF-Dazzler
Rhysenn
Rhysenn

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 1:57pm | IP Logged
Aww, that was so cute!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

..Raizada..eyesonme

-madhvi- IF-Sizzlerz
-madhvi-
-madhvi-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
very cute os.. loved it :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..Raizada..

Hot.Pink.Heels IF-Rockerz
Hot.Pink.Heels
Hot.Pink.Heels

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
That was so cute!

..Raizada..

..MorningStar.. IF-Dazzler
..MorningStar..
..MorningStar..

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
u just scored a 100 /100 for writing this story...its fabulous...Heart

..Raizada..

peppygeek Goldie
peppygeek
peppygeek

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Cute! And simple yet lovely concept!

Edited by peppygeek - 05 August 2012 at 3:25pm

..Raizada..

KaShArHi_Krishi IF-Sizzlerz
KaShArHi_Krishi
KaShArHi_Krishi

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
Heyy

That is such a adorable OS. Awww!!! Arnav is so sweet. I'll pump gas for you. That is so sweet. I loved what you said about marriage and scorecard. It was beautiful. Please write more. Thanks for the PM!!!

Krishika

..Raizada..

felicitysmoak. IF-Stunnerz
felicitysmoak.
felicitysmoak.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:50pm | IP Logged
That was sooo sweet :D 

..Raizada..

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index