Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Process of Elimination...Maybe? (Page 5)

zonera1 Goldie
zonera1
zonera1

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by zonera1

Nice Post.I myself dont appreciate text messages type style but U have to get used to it when its so common now-a-days.
As for BS, since he emotes well and potrays a larger than life character in a good manner,people get fascinated by him,I myself dont understand the need to call him hotwa,BS or Barun is fine,
As for me i truly enjoy "Thud I am dead" posts because they make me laugh heartily!

<font color="#660033">That is the crunch point I suppose</font>

<font color="#660033">Entertainment value</font>

<font color="#660033">If it makes you laugh why not indeed</font>

<font color="#660033">This 'topic' I hope another entertaiment point</font>

Yup!I do enjoy reading your posts.Your topics are always goods amd thoughtful.Otherwise i dont bother reading nonsense posts.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

enigma17lazyleaves

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by molten_lava

I found your topic quite interesting and that's why I'm replying to your post for the first time and ofcourse, I have nothing else to do.LOL

So let me start by asking how old are you?  20+ ? 30+? This is not meant to offend you in any way, but just to show you that age does matter in the way we perceive anything around us.

You have mentioned people here using phrases like "OMG! I'm dead." or Hottie. And I confess, I do that. Simply because I'm 19 and it's an age where all teenagers go crazy and tend to over exaggerate stuff.
Ofcourse, we aren't literally dead. Blame our hormones. They tend to make our minds crazy and these words are an instant reaction to it. Do we really care about what vocabulary we use to express our feelings? No. we don't. It's just a medium to pent out our frustration.

So, tell me, have you never gone through that phase, where you completely lose your senses and go ga ga about someone? Maybe it's not Barun Sobti. There definitely must have been someone who had that effect on you. And if your answer is still no, then you haven't seen that person yet.LOL

What I'm trying to say is, the posts written in such language are just an outcome of teenagers going wild. They don't bother about grammar or vocabulary. Now, let me give you an insight of my perspective about you. I've never bothered reading your posts, because I found it too hard to decipher at times. And there have been times, when I've wondered why do people like you write any content as if it's going to be published in a newspaper or being submitted for a PhD. 

See, it's all about perspectives. Maybe once I'm older, I'll start thinking in your way and maybe look down at the younger generation thinking what's wrong with them.LOL

Just my perspective on this matter.Big smile
Thank you for taking the time to read and respond and your input on this 'topic'
I have to disagree with the age perspective of your response
I have 'met' and read some very young members posst and many who particiapte in this very thread on a regular basis who cannot be 'catergorised' into  youth age group
They are very eloquent and I am in no doubt some of them like yourself  have raging hormones especially where BS is concerned and very understandably so.
No denying the man is very good looking

Thank you for sharing your perspective on my writing and I wholeheartedly agree with you...if it holds no interest move on. Don't waste your time and read it. I am guilty of such an act
I can assure you that I am no aspiring journalist nor am I attempting a PhD...certainly not on this IF

As for accusing me of looking down on the younger generations please do point out where I do that?
I believe I made it very clear that its my outlook on the laanguage and nothing more nothing less and was not rude enough to mention any age group
Once again thank you for sharing your perspective

oh, I'm really sorry but you seem quite offended by my opinion. But that was never my intention. As I said, it was just my point of view. I totally understand and respect your views too. And I've never accused you of anything. And I have never objected to the way you write your posts. See, you are good at writing such stuff. But unfortunately people like me are neither that talented enough nor have the creativity to do so.

What I wanted to say is that the world is made of different kinds of people who all think in different tangents.  
Ok, maybe I was wrong in the way I classified all the bunch of teenagers as having raging hormones. I apologise for that whole heartedly.
Maybe I contradicted my own statement. Yes, there may be teenagers out there who are normal and not like me. Afterall, no two persons are alike, which brings me to my point that this is the reason why some people appreciate language like you and some people think it is insignificant.

Once again, I never meant to offend you in any way and I sincerely apologise if you felt so.
There is never any need for apologies on these threads.
I have always advocated that philosophy and I stand by it
Feel free to air your views and I was not offended by your comments
Takes a lot more then that to offend me
I am a firm believer that you are never going to please everyone and that has never been my intention
Believe it or not I do this to provide a 'home' for our hommies and we some fun

Please feel free to join us at any given time if you so feel inclined to do so
We talk about all sorts of things and sometimes its all utter gibberish

One last thing I like to say is I have a passion for the English language
It opened so many doors and gateways of books for me
I have been its captive audience since I first began to read so you have to forgive my slight intolerance in not being tolerant

Edited by enigma17 - 05 August 2012 at 2:45pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash95Japonicamolten_lavaEXPELLIARMUS

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:40pm | IP Logged

Edited by enigma17 - 05 August 2012 at 2:41pm
molten_lava IF-Rockerz
molten_lava
molten_lava

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:46pm | IP Logged

There is never any need for apologies on this threads.
I am a firm believer that you are never going to please everyone and that has never been my intention

Please free to join us at any given time if you so feel inclined to do so

I have been its captive audience since I first began to read so you have to forgive my slight intolerance in not being tolerant

Yeah, I can clearly see your love for the language. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here debating about it.
I would have loved to join you all, but I already have a crazy home. And I might just scare you all away with my insanity if I join you people. That's why I prefer to be the silent reader most of the time.
On another light note, I observed that we both joined IF on the same day. What a coincidence!LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ash95enigma17

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:47pm | IP Logged
Annie my darling hope you're doing good and had lots of fun on your weekend to get over those tiresome blues of life and ready and rearing to face tomorrow (and the week ahead) with renewed energy and spirit. Good food and good company is the best therapy...
I myself had been pretty lazy this weekend. I think I didn't step outside the house more than once.

I hv sm wrk going on r8 nw bt ll cm bk 2 gv in my 2 cents LOL

Try reading that! Tongue 

xx

Edited by CDlove - 07 August 2012 at 1:03pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-DrwhoAsh95Japonicaenigma17lazyleaves

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:52pm | IP Logged

There is never any need for apologies on this threads.

Please free to join us at any given time if you so feel inclined to do so

Yeah, I can clearly see your love for the language. Otherwise, you wouldn't be here debating about it.
I would have loved to join you all, but I already have a crazy home. And I might just scare you all away with my insanity if I join you people. That's why I prefer to be the silent reader most of the time.
On another light note, I observed that we both joined IF on the same day. What a coincidence!LOL
There is not much that scares the hommies on these threads
Insanity is some of our middle names
Otherwise we would probably be doing something much more useful

As for the both of us joining this Forum on the same day, an old saying comes to mind
'Great minds think alike! Fools seldom differ!'Smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-DrwhoAsh95Japonicamolten_lava

Evocative Senior Member
Evocative
Evocative

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
Annie Hug

Yours is the one sane voice we can all look out for in the din of this forum. The Lone ranger (sometimes) who bravely posts about the way some things are DONE here. And your posts always give me the feeling of a 'home'ly atmosphere and never fail to soothe my over-tried nerves (I hope you get what I'm saying, for I am not as eloquent or well-versed in wordplay as you.)

Coming to your topic, I'm glad you addressed this. I too am somewhat a snob when it comes to the English language. Seeing a post sans all the principles of grammer really gets to me. You talked about the use of texting language. I'll explain my POV. Texting language has been so much ingrained into some people's systems (blame it on the need to be in the loop at college where such a language is the 'IN' thing or some other reason) that it's hard to even keep a check on how and where one uses it. I confess,even I am a victim to this 'Texting language disorder'. And although now I'm trying very hard to be rid of this habit I inadvertently do use it sometimes. So I can tolerate it to some extent and strive to overlook it when people tend to abuse/over-use it frequently in their post
s.

But the one thing which irks me here is the excessive use of  certain words which have wholly different meanings. I've seen posts aplenty speaking about 'Bashing', 'Gutter' and 'Redemption'  from the time I joined the If bandwagon.
And I end up literally pulling at my hair reading those posts. It all sounds so juvenile and is very irritating. I really wish there WAS a way to stop the wrong use of words in the wrong places. unfortunately, all we can do now is ignore them or turn the other way.

Phew! I don't know if any of what i said made sense. I am too sleepy but couldn't hit the sack before I posted on your thread.

Bye Annie. Will be back amidst all you lovely people tomorrow.Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-DrwhoAsh95Japonicaenigma17EXPELLIARMUS

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by CDlove

Annie my darling hope you're doing good and had lots of fun on your weekend to get over those tiresome blues of life and ready and rearing to face tomorrow (and the week ahead) with renewed energy and spirit. Good food and good company is the best therapy...
I myself had been pretty lazy this weekend. I think I didn't step outside the house more than once.

I hv sm wrk going on r8 nw bt ll cm bk 2 gv in my 2 cents LOL

Try reading that! Tongue 

xx
Hiru my lovely
I am well this Sunday
Good to hear you have had a lazy SundaySmile
I understood that!!!
Should I be worried or pat myself on the back?LOLLOLLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Emerald-DrwhoJaponicaAsh95CDlove

Go to top