Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Process of Elimination...Maybe? (Page 12)

SeerialLoops IF-Rockerz
SeerialLoops
SeerialLoops

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:51am | IP Logged
Hello Asha, Jayne, Suma...
What an episode.  Wa Wa !!!
CVs thought, let us get some more people who can insult Kushi.  Precap does give hope that ASR may stand by Kushi, but I cannot believe even Nani is afraid of Dadi. 
And she thinks servants are untouchables.  Yikes.  Which age does these people live in. 
So, Kushi was treated as everything except an untouchable leper and today the CVs fulfilled that dream as well.
What an episode, Wa Wa !!!

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

EvocativeMahi122DrwhoJayneJaponicaEXPELLIARMUSLadyLaLaFairyLiquidSoap

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Hello Annie, Manju, Sudha, Vibha, Shweta, Swati, Asha, Ash, Onu, Lali and all others chatting on this thread, a big Hi from La Hug

Now I can see where ASR got his attitude from... LOL  It seems to be running in the family.. else why would Dadi treat an unknown girl with such disdain? Why don't they think that even servants have self-respect and dignity?

What I see coming in the next few episodes is ASR standing up for his wife... Dadi appears to be a disciplinarian but I am sure she will come around when she realises and see Khushi's amiable nature, her kindness and her cheerfulness... Is this ASR's way of showing Khushi that come what may, he will stand by her?

BTW, why is Nani sleeping on the ground when there were 2 beds in the room? I couldn't figure that one out...

The shocker was how the heck did Dadi know Anji was pregnant... Dadi sure has X-Ray vision else how would she see what the rest of us cannot see? LOL

Anjali has now found someone to champion her cause.. wonder Dadi will have to say when she gets to know why her Da-mad was thrown out..

Maami is the cunning one here... she did not want to acknowledge Khushi as the DIL of RM...

All in all an okay episode.. at the they showed some continuity..  Would love to hear your thoughts...

Luv
L3

Edited by LadyLaLa - 06 August 2012 at 10:25am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Mahi122DrwhoJayneJaponicaenigma17FairyLiquidSoapVintageWine

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:31am | IP Logged

Watching tonight's episode made me for once want to be like those ASRoholics here who cannot see beyond and beside the male character for at least I would have spared myself the agony and disgust of watching another low in KKG's portrayal and not feel pissed  over the misogynistic women hating women creative's and PH

I would have just drooled dribbled and slobbered over ASR had a couple of err naughty thoughts thinking about him suffered from withdrawals and cold turkey symptoms because my beloved was not to be found only to have a Patiala peg/ Coke overdose/panty thong rip roaring time when he finally made his appearance in the last scene and was shown standing up for his wife

I don't have a husband else I might have had a fight with him for not being so protective like ASR and sticking up for me (on second thoughts scratch that idea he would have gleefully told me let me wallop abuse debase and cheapen you first before that hmm not ready for that even in my current desperate times call for desperate measures sort of way)

I would have had a pleasant grin and foolish look on my face just thinking and dreaming over tomorrow's episode and even might be walking on sunshine just thinking of those intimate moments between me and him oops I meant her and him and life would be great

No expectations no resentments no grandiose hopes Just for today me and Arnav Life is good life is orange life is bliss

This track has been introduced to showcase the Mahaan soul in ASR and what a great husband lover family man and human being he is All the actions of the various women characters are just going to be tests to prove that and everyone here will have a foolish grin plastered on their face singing his praises and putting out ASR namah posts and wishing their husbands / boyfriends/ partners  were like him and the TRP's will be singing singeing whatever

Yep Lady Boss was right this serial is about the brother and sister and the last scene just proved it KKG will be pimped out to mollify/pacify/ placate him with a song and dance and this time she can writhe all over him since they are married or whenever his or the viewers libido needs a shot. We all will end up saying wow she looked so ethereal so beautiful so beguiling see how ASR feels relaxed and happy with her and everything else can just go to hell

Rant over back to my work I had to share for I knew it would drive me nuts if I did not let out my anger Angry

parheezGMEvocativeFuzzbucketMahi122DrwhoJaponicaSeerialLoopsLadyLaLa

Drwho IF-Dazzler
Drwho
Drwho

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by LadyLaLa

Hello Annie, Manju, Sudha, Vibha, Shweta, Swati, Asha, Ash, Onu, Lali and all others chatting on this thread, a big Hi from La Hug

Now I can see where ASR got his attitude from... LOL  It seems to be running in the family.. else why would Dadi treat an unknown girl with such disdain? Why don't they think that even servants have self-respect and dignity?

What I see coming in the next few episodes is ASR standing up for his wife... Dadi appears to be a disciplinarian but I am sure she will come around when she realises and see Khushi's amiable nature, her kindness and her cheerful nature... Is this ASR's way of showing Khushi that come what may, he will stand by her?

BTW, why is Nani sleeping on the ground when there were 2 beds in the room? I couldn't figure that one out...

The shocker was how the heck did Dadi know Anji was pregnant... Dadi sure has X-Ray vision else how would she see what the rest of us cannot see? LOL

Anjali has now found someone to champion her cause.. wonder Dadi will have to say when she gets to know why her Da-mad was thrown out..

Maami is the cunning one here... she did not want to acknowledge Khushi as the DIL of RM...

All in all an okay episode.. at the they showed some continuity..  Would love to hear your thoughts...

Luv
L3

Dear La and SudhaHug

This is Nayi Soch! Untouchability that was abolished a century ago revived in IPK!

I hope dadi comes around quickly without too much drama...this might be how the CVs are thinking of getting these two remarried...ASR better stand by her after all the googoo eyes he has been making at her!

Less said about mami the better...

EvocativeMahi122JaponicaSeerialLoopsCDloveLadyLaLaFairyLiquidSoap

blue.kindle IF-Rockerz
blue.kindle
blue.kindle

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:35am | IP Logged
If I remember my Civics lesson well, we have been guaranteed right to equality. And the practice of untouchability has been condemned and made punishable by law. Should we call the cops and put the dragon lady behind the bars? I remember playing this game...Something something " daakiyon ne kya kiya? Sau rupai ki ghadi churai. Ab to jail me jana padega. Jail ki roti khane padegi, jail ka pani pina padega..." It would be fun to see her behind the bars. Nikal jayegi Hegde I mean hekri. LOL yes, I am ancient. Embarrassed

EvocativeMahi122DrwhoJaponicaSeerialLoopsCDloveLadyLaLaFairyLiquidSoap

CDlove IF-Rockerz
CDlove
CDlove

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:39am | IP Logged
Hello everyone!

The moment I saw a picture of dadi (before the episode aired) I was reminded of the one other hindi show I watched. It was called Choti Bahu, a love story between a Raj Purohit ( a very influencial person in which the family he hails from itself is considered the most powerful family in the village) and a younge orphan girl.

It was exteremly different from IPK because if it's backdrop situated in the rural India and the fact that the 'cast system' with a very heavy religious background was the main theme.

Radhika's (main female lead) cast was unknown hence the lovers' journey towards acceptance in the society was marred with many obstacles.

Radhika was adopted by a Brahmin family (highest of the cast system) named Shastris when she was no more than a baby. The family had another daughter, the biological daughter of the family named Vishakha.

In the earlier stage of the story, Dev Raj Purohit falls in love with Radhika (by strange circumstances which I wont delve into right now) but unfortunately he mistakes Radhika's name to be Vishakha. When he brings the marriage proposal to Shastris, he says it's for Vishakha although he intended it for Radhika.

The family has a grandmother fondly (NOT!) called as Amma who finds out about the mistake and fabricate a lot of lies and make Vishakha sit with Dev at the marriage mandap. Amma is a class biasted, cast oriented biatch and I absolutely LOATHED her. She refused to even touch the food given by Radhika because her cast was unknown.

Vishakha runs away before the wedding because she is a spoilt brat and wants to become an actress and Amma forces Radhika to step in to the marriage manadap and take the 7 vows, sindoor and mangal suthra instead of Vishakha. Obviously her ghoongat covers her face so no one else knew about the switch.

Ah the irony, the girl who was intended for marriage actually did get married with the man.

But then Amma ffound out where Vishka was hiding, she threatens Radhika (being the orphan she has no choice but to give into whims and fancies of her- rings a bell with Khushi?) and successfully switches Vishaka back into the marriage costume before anyone finds out. The mangal suthra and evrething else was snatched back and put around Vishaka and was sent to Dev's mansion as his wife when his legallly as well as religiously married wife Radhika was banned by Amma from ever telling the truth to anyone.

Dev horrified after the discovery of the mistaken identities is again forced not to say anything, to keep intact the family name and respect (and he thought he actually married the wrong girl)

It was a beautiful love story between Dev and Radhika where Dev actually fights for Radhika (who is an orphan and her cast in unknown and wasn't even allowed to step inside a mandir) and wants to marry her but society, family and everything else comes between them.

It was a very complex situation as well, and people who knew the truth didn't tell about the marriage swap and even if it did come out, Radhika wont be accpeted as his wife becz of the cast constraints and Dev would be slandered for living with a woman who's not married and Shastris would be even more slandered for sending their unmarried daughter as a married woman.

Now why am I telling this stroy?

1) Because I absolutely loved the story for it's intensity, the story telling of the unfortunate and twisted circumstances of Radhika (who was a huge Kanha bakth just like our Khushi is for DM) and the delightful character of Dev (who is so a kind soul and very differnt from Arnav) and it was nice to relieve those memories of that show

2) because Dadi reminded me so much of Amma character  that I am hating her in extremity right now and I hope non of my homies will expect me to sympathise with her.

Edited by CDlove - 06 August 2012 at 10:55am

JaponicaDrwhoJayneEXPELLIARMUSSeerialLoopsLadyLaLaFairyLiquidSoap

Mahi122 Goldie

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

FuzzbucketSeerialLoopsCDloveFairyLiquidSoap

Evocative Senior Member
Evocative
Evocative

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Hi loopy, manju, ladylala, Onu, hiru, Fairyliquidsoap and everyone here!

I will  only
put one pertinent question to all of you - Where has the originality of IPK gone?

That something which made us all hooked to it...that something which set it apart from the regular saas-bahu sagas and age-old kitchen politics...that something which has been sorely missing for the past few monthsOuch

Edited by Evocative - 06 August 2012 at 10:45am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

berrysweetDrwhoJayneSeerialLoopsLadyLaLaFairyLiquidSoap

Go to top