Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Process of Elimination...Maybe? (Page 11)

FairyLiquidSoap IF-Sizzlerz
FairyLiquidSoap
FairyLiquidSoap

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Hey Tangy Sudha Lali
Quick hello hi bye bye
at work and soon in for a meeting
chat later

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Surma-JaponicaSeerialLoopsLadyLaLa

SeerialLoops IF-Rockerz
SeerialLoops
SeerialLoops

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
Ok.  Off to sleep. 
Bye Tangy, Lali, Swathi and others.  See you all tomorrow.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Surma-JaponicaLadyLaLa

Rockerchic IF-Rockerz
Rockerchic
Rockerchic

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Japonica

Originally posted by Rockerchic

RC wants to hug you for this. Also have a virtual rabba ve with you.

There are actually two groups of people. The first who lack the knowledge of English language and the other who have a blatant disregard for it.

The former I can deal with. I can't expect everyone to be spot on with their tenses and punctuations and general grammar. In fact RC isn't that great with them either.

<font color="#6600CC">Bt wen ppl rite lyk dis.
</font>

It gets on my nerves. I really hate it when people use 'Dis' 'Dat' and the like. I mean it's like one letter short. The world isn't going to end if you type the extra H, I assure you.

<font face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"><font color="#3300CC">Rockerchik- your post rocks! you've drawn attention to the key distinction between lack of proficiency and blatant disregard.

My nerves like yours are totally frayed and frazzled by the latter -- aaarggghhhAngry</font>
</font>

As it is often said if thought can corrupt language then language too will eventually corrupt thought. Alas, what is language but an ever changing tide.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Surma-JaponicaDrwhoEXPELLIARMUSLadyLaLa

evenjleena28 IF-Dazzler
evenjleena28
evenjleena28

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged
A very big hello to you my love,

I have yet to check anything on the forum but how can I not respond to my lovely annie's thread...

Well the first thing that struck me was no parent knowlingly will give their child intial BS...that is just too funny...sorry that was one thing I couldnt get my head around...perhaps in india anything goes...

Another is HOTWA!!! whatever that means...sometimes I dont even bother reading certain things that begins with HOTWA ...I realised that on forum people using lots of text lingo...I just used it here too...lol but I dont get some things honestly...I try and am learning...who knew forum can do that too?

I will go check my thread now and come soon...

Big hug to my lovies who are hereHug

Edited by evenjleena28 - 06 August 2012 at 12:37am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

-Surma-JaponicaDrwhoasha...LadyLaLa

-Surma- Senior Member
-Surma-
-Surma-

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 6:30am | IP Logged
I really love to read your sarcastic posts ! 

After coming to this forum for two months, I must conclude this forum should get an award for using uncommon words, crazy posts and repeated words (specially the word " sexy " which has been used uncountable time , it has been used so much that now a days I get mixed up . Instead of saying my cat looks healthy, I say my cat looks sexy !  such the problem with overused words ! ) 

Edited by -Ace- - 06 August 2012 at 6:34am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Japonicaenigma17

asha... IF-Rockerz
asha...
asha...

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:50am | IP Logged

Annie *hugs*...your vocab simply rocks !!

Guilty as charged, I can't say I haven't been there, done that and hopefully not going back... #FacePalmMoment . Although my text language wasn't ''as bd as dis''... 

Yes I do find it annoying to read posts ''writen lyk dis'' and don't bother...it's simply more difficult to read...

Japonicaenigma17SeerialLoopsLadyLaLa

Jayne IF-Dazzler
Jayne
Jayne

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 8:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by evenjleena28

A very big hello to you my love,

I have yet to check anything on the forum but how can I not respond to my lovely annie's thread...

Well the first thing that struck me was no parent knowlingly will give their child intial BS...that is just too funny...sorry that was one thing I couldnt get my head around...perhaps in india anything goes...

Another is HOTWA!!! whatever that means...sometimes I dont even bother reading certain things that begins with HOTWA ...I realised that on forum people using lots of text lingo...I just used it here too...lol but I dont get some things honestly...I try and am learning...who knew forum can do that too?

I will go check my thread now and come soon...

Big hug to my lovies who are hereHug

Hi, y'all!
As for initials, what with the penchant nowadays of having Indian women just tag on their husband's last names after their surnames, can you imagine his poor wife's initials now if she follows this trend?
Her pre-marriage ones were: P.M.

Jayne

evenjleena28JaponicaLadyLaLaSeerialLoops

Evocative Senior Member
Evocative
Evocative

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by enigma17

Originally posted by Evocative

Annie Hug

Yours is the one sane voice we can all look out for in the din of this forum. The Lone ranger (sometimes) who bravely posts about the way some things are DONE here. And your posts always give me the feeling of a 'home'ly atmosphere and never fail to soothe my over-tried nerves (I hope you get what I'm saying, for I am not as eloquent or well-versed in wordplay as you.)

Coming to your topic, I'm glad you addressed this. I too am somewhat a snob when it comes to the English language. Seeing a post sans all the principles of grammer really gets to me. You talked about the use of texting language. I'll explain my POV. Texting language has been so much ingrained into some people's systems (blame it on the need to be in the loop at college where such a language is the 'IN' thing or some other reason) that it's hard to even keep a check on how and where one uses it. I confess,even I am a victim to this 'Texting language disorder'. And although now I'm trying very hard to be rid of this habit I inadvertently do use it sometimes. So I can tolerate it to some extent and strive to overlook it when people tend to abuse/over-use it frequently in their post
s.

But the one thing which irks me here is the excessive use of  certain words which have wholly different meanings. I've seen posts aplenty speaking about 'Bashing', 'Gutter' and 'Redemption'  from the time I joined the If bandwagon.
And I end up literally pulling at my hair reading those posts. It all sounds so juvenile and is very irritating. I really wish there WAS a way to stop the wrong use of words in the wrong places. unfortunately, all we can do now is ignore them or turn the other way.

Phew! I don't know if any of what i said made sense. I am too sleepy but couldn't hit the sack before I posted on your thread.

Bye Annie. Will be back amidst all you lovely people tomorrow.Smile

Donning my mask, looking for Tonto and Silver before I progress to replying.
A very good evening EHug
I am very happy you have found a home to rest your weary bones and pontificate
Welcome
Its good to know I am not on my own in being a language snob
Text messaging I do understand is very much a vogue amongst students and as such
However I do wish when its the written word on certain formats it could be a language where one does not need a translation
I forgot about that particular word 'gutter'LOLLOLLOL
Its used alot

Well goodnight E
Sleep well
Tomorrow is another day and we will no doubt be back to pontificate to our hearts content

Hahaha...the movie reference in my post eluded me until you brought it upWink

Although I use the text lingo to some extent, 'I dnt nrmally resort 2 dis way of wrtng' which is favoured by few. That I agree definitely becomes difficult to decipher and puts the meaning the writer wants to convey in doubt.

I've come across FF writers who substitute Jocking for joking, bare for bear, etc. Needless to say, I don't dare to read further for fear of finding more such 'gems' which may result in unnecessary damage to my eye tissuesBig smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SeerialLoopsLadyLaLaenigma17

Go to top