Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

FairyLiquidSoap thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by: Jayne

Actually, I expect next episodes to be interesting.
For all her rude manners and off-putting personality, I think Dadi will turn out to be the 'fairy godmother' in disguise.
I do believe that possibilities are quite strong that Dadi will throw a fit that she was not present for her grandson's wedding and Arnav will hit upon the brilliant solution to kill multiple birds with one stone and propose that he and Khushi get married again with everyone present.
Khushi will, of course, be unable to refuse in front of everyone and this way we all (and Khushi) get a dream wedding for Khushi and this time there is no end date to this contract?

Dadi will be the catalyst to shake things up - remarriage being only one of the things.
Recall Naani's words: "After what THAT WOMAN did, SHE had to go to the Aashrum."

The way 'That woman' and 'She' were articulated, I do think they are two different women.
THAT WOMAN most likely being Khushi's mom and SHE being Dadi.
Lots of drama to come.

Jayne

jayne i do hope what you and la wrote comes to pass what you both say does make sense but then this is IPKKND we are talking about so anything can happen between the cup and the lip
and the drama would be worth it if it happens the way you both have predicted
enigma17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: RuchaMulay

Well, Well! Being good with a language is one thing and conveying expressions is another! You can express very well using the formal and standard form of language, and I applaud you for that. Also your concern for the correct use of language is valid to some extent. 

But you have to consider some points:

1. All may not have been exposed to wide and correct use of English Language. Some may not be good with English, so what? Are we going to ridicule them just because they make spelling mistakes or they have limited vocabulary?

2. Many of us do not have English as our mothertoungue and while expressing emotions in an excitement may go back to our mothertoungues to find words or to coin new words.

3. Language is and has to be flowing and natural. We cannot forget that Grammar DESCRIBES language. We study grammar as prescriptive rules because we are not the first users of it and hence grammar gives us an insight into how a language works. But Language is a flow. All the languages of the world have changed a lot over the length of time. If not so, what you and I are typing, would be wrong, given the sensibilities and understandings of people who lived even just a 100 years ago!!!

4. Conveying your thoughts, emotions through some medium is what language is all about! And if saying "I am excited!" is not enough for someone and they say " III AAAMMM SUPER DUPER EXXXCITED YAAR!" I am all for it!

5. People come on this forum to enjoy, what's wrong if they express themselves in a non-standard way? If they do not write good english, does it mean they have not right to express? Even if they know good English and decide to have a little fun by using some wacky short forms or othre expressions, is it really wrong? What we going to do, hang them?

6. Aren't you being unreasonable? Nobody's stopping you from using good English Language and I must say you are really good with it! But expecting everyone to use a certain type of language is a tad little too much to my thinking.

7. Everything else apart, should this happen, the Forum will lose it's variety and flavours for sure!

I'd say, relax. Cut everyone some slack. And you too enjoy!

I did not mean to offend you personally. Just putting forth my point of view.

Thank you for your input
So what indeed!
If you re-read my post its not ridiculing anyone
Its my personal peeve , my point of view aired here and shared here amongst my hommies who pontificate just as much or less as I do. My point was a very generalised one

English is not my mother tongue either. That has not stopped me attempting to learn the language and use it in its proper context

The English language has changed without a doubt but it is yet to die a dearth
Its very much here, altered to its modern day settings , indeed, nevertheless here to stay

Tut tut really you would hang someone for such a small crime such as the pulversation of the language? Really?
Rather harsh and very draconian of you I may say so
I  for my part may suggest some simpler ways one may improve without having to kill them off!
If I find someone's post does not reel me in and invite me into the bosom of the author's words I simply do not bother to read any further.
Its all so simple really
Nothing drastic to it or about it
My choice and I exercise it

Its merely your opinion that I am unreasonable and the very fact you that you are defensive in saying that its not a personal attack makes it just that
I have not made any personal 'attacks' on any individuals
My posts have always been slightly out there
Its a 'home' for our hommies who enjoy participating in verbal fisticuffs and banter  without any personal onslaught or fear of detrimental repercussions. Likeminded members are always welcomed here and have a free and happy podium to pontificate to their heart's content

Thank you for your advice ..relax
If I relax much more I shall be virtually horizontal
That simply won't do

Ok taking conversation off- track - I think dadi's blouse was bit too tight for her...she was not able to breathe properly...hence her general discomfort...and she did not like the fact that Kushi was wearing such loose comfortable clothes...so she does not like Kushi...πŸ˜†...time for me to go I think... Edited by Mahi122 - 11 years ago
---Nisha--- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Time for me to quit watching Iss Pyar ko Kya Naam Doon since it will soon turn into Saas Bahu ko Kya Naam Doon. And I am not interested in any saas bahu saga.

I have no interest in watching regressive crap. I simply dont understand this mentality of our society. I have watched mythological shows ike Devon Ke Dev, Krishan Katheyen, Mahabharat, Ramayan. And back in those days women were not treated the way they are now. Women got their due respect. Their wishes were heard, even if they couldnt be fulfilled atleast they were respected. Yes they were expected to obey their husbands and parents or in laws but they never insulted for no reason. Perhaps because that was a different world...men were honorable back then and so were women but now in our hypocritical society...I doubt people know the meaning of honor. Now honor means complete and utter submission to your husband and in laws (Gopi anyone...she is thought of as the ideal bahu in our society 🀒) 
Or perhaps because they feared the wrath of god by mistreating a woman (plus they followed their dharma and karma)...since people were very religious back then. Now people only think they are religious but they arent really. Its all just to show the world that look I am religious...look I am a better person than you. Back then the perfect bahu had a different meaning but now the perfect bahu means staying quiet and bearing everything your in laws do to you...even if they beat you up. If you say anything then you are a bad bahu. πŸ˜² πŸ€’ This sort of mentality is beyond me. Now I am an atheist as some of you know but still I watch these shows and learn some life lessons from them...I would never behave the way this dadi behaved to Khushi. (Btw another hypocrisy here...atheists are looked down upon by religious people. They seem to think they have a higher moral ground or that they are better than the nonreligious ones. But I dont understand why.) Even if Khushi was a servant, it wouldnt matter to me if she touched gods things...thali and stuff.  Because bhagwan ko toh sachi shraddha aur sache maan se mana jaata hai na. What is status got to do with how pure you are? Does being a servant make a human being ashud (impure)?Does being a servant mean you cannot believe in god or love god as much as a brahman or someone of high status would? Does being a servant mean god wont love you as much as he would love a woman who insults people who have a lower social status? This is why I dont believe in religion (well besides the fact that I dont believe in a supreme diety)...the hierarchy and the hypocrisy is appalling. 

I would rather think god would be more pleased with a servant who prays with a pure heart than a hypocritical religious woman like dadi who on the one hand believes in god, but on the other hand insults gods creatures...those who are less fortunate than her. Compassion is the key people...one must have compassion in them to even begin to understand and love god which dadi doesnt seem to have or if she does then it has escaped me. 
I can just imagine what will happen when she finds out that because of Khushi Anjali's husband left. πŸ˜‘ πŸ€’

One last thing...I dont understand why one has to follow niyam and kanun (rules and regulations) to pray to god (dadi is all about these rules and regulations)? Since I started watching Devon I have learned that Shiv bhagwan is beyond these rules and regulations. He believes that anyone can pray to him. He doesnt believe in these so called rules and regulations. He believes that these rules only bring sadness to a human being. Why cant everyone think like that? It would get rid of religious hypocrisy in this world and it would be a more peaceful world. 
Edited by ---Nisha--- - 11 years ago
enigma17 thumbnail
Originally posted by: CravingKhana

Hey Annie...how are ya...I must say my soujourn into I-F has broadened my acronym database!!! All save PA (that said in my sexiest possible voice)

It took me sometime to cotton on to BS...and now i am afraid when someone in my "real" life says what BS ...I am nonplussed for a bit...and this may lead people to think i am but sowly loosing it...(not that i ever had 'it' b4)

I must say i have a very vast tolerance to language...and do try and understand what the person is getting at afterall it is but a medium of communication...there was a time i would get on my high horse re grammatical errors...et al...and have the habit of correcting people mid sentance if tense or proper terminolgy is not used...(i still do with my children)...a habit inherited from my mother...

I remember the first...holiday after boarding school in India...I had picked up ya an addage to any sentance...as in what ya? why ya? no ya! yes ya!...mum was beside herself...she broke it down ya is shortened form of yes...so you keep saying what yes...no yes...yes yesπŸ˜†

when i read your post i was so taken back in time and can still here my mom...(thanx for preempting that journey back in time)...

while id donot have any pet peeves...of late I have been having ...a few hilarious moments desiphering certain posts and put it down to my ignorance...

esp the spoiler ones...oh well ...is my age telling..???????

ps
my spelling is atrocious and am known for my typos...and here in the forum I hardly ever proof read...assuming you get the gist of what i am trying to say...sorry if it rubs you up the wrong way...and keeps buzzing in your ear like the errant fly that will not go away...but i do luv ya...πŸ˜ƒ

Tangam,
I am aware that your creative writing is deliberately tempered by you!!!
You can and do write well when you choose to do soπŸ˜›

Oh oh no more my PA?
I am mummy?
Is this good, bad or indifferent?

---Nisha--- thumbnail
Hey annie,
I dont mind words such as hottie, hotwa and I just drop dead. I have used these phrases (well only the drop dead one) with my friends sometimes when I am trying to convey how I felt upon witnessing a magnificently attractive male. These phrases convey our feelings even though they arent really accurate. Just like break a leg...you arent truly asking someone to break a leg.

Anyways, I myself do not like test message style writing because I find it very difficult to understand. I may not be as eloquent and gifted with the english language as you seem to be but still I draw the line at test message style writing. It is irritating to be honest because I sit there for moments trying to figure out what I 8 it means...my mind obviously thinks of 8 as a number at first glance so I have to read it twice to realize they meant I ate it, which is obviously a waste of time. 
CravingKhana thumbnail
Originally posted by: enigma17

Tangam,
I am aware that your creative writing is deliberately tempered by you!!!
You can and do write well when you choose to do soπŸ˜›

Oh oh no more my PA?
I am mummy?
Is this good, bad or indifferent?

Oh Annie P allways...you PA now and forever more...that bond never to be broken...let no man beast or writing ever come between us...πŸ˜‰
u just jump started some very hilarious memories...(and it helped...so Thanx)
CravingKhana thumbnail
Originally posted by: ---Nisha---

Hey annie,

I dont mind words such as hottie, hotwa and I just drop dead. I have used these phrases (well only the drop dead one) with my friends sometimes when I am trying to convey how I felt upon witnessing a magnificently attractive male. These phrases convey our feelings even though they arent really accurate. Just like break a leg...you arent truly asking someone to break a leg.

Anyways, I myself do not like test message style writing because I find it very difficult to understand. I may not be as eloquent and gifted with the english language as you seem to be but still I draw the line at test message style writing. It is irritating to be honest because I sit there for moments trying to figure out what I 8 it means...my mind obviously thinks of 8 as a number at first glance so I have to read it twice to realize they meant I ate it, which is obviously a waste of time. 

Nisha drop dead...that too witnessing a hot guy...tu tut tut...a to die for choclate...or cake or pudding i would understand...

oh my girls flying the cooup and not taking your meds u and hiru need a grounding...
---Nisha--- thumbnail

Nisha drop dead...that too witnessing a hot guy...tu tut tut...a to die for choclate...or cake or pudding i would understand...

oh my girls flying the cooup and not taking your meds u and hiru need a grounding...

There are a few rare exceptional men for whom drop dead would work...few however.
But chocolate definitely to die for. In fact I am just about to put hagen dazs vanilla ice cream in my mouth...and it will certainly be to die for type thing. πŸ˜ƒ
Hiru needs a grounding. Why?? πŸ˜• 
enigma17 thumbnail

Oh Annie P allways...you PA now and forever more...that bond never to be broken...let no man beast or writing ever come between us...πŸ˜‰
u just jump started some very hilarious memories...(and it helped...so Thanx)

Happy to obligeπŸ˜ƒ