Diya Aur Baati Hum

Gautam Gulati Talks On His International Movie

Simz786 IF-Dazzler
Simz786
Simz786

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:08am | IP Logged

Gautam Gulati talks on his international movie Siddhartha - The Buddha

Gautam Gulati

Gautam Gulati who essays the role of Vikram in Star Plus' Diya Aur Baati Hum (Shashi-Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt. Ltd) has recently shot for an international film in Srilanka based on Gautam Buddha titled Siddhartha – The Buddha.

Talking about his role, Gautam tells Tellychakkar.com, "I play the negative lead Dev Dutt. This was the same script that Ashutosh Gowarikar wanted to make with big names Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan. But the film did not happen due to budget constraints. At that stage, some ministers from Srilanka (Light of Asia Foundation) stepped into the frame as Producers. They wanted a fresh face from India to play the role. And I had given an online audition for Ashutosh's film and I got selected from there."

On the entire experience to shoot in Srilanka, Gautam adds, "Working for an international film was a superb experience. They had multi-camera setups and the shoot process was entirely different.'

So what about the film's release schedule? "It will be first screened in England, America and some SAARC countries and Thailand in January. However, it will not be screened in India."

According to Gautam, this international film gave him a good learning curve. "I have a big show reel to boast about. I would like to do Bollywood films too, but I guess it is tough for newcomers to break in", avers the actor.

Gautam further informs us that Chandran Ratnam the director of the movie was pretty impressed with his work in Siddhartha, and has offered him a role in a cop drama that he is shooting in February 2013 at the Emerald Island.

Furthermore, on his production house of Diya Aur Baati Hum (Shashi Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt Ltd) granting him a break of more than one month, Gautam states, "TV is surely a priority but my ultimate aim is films. They understood this and agreed to give me a break."

Before signing off, he says, "I am about to leave to London for the international promotion of Siddhartha. I am excited about the project. I also received a call from the President of Srilanka, Mahina Rajapaksa praising my work."

Kudos…Gautam!!!

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

avanka12anusha34MisscoolEyes_srija_farhana874ArHiLover-xSAIBALROUTH

SAIBALROUTH IF-Sizzlerz
SAIBALROUTH
SAIBALROUTH

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:58am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot for sharing.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Simz786

farhana874 IF-Dazzler
farhana874
farhana874

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:03am | IP Logged
Wow...Call from president! Well, you deserve all the admiration!
Great going Gautam!

Simz786

anusha34 Goldie
anusha34
anusha34

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Thanks for the article  i am really happy that my country President call him &  praised his work.  i  Hope he will continue to act in DABH

Edited by anusha34 - 05 August 2012 at 11:43am

Simz786

MisscoolEyes Goldie
MisscoolEyes
MisscoolEyes

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 1:39pm | IP Logged
Nice to see talent being recognized internationally.Way to go Gauti!Smile

Simz786

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top