Gautam Gulati Talks On His International Movie

Simz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 11 years ago

Gautam Gulati talks on his international movie Siddhartha - The Buddha

Gautam Gulati

Gautam Gulati who essays the role of Vikram in Star Plus' Diya Aur Baati Hum (Shashi-Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt. Ltd) has recently shot for an international film in Srilanka based on Gautam Buddha titled Siddhartha – The Buddha.

Talking about his role, Gautam tells Tellychakkar.com, "I play the negative lead Dev Dutt. This was the same script that Ashutosh Gowarikar wanted to make with big names Aishwarya Rai Bachchan and Hrithik Roshan. But the film did not happen due to budget constraints. At that stage, some ministers from Srilanka (Light of Asia Foundation) stepped into the frame as Producers. They wanted a fresh face from India to play the role. And I had given an online audition for Ashutosh's film and I got selected from there."

On the entire experience to shoot in Srilanka, Gautam adds, "Working for an international film was a superb experience. They had multi-camera setups and the shoot process was entirely different.'

So what about the film's release schedule? "It will be first screened in England, America and some SAARC countries and Thailand in January. However, it will not be screened in India."

According to Gautam, this international film gave him a good learning curve. "I have a big show reel to boast about. I would like to do Bollywood films too, but I guess it is tough for newcomers to break in", avers the actor.

Gautam further informs us that Chandran Ratnam the director of the movie was pretty impressed with his work in Siddhartha, and has offered him a role in a cop drama that he is shooting in February 2013 at the Emerald Island.

Furthermore, on his production house of Diya Aur Baati Hum (Shashi Sumeet Mittal Productions Pvt Ltd) granting him a break of more than one month, Gautam states, "TV is surely a priority but my ultimate aim is films. They understood this and agreed to give me a break."

Before signing off, he says, "I am about to leave to London for the international promotion of Siddhartha. I am excited about the project. I also received a call from the President of Srilanka, Mahina Rajapaksa praising my work."

Kudos…Gautam!!!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SAIBALROUTH thumbnail
Thanks a lot for sharing.
farhana874 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow...Call from president! Well, you deserve all the admiration!
Great going Gautam!

anusha34 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Thanks for the article  i am really happy that my country President call him &  praised his work.  i  Hope he will continue to act in DABH Edited by anusha34 - 11 years ago
MisscoolEyes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Nice to see talent being recognized internationally.Way to go Gauti!😊