Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

An Open Letter to "Perfection" Readers (Page 7)

rkapoor1382 IF-Sizzlerz
rkapoor1382
rkapoor1382

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
this is really shocking..
there r crazy ppl who have actually forgotten the difference bween BARUN SOBTI N ARNAV SINGH RAIZADA...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster

gkoolans Senior Member
gkoolans
gkoolans

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:49pm | IP Logged
hye NM
i have been following 'Perfection' ever since u started writing it and i wait anxiously for ur updates. this morning when  saw ur PM i actually shouted..'yesss' . all i have to say for all the poor, delusional readers who have pmed u such silliness is that  'get a life'.  might i suggest dear readers to go and look up the acronym FF...u dont have search too far...search the IF and you will know...ok dont go ANYWHERE. i shall enlighten you FF means FAn Fiction and that is what this is 'fiction'. stop being shallow and try to understand the difference between 'reel' and 'real'. if u mix the two then god can only help you straighten the mess you are ready to make with ur life if u haven't already done that. 
NM your writing has truly evolved into a beautiful piece of art which has the power to move us to tears, anger, laughter, in other words pure pleasure. please keep writing...i understand the problems you are facing. i am not a writer but i am in a profession where i face such issues as well. so i ask you hold on. this shall not be the end of it...it may get worse, or it may completely die down but you shall always know the power your words hold and that is something you can thrive and depend upon for the rest of ur life. now be a good girl and update sooon.Embarrassed
hugs

napstermonster

Nmyra Goldie
Nmyra
Nmyra

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:57pm | IP Logged
Okay - right - so I haven't been able to catch up with Perfection in ages *sorry*  but basically ur saying you have been called out for portraying domestic abuse as 'abuse'?

I'm having a 'What the' moment here cuz not only are these your freaking characters, but you see there run rampant on this very forum "Dark fics" *cough*BDSM*cough*  where there are lines like 'Hit me harder' portraying abuse as foreplay -- and those are apparently perfectly acceptable.

>insert troll-face here< 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster-Chinnu-Ash95

napstermonster Goldie
napstermonster
napstermonster

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gkoolans

hye NM.i understand the problems you are facing. i am not a writer but i am in a profession where i face such issues as well. so i ask you hold on. this shall not be the end of it...it may get worse, or it may completely die down but you shall always know the power your words hold and that is something you can thrive and depend upon for the rest of ur life. now be a good girl and update sooon.Embarrassed
hugs

Thank you! I am blown away by everyone's support and encouragement, but there are a few readers such as yourself (in particular!)  who keep me going, since somehow, to my great delight, you guys started reading my work and stuck to me, and have been a part of my writing process the longest! From someone who has literally been on this journey with me since the first chapter of Perfection all the way till last night's Chapter 38, your encouragement in particular moved me, because you never held back in your comments, or observations. I always watched out for them over the past 4 months because they meant more coming from someone who has evolved alongside of me! And yes Maam...the next installment will be updated within the next 48 hours...you have my word!

gkoolans

.YixingsManal. IF-Addictz
.YixingsManal.
.YixingsManal.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by napstermonster

Originally posted by aparna5293

I was just thinking on ur post and if m not wrong ppl bashed u because u made arnav beat khushi?

No! Thats the really stupid part of it all! Nowhere in my story has Khushi been hit by Arnav, in fact, in the last Chapter (Chapter 38) they get into a serious intense battle where she screams "hit me--you've done everything else" and he reacts with horror, and clearly, doesn't hit her! I couldn't make myself glorify a physical abuser, it's been hard enough to write Arnav Singh Raizada as the emotionally abusive stunted moron he currently is! But there isn't any slapping or hitting--I don't know where that came from, I genuinely think people dont actually read anything before reacting like nutjobs!
@ RED : OKAY ! I need to read this FF !! even tho IM NOT into Readin FFs LOL ! but Please link me !! seems like an intense Story :D ! I would love to Read it ! but will be slow LOL ! as ramadan n im lazy ! but I will make sure to read atleast 2-3 chaps a day :D 

napstermonster

sweet_ipsi Goldie
sweet_ipsi
sweet_ipsi

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:05pm | IP Logged
hey do pm me the link of ur FF...after reading all the praises for it i definitely want to read it...

napstermonster

ssafdar Senior Member
ssafdar
ssafdar

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
I love Perfection and read all the chapters in 2 days... i really love how strong all your characters are and how intelligent they are...i only wish that Akash and Pyal had same gumption in the show as they do in your FF

Please ignore the the haters who feel that they have exclusive rights to ASR/Sobti the line is blurred for them in their own minds.

The majority of us sane readers understand the difference between FF's/ OS's/ SS and the show. we look forward to the different stories that you writers come up with...for me it sometimes fulfils a need that the shows on CV's get wrong or skip over parts of the storylines.

I love IPKKND in any format Embarrassed

napstermonster

.SublimeSaRun. Senior Member
.SublimeSaRun.
.SublimeSaRun.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Hey dear! Don't be disheartened and definitely don't alter your characters in the story for these cheapos. Take this sheerly as a form of flattery and move on. It takes a certain person who has attained "perfection" in his/her works to receive messages as such. Though I have never read your FF's, it doesn't take much effort to understand that they are really good--especially when haters take the time to read and send PMs.

I say this because I have been in very similar situations of receiving PM's (both on YT+IF) quite heavy in content due to my vidding. Upon reading your post, I'm actually glad I'm not the only one here LOL I never really felt a need to come forth abt this but I'll share it here to inform you that you are not alone... In my case, there are many whose PM's lash out against my videos calling them, "unoriginal pieces of sh**" or "pathetic in style". One even went as far as to insult my entire "khandan" D'oh(his/her words exactly). Now tell me, what do my family members have to do with my video mixes?  Mind you, I haven't even mentioned the rather disturbing messages that are filled with curses. It's sad because as a vidder who takes the genuine time and effort to make video mixes, I cannot help but naturally feel disheartened--similar to your reaction. And no doubt, it drains all remaining inspiration. But clearly, these people are mentally unstable and just gain sadistic pleasure in putting people down. Don't let their incentives be successful. They may send idiot messages but we as the victims have a choice. Don't give these idiots the time of day, they are not even worthy of that. 
Just know that there are FAR more people who love your works and that's all it takes. Rock on and keep writing to your own accord!Cool Do shoot me a PM of this FF of yours. Seeing the myriad of compliments about it I'm sure it's nothing short of  "Perfection"Embarrassed
~Puja~

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonsterasha...

Go to top