Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

An Open Letter to "Perfection" Readers (Page 6)

ashvez IF-Dazzler
ashvez
ashvez

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
Hey Navin...I am utterly shocked...by the PM's and the filth which is going in their petty heads.I have yet to read your update.But when I opened IF and came through this post ..I was stunned.What the heck is this? 
Most of them are deranged...and living a life of fantasy...with this Character or must I say Barun Sobti.Thats what it is.I wish they get a good reality check from their family so that they could balance between REAL Life and fantasy.And stop behaving like pure Shitty characters...I can go on with a spree of some lovely words for these morons.

I just can't understand why can't these people appreciate writers like u and many others who try out different facets of life in their writing through these characters.And each story of yours is so very different and of such high pinnacle...that I get zapped by the thoughts , the facts , emotions , scenarios, the detailing of the human minds and their complexities and such apt words used.Phenomenal! Is the word for you and the other brilliant writers.Don't fret my friend...these are a bunch of losers.

Love and tons of Hugs,
Ash.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged
Hello,

I am sorry to say but I actually laughed while reading your post. Not exactly your post but the PMs that you have received. No I am not laughing at those PMs either I am laughing at the members who have sent them to you. No wait I am not laughing at them, I am just laughing at their may-be-existent judgement.

I had heard and read about how members get all defensive when it comes to the ASR of the show which is a fictional character *Reality check required*

But it is quite funny to get all defensive for a character from a Fan Fiction, which is well fiction of a fiction *Don't know what to do with these members*

Congratulations for creating a strong character like your ASR and for being treated like the CVs of the show :D

I have not read your work before, but I am sure you are a good author provoking such extremists feelings in the members :)

napstermonster

-Yuks- IF-Sizzlerz
-Yuks-
-Yuks-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
Wow! 

Just... wow. I on't know what to say

The destructiveness of humans never ceases to amaze me. 

I have often said this to serious criticizers of my work, If you don't like it, don't read it. Simple. 

But when people get personal, its water over the head. I can understand why you have ranted this. 

I say to you, don't be upset. Just ignore the idiots.
There are many, like me, who adore the story you have spun and the characters you have created. Your Arnav isn't perfect. Far from it. But he is real. I don't know what kind of a sheltered life the Private messagers have lived, but the real world that I live in had men like Arnav everywhere. 

Just take the compliments, consider the criticisms, and ignore the jerks...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ahttbarnapstermonster

...shruti... IF-Sizzlerz
...shruti...
...shruti...

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Huh some people are really hopeless first they can't differentiate btw reel and real life and now ff characters and show characters
And suggesting to change the character what the heck
For readers it's plain and simple if you not liking sharacters stop reading who gave u the right to ask a writer to change her character and that too giving personal PMs
For writers plain and simple ignore the jerks
We love your work navin whether the ff is named perfection or imperfection I would still love it
Thanxx for writing such a beautiful work and creating a great character with Arnav

napstermonster

Paisley11 Groupbie
Paisley11
Paisley11

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:12pm | IP Logged
Napster...they dont know how to enjoy a Souffle! LoL!!! 

From where I am standing, you dont require external validation, either for your writing or  for Perfection. It is Perfection. (As I have said before). And you actually know it, which is why every single update that we read, is oozing with the confidence of a writer who knows where she is going with her story and HER CHARACTERS!

The fact that some random readers inexplicable feelings of unrequited love, jealousy, possessiveness and whatnot boiled over in such an unfortunate way...is nothing but unfortunate! 

And although it is easy for me to say, that chalk it off to experience since I am not at the receiving end, but there really isnt much that can be done for juvenile love and raging hormones, is there!!  Perhaps you could balance off the negativity against all the positive vibes and love you receive from the readers who love your work and wait anxiously not only for the updates but also for a PM announcing the journey of a new masterpiece (hint hint!!)

Napster, anyone who could send you the kind of PMs that you have quoted, has neither understood what you write and perhaps is also lacking in maturity to understand not only your writing but of several other writers on this Forum (i dread to think what they will do poor Munchy) and therefore they should be relegated to a world of ignorance and indifference!  

So put your cares away...and look towards another day...and plan that new update or new SS or OS or FF...whatever takes your fancy...your ardent fans are waiting...! The rest just dont matter! 

napstermonster

Anamika100 IF-Dazzler
Anamika100
Anamika100

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:24pm | IP Logged
This is sooo ridiculous.  I can not believe the childishness of these people.  They need to get a life and let the rest of us live ours...reading your ff over and over because I love it so much.

You, the author are creating your work of fiction and the reader has a right to either read or NOT!!!!!  

I for one am a HUGE fan of your work and please know that you have my support and your work is at the top of my reading list.  Don't you dare change anything in your story.  It's PERFECT.

Edited by Anamika100 - 05 August 2012 at 2:27pm

napstermonster

adev Senior Member
adev
adev

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:34pm | IP Logged
-

Edited by kinavars - 26 January 2013 at 9:18am

napstermonster

ahttbar Groupbie
ahttbar
ahttbar

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 2:42pm | IP Logged
Hello,

I have been a silent but appreciative reader of Perfection for a while. I rarely comment on the forum but seeing this post, I wanted to tell you that I really like the story - both the narrative and the character progressions. The latest scene was done very well; both Khushi and Arnav's reactions to the violent incident made all the difference; it's not like Khushi just took it lying down - that would be bad.

And yes, the characters in your story are obviously your intellectual property. Would people like to throw a libel suit on behalf of a fictional character now?!

napstermonster

Go to top