Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

An Open Letter to "Perfection" Readers (Page 5)

farheen75 IF-Rockerz
farheen75
farheen75

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:09am | IP Logged
U know u should have named them here as well bcz I really wanna know who these psychos r who can't differentiate between fiction and reality and who thinks they own this character...how can u love a fictional character to the point of insanity is beyond me,maybe I am abnormal one here...haven't commented on the last chapter will do after Iftar today.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster

neverbefore Goldie
neverbefore
neverbefore

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged
Shakespeare: "The two most engaging powers of an author are to make new things familiar, familiar things new."

I know that you know those that have ventured from the "angst ridden/near psychotic yet sexy, head over heels in love Arnav" characterisation have faced the same as you have...HoH and Munchy came to mind as soon as I read your post.  The same probably goes for those that have ventured to go for a not so wholesome and pure Khushi.

I imagine that the reactions of HoH, Munchy and the like has been a serious case of head scratching, followed by head shaking and a little of the bewildered shoulder shrugging...followed swiftly by a two finger salute and a 'bite me'...and then they've just gone on, and on, and on to write awesome stories based on outstanding characterisations.

I'd love it if you would do the same.  Smile

It's the characters that make a story...made possible of course by your imagination and the way you write up those characters and then develop them.

If people cannot appreciate the story, the characterisations, the effort and the brilliance that it takes to produce literature such as Perfection, Chains of Silver/Gold, Last Sun Sets then that is truly their loss.  They are not reading your fiction for what it is...they're just looking for more of IPK, the TV show with the naughty bits that they can't show on TV. 

I feel bad that it's upset you to the extent that you had to write this post...I'm the least flowery/sycophantic person I know so I'm being very sincere when I say you have a gift which the majority of us truly appreciate.

The minority are just that...for them I feel very sad...their world is limited to the TV screen and the 4 Lions creations.

Rushdie: "Literature is where I go to explore the highest and lowest places in human society and in the human spirit, where I hope to find not absolute truth but the truth of the tale, of the imagination and of the heart."

Edited by neverbefore - 05 August 2012 at 10:24am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster...Pwincess...

redwine1 IF-Rockerz
redwine1
redwine1

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:28am | IP Logged
SHOCKING .. & SHOCKED beyond words .. 

all i can say .. u must DEMAND REDEMPTION FROM THESE PEOPLE .. Well isnt this ABUSING AS WELL .. 

Ok seriously ... am so glad u came out & made a post on this .. & have actually questioned peoples sanity in this forum .. 

Its blasphemy .. for any one to write such a PM to any writer .. Completely CONCUR . this is actually in a way violation of ur IPR . 

hats off my friend for making a post like this .. & waking up people in this forum...
 the SHOW & its CHARACTERS ARE  .. FIGMENTS OF PEOPLES IMAGINATION .. just like . the lead hero in ur FF is a FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION .. 

napstermonster

arta Goldie
arta
arta

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:51am | IP Logged
your stories are fantastic and i don't want you to change anything of them . i like the creativity and the plot and the thought's you put in them and you should not change a point in your work. it's your own work your thoughts and if anyone have a problem to diferentiate a real life from reel or appreciate the creativity better to quit reading than requesting a writer  to change the story . everyone is free to write his own story if one's story is not  of his linking.  For me all the story i have read being it os, ff or ss in IF are unique . are unique because everyone put his thought's and his time and his creativity in writing them , and then share it with us. i appreciate their work and for anything want them to change their stories .

P.s. sorry  i haven't  had time lately to read  and coment  but i will be back and read all in one go.

napstermonster

kitty25 Goldie
kitty25
kitty25

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:08am | IP Logged
All i can say is its very unhealthy obsession of some fans with the reel character...and if the mother of two says that she must be unhappy with her married life...Shocked

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonsterLadyLaLa

nimra21 Senior Member
nimra21
nimra21

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:25am | IP Logged
What I love about this forum is the brilliant fictions that make my days better, constructive and sensible criticism of the show and the funny posts that make me laugh. And I guess that is true for many other people as well. 

But what I absolutely hate is when people who call themselves 'fans' of the show go overboard with their reaction be it reacting to a certain episode, lashing out the people involved with the show or as in your case lashing out at writers who try and do something different with their 'oh-so-perfect ASR'. It is absolutely crazy!

Their is something called creativity and a writer is at full liberty to do whatever she wants to with her characters. And if you don't like how are the characters are being shaped up, stop reading. Simple as that! 

Edited by nimra21 - 05 August 2012 at 11:26am

napstermonster

enigma17 IF-Rockerz
enigma17
enigma17

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:28am | IP Logged
Hi Navin,
Chalk it down to experience and it does take all sorts to make the world go round
Immature, infantile and inability to disassociate facts from fictions is something I have often come across on this IF
It can be rather galling when all your hard and wonderful work is commented upon by someone who simply has no idea nor any concept that its your baby, a fruition of many hours of time consuming work
Trust me when I say you have many many ardent followers of your fictions
I am one of those
I am in awe and admiration of authors such as you and have and am enjoying your wonderful work
The good , bad and ugly is always in the limelight
Take on board the good, learn from the bad and disregard and trash the ugly
Now I am off to read your latest update as I was unaware that you have done so
Keep writing
So I may keep reading
Reading is such a pleasure and especially when its works from a brilliant author like yourself

Edited by enigma17 - 05 August 2012 at 11:44am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99napstermonsterDrwhoasha...LadyLaLaboyznaka

LadyLaLa IF-Rockerz
LadyLaLa
LadyLaLa

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Hi Napster... I am sorry to hear that you have been at the receiving end for voicing your thoughts .

on the other hand I am not surprised to see such reactions... Many fans are unable to differentiate fact from fiction... every  negative comment about a character  in the serial, is taken way too personal.. they see it as an attack on their favourite star... if your view contradicts theirs, you are termed as a basher..   but, please don't let this dissuade you from posting...

Cheers
L3

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonsterkitty25Drwhoasha...enigma17

Go to top