Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

An Open Letter to "Perfection" Readers (Page 3)

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:10am | IP Logged
Oh jesus, you are getting attacked too?  Hahaha I usually laugh off those PMs, but yeah yours do seem to be more abusive and "W*F" and less laugh-worthy. 

Honestly, my opinion, if they don't get your story and characters, don't bother with them. Write for the people who do and appreciate the hard work you put into it. 

As a reader I request others of one thing - if you cannot constructively criticise, and only have abuses to write, do not bother commenting. Please, save yourself the time, and the writers the effort of reading it all. Not gonna lie, it is kinda disheartening to put so much effort and then see that one or two comments that just wreck it all..

PS: Have a stack of PMs to get through, so shall get around to reading your last chapter soon. Promise :D

Edited by Krani - 05 August 2012 at 8:12am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

xnedramoonlight99napstermonster.Euphoria.boyznaka

AngelTeen IF-Sizzlerz
AngelTeen
AngelTeen

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Oh dear.

These beautiful people should not call themselves Barun's fans because really they are insulting him by not understanding the difference between fiction and real nor do they deserve to be called IPKKND fans because they refuse to accept the complexity of its characters in general, your FF not included. 

Not understanding where a fiction work begins and ends is a widespread problem across IF where readers. viewers, TMs often confuse between fiction and reality and other people's POV and their tak on things with their own thoughts.

What Naveen or any other writer write is their own prerogative unless of course they violate forum rules, then the mods can step in but Perfection has not done that, so neither does the story nor the writer deserve anything but constructive criticism which by no stretch of imagination are anything like the PMs she has posted.

Fanfic writers generally put a beautiful disclaimer or something to that effect which states that though the characters belong to the production house, the story is theirs to take and develop as they wish. Readers should really read this bit and understand what it means because really its pretty straightforward.

As a writer myself, I take the comments, criticisms of my work very seriously and debate out rational points raised by readers with myself and try to answer them in the story or otherwise. However I reserve the right to go on with my story as I please, constructive criticism welcome and appreciated. 

@Naveen - Ignore them. Report them, block them, ignore them. :)

PS - @PM senders - She writes whatever she wants to write in the open. Why dont you abuse her and other FF writers in the open too? :)

Edited by AngelTeen - 05 August 2012 at 8:24am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99napstermonsterananya123asha....Euphoria.boyznaka

xnedra Groupbie
xnedra
xnedra

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:23am | IP Logged
look i dont know how else to put dis - I LOVE UR WORKClap, i absolutely adore d intensity and angst present in ur story! at least according to me ur portrayal of asr is far more realistic dan wat d cvs r dishing out to us dese days-not dat i am bashng ny1-  i completely get d fact dat such intensity is not an accepted thing in sp and am fyn wid it! (aftr all im still gettng to drool over barunLOLEmbarrassed)
                                                   but dis is just to tell u dat in my mind d character of asr dat i imagined after watching d 1st few episodes of ipkknd is similar to wat u have drawn up in ur work and his actions therfore are completely true to his character. Im not in ny way sayng dat i support violence against women or nythng but wat asr did in dat story was just his way of showng his love and lettng out his anxiety and i absolutely adored how u brought out d naked emotions in d situation,i cud actually imagine my asr doing all disD'oh.
                                       ok enough appreciation let me get to d reason why i made dis post in d 1st place - luk i dunno wat or how much ppl have bashd u for u to react dis way but let me tell u 1 thng im an avid book reader, been so since i was 5 and im 18 now and ur work was 1 of d best pieces i ever read and i dont want u to stop! im not going to apologise on behalf of dose bashers, der actions r not mine to account for but i am deffo going to appreciate n encourage u for myself just coz i luv ur work too much n am sorta addicted to it! and am sure u luv ur work as much as we do or mayb more dan us so plz dont leave it unfinishd! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster

debby_11 IF-Rockerz
debby_11
debby_11

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
People forget to differentiate between Reel and REAL...
they forget to differentiate between Barun sobti and Arnav Singh raizada
they forget to differentiate between a character in a show and a character in a fan-fiction
there are to many problems...i would just say Ignore them...its the best option...

Edited by debby_11 - 05 August 2012 at 11:00am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99napstermonsterkitty25

.x-bumblebee-x. IF-Sizzlerz
.x-bumblebee-x.
.x-bumblebee-x.

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:33am | IP Logged
Write in what You believe in ... don't let anyone tell you different ..
Jheeze The people that are Pming you need to calm da **** down ..Like seriously .. aha ..  Its such a Craazy Forum ..
Don't change any of your characters or storylines .. Otherwise This Forum will be filled with Sickly Love/soppy pyar stories and everyone's story would be identical .. :| .. 

PEOPLE HAVE TO UNDERSTAND. 1. ASR AND KHUSHI FICTIONAL PEOPLE .. DON'T EXIST!! NO ONE IS GOING TO FIND A ASR!! BECAUSE IN REAL LIFE ASR WOULD BE CLASSED AS A BULLY..

LOL.. AND WRITERS CAN DECIDE ON HOW THEY PORTRAY THEIR CHARACTER!!..

Anyhoo Keep up with your Stories .. :) .. Thumbs Up 

Edited by .._sonii_.. - 05 August 2012 at 8:35am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

moonlight99napstermonsterkitty25

-aparna- IF-Sizzlerz
-aparna-
-aparna-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:36am | IP Logged
OMG
and actually i was laughing on ppls crazyness and d level they goes for smthing like this.
Never raed ur FF but heard of it so much.

Most funny experience today i got, i made post about not watching diwali nite scene yet* i know its shocking* but i never expected rude pms but i got those.

Max ppl considers sobti as husband and i really dunno what name i sud give to such craziness lol

as a FF reader i always appreaciate writers work beacuse i feel how much effort u ppl puts in ur stories.

According to me problem is in FFs we use ipk characters but that shudnt b a problem:|

napstermonster

Peda Senior Member
Peda
Peda

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 8:39am | IP Logged
Hi Napster

I really can't believe the level of immaturity of some people.
What ever happened to freedom of choice.
If I don't like what I,m reading in a fan-fiction I simply stop reading the story.
To simply attack the writer is very childish.
All these readers who criticize via pms also have the same choice to stop reading or write their own stories...which leads me to one conclusion for their actions...that is they are jealous.

After reading last nights chapter I also had a what the f**k reaction initially but that just goes to show what a talented writer you are to evoke that reaction out of me.
I will definitely not stop reading your ff and don't you dare stop writing because of a few deranged lunatics.

All the best always.
Thanks for the pm

napstermonster

-aparna- IF-Sizzlerz
-aparna-
-aparna-

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:22am | IP Logged
I was just thinking on ur post and if m not wrong ppl bashed u because u made arnav beat khushi?

Go to top