Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

An Open Letter to "Perfection" Readers (Page 10)

OnepoundChic IF-Sizzlerz
OnepoundChic
OnepoundChic

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
i just knw m cursing my self for not being a part of the story ,pple r loving this much! i so want to read perfection , the way u write asr, coz i love to read reality, written with out biased thinking!
 can u plz give me ur thread link!

nd the pple who bash u,they r bashing coz they know ur writing is impact full nd is effecting them,but they dont want to face reality! 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonster

MentalExotica IF-Rockerz
MentalExotica
MentalExotica

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:42am | IP Logged
I had once commented on your FF and that was probably somewhere near the end of the thread, I guess it went unnoticed but i had saved my reply to you on my desktop and I am going to paste it right here.

Hey

So I read all the chapters till now, it took me a while to go through them. Not that I am a slow reader but it's just that I am a woman who's extremely capable of being emotionally charged all the time. I see the depth in your writing and it's avidly clear about what you want to torment your readers with. I am glad you're not taking the righteous path of two people oogling at each other and melting away in an eye-lock for the thousandth time.

Adhering to the build-up of how strong and at the same time emotionally weak Arnav and Khushi are your plot has developed great intensity. I love the simplicity in your choice of words.

For me reading a fan-fiction has always been about how thoughts are wrapped in words and served.

While writing fiction we have the right ideas and maybe even a lot of them but it's our own choice about what to build on and what to side line. There are high points and some very dead ones so you almost end up writing something with intensity and when you re-read it, you're like this was not what I had thought of.

Although to end it with a few words of encouragement –

Let words decide the fate of your thoughts,

Unfold and unravel the melting pots,

Subtlety behind the purity of love

Let hatred be the necessary shove.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Paisley11napstermonster

Iceflames IF-Dazzler
Iceflames
Iceflames

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 4:51am | IP Logged
You know people are way too crazy over here,so dont mind them.And please dont change your story due to such crazy accusations.Your story is totally fabulous.Every character is so strong and they have very realistic and logical reasons for their actions unlike our show these days.Writers like headoverheels and munchy are  there who just go on with their story line irrespective of anyone's infuriating attitude and crazy comments on their work.I respect them for that.Just go head with your story dear and tell it the way you want to.As they say you cant please everyone and haters gonna hate.

napstermonster

heahmad Senior Member
heahmad
heahmad

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:04am | IP Logged
I'm a reader, not a writer; lover, not a fighter

Read/love your work, pls continue in your own fashion!

Clearly crazy pills are being sold...somewhere...and being consumed at a rate > sanity

Not sure who this forum is attracting anymore, but given the increase in popularity of the show, guess all sorts and sundry

pyaar > nafrat right?  so, send em a 'have a nice day, now GTFO' Wink

napstermonster

NothingLasts IF-Dazzler
NothingLasts
NothingLasts

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Don't listen to them!!! I love "Perfection"!!! It is different yes, but it is compelling and it captures you!!! I told this to Yuks as well, don't change the plot for something someone said because then it would change the essence of the beautiful piece of writing we got attached to in the first place.

I'll admit that your ASR is dark but that's what makes him so dynamic!!! Who knows? If Star Plus didn't have PG ratings, ASR could very well have turned out like this! He didn't but that isn't the point!!! Girl, don't listen to them haters! Do what you gotta do and you have loads of us backing you up!!!

napstermonster

Cogito_Ergo_Sum IF-Rockerz
Cogito_Ergo_Sum
Cogito_Ergo_Sum

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 2:42am | IP Logged
I wonder if the people who send you such weird 'hate mail' have read the works of Khaled Hosseini? I have read, and loved 'The Kite Runner' and 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'.

Both tales have their protagonists literally enduring the unendurable, in war torn Afghanistan. We encounter their travails, their experiences of physical harm as well as emotional/ mental anguish.

What shines through ultimately, is the victory of human endurance and spirit over overwhelming odds. Of the value of kindness, love and faith in very, very dangerous times.

There are great stretches of both books that are very difficult to read. The characters' anguish and suffering comes so alive that you actually weep for them- and this is not a figure of speech, I had very wet eyes when I read 'The Kite Runner', and was sobbing at some parts of 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'.

What matters is, has the writing been convincing enough to make you feel this much for the character? If the answer is Yes, then that's what the writer's passion was about!!

Also, if the reader can't imagine that the character would do something the writer 'makes' them do, then that's their prerogative to feel so. They can always 'cut out' the chapter in their minds and move on to the next one, right? Why act like an immature schoolyard bully and try to force the writer to see things your way?

All of us have the right to interpret a fictional character the way we like, and that includes the writer who puts in the hard work to create the portrayal. A reader need not agree all the time with how the writer makes a character behave--but shouldn't expect that the writer needs to agree completely with them!

Anyway, read somewhere in one your responses that you are going to post the next chapter (39) of Perfection really soon. Can't wait, please do update soon. As I responded in your FF thread, eager to see how you make Arnav go about the very serious redemption/ wooing/ reassurance that he needs to do!

Edited by RamnVij - 08 August 2012 at 10:55am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

napstermonsterDrwhoreflorated

napstermonster Goldie
napstermonster
napstermonster

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:03pm | IP Logged
Firstly, my heartfelt thanks to everyone who bothered to respond, whether or not you read my work, who spoke so well and so freely about a writer's right to...write. Thank you for being so kind and for responding to my post with grace and positivity. That has become so rare, its shocking to see 10 pages of it so I am humbled by that!

Secondly, thank you, faithful readers who have been so consistent in both praise and critique, and so steadfast in the face of an erratic update schedule. You have all  being the inspiration that forced me to update within the same week! I promised you guys--, and this time i had to deliver, so thanks for the (actually useful) kick in the pants.

Finally, here is a link to Chapter 39, the aftermath to the infamous Chapter 38 of "you EBHIL writer-bitch die in hell" PM fame is up, for anyone who wants to see what happens to the creative process after a fan fiction writer gets reamed out for making ASR more like her own idea of a flawed man and less like the Fan Gurl's idea of God..

link: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=2971095&TPN=115

Edited by napstermonster - 07 August 2012 at 3:04pm
Preeti.xo IF-Stunnerz
Preeti.xo
Preeti.xo

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 3:07pm | IP Logged
Its totally up to u how u wanna make ur characters and what theyre like.

Dont change ur story for anyone, infact if they dont like it they shud discontinue reading. Easy as.

Wud love to read ur work (:

napstermonster

Go to top