An Open Letter to "Perfection" Readers

napstermonster thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 11 years ago
Dear IPKKNDS,

I never do this. I never turn to the open forum when I have as private beef, but this time some readers have gone to the point where they have blurred fiction with fact, and frankly, I want to see who else is suffering what I am going through, and how other writers deal with this craziness. Misery loving company and all that. 

I have often giggled with some other fan fiction writers over how some readers latch onto to the characters we create, and we take it as a compliment if we generate real emotions through our work. Posting a work like Perfection, which is by no means a light and happy romp through fields of puppies comes with its built in target. I get it. I took the risk when I posed on an open forum, like India Forums but by and large, I have been very touched by both the response, and by the meaningful dialogue it has generated. 

But recently, I have been getting PMs not from one or two but several readers, some new ones, some older readers who seem to have LOST IT. What do you say to people who PM the following:

YOU LIKE WIFE BEATING YOU BITCH BECOZ THATS WHAT YOU ARE MAKING MY ASR DO, AND THIS IS NOT DIL SE DUA, GO TO THAT FORUM TO POST YOUR DIRTY WORDS.

Or this: Dera Napstermonstrr
what is ur problem? why do you hate what your own character is like? if you dont know the love of a real man dont write about a man like Arnav and make him a dumbo. Dont write about a man who is just a perfect man everywhere but in your confused mind. Your fiction should be called Imperfection and not Perfection because you dont write logical things about ASR the man.
Go get a life before you mess up again and write your work right.

Why am I posting this stuff instead of just deleting and blocking the readers? Because there are so many of them suddenly, with this attitude, this god complex, this level of crazy right here on this forum! My character is MY OWN. The characters of each of us writers is OUR OWN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY and from our own imaginations. You the crazy ASR worshipping reader do not get to own or govern or change or curse us for our work, you can NOT READ our work, if the man we've created bugs you.

The man you see on screen has little to do with the man each of us write about in our fictions. Every fiction writer gives his own spin to the characters that inspire us. We build stories based on situations that ARE NOT REAL. And each spin is unique, and NOT INVALID because you don't like imagining the great Barun Sobti in my story acting the way I make him act!

And finally, what is the MATTER with the general level of intelligence on this forum now? Are you people who rant about Barun and bristle in his defence as if he is your own flesh and blood--are you  all manic children? I don't believe it, because I know the woman who cursed me out
has two kids of her own!

I am posting this, because I know this is something other writers have faced, and I am facing it right now. I do request those of you who cannot bear imagining ASR as anything less than a man who farts out rainbows and rides a unicorn to his work at the candy factory of dreams---DONT READ OUR WORK. DONT BOTHER TO BUDDY US AND THEN CURSE US OUT, AND YEAH..GET A LIFE. Your own, not a fictional characters.

Angry monster over and out.

PS: The response posts on my most recent chapter in the thread have been nothing but honest, intelligent, and articulate reactions. I would like to add that there have been some really thought provoking comments and some very healthy "what the f**k?" reactions as well, all of which are comments which I dont just appreciate, but that I LIVE for. I am writing this post in response to the PMs I have received this morning, after updating last night. I wish you guys had the guts to post your "gaalis" on the open forum instead of writing to me privately... You know who you are.
Edited by napstermonster - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..mrinalini.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
You shouldn't have made this post...😈

This forum has virtual wives/sisters/mothers of a certain Barun Sobti who loves him and cares for him more than his own wife/mother/sister...

There a certain rules to survive in this phorum...
The most important being don't try to separate "Real"and "Reel"life...That is why...while in reality there are zillion girls out there molested,ra***d...but reality seems a blur when people cry out for redemption of a certain reel life character...

All said and done...I faraq your post!!

Edited by sampin - 11 years ago
Devilways thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 4
Way to go to all those crazy ppl who actally did pm you with all this. Ppl even if one of u is reading this remember the first few episodes did that man threaten to do just what was in the story? Hsnt he done harmed her physically over and over and arent ull the ppl asking for  a redemption track? Hypocrites... 
Seriously i love perfection and look forward To every update. The last one was great.
momma1128 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Don't you dare change your story for anyone. I absolutely love it. It is unfortunate that your creative license to tell the story your way is being thrashed in this manner. It is not only a deluded sense of entitlement, to have a story told in their vision, but also a failure to recognize your creative process. Unfortunately, these are the loudest elements in the forum. I am sorry you have to face those comments and pms. I love your work. Please continue.
-PoisonIvy thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Creative license is a concept that is lost on some people here. And the blurring line between fact and fiction. God knows saying that ASR is just a figment of someone's imagination and is not REAL is going to fall on deaf ears so I am not even going to bother.
senorita2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shocking.

Havent read what you have written but still how can people send you PM's like that?

.YixingsManal. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 8
I never Read ur stuff ! would love to !! but No1 has rights to PM u To change ur Character :S ! tell thm to keep their Insane Obsession to them selves -.- 

Btw Would love to read ur stuff to know why Some Ass's r Burning 😆 
incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Hey Napster,

I am an irregular reader of your FF. I read the first few chapters but I had to discontinue reading it due to time constraint. 

I absolutely loved what I read so far and I am looking forward to read the rest of the chapters.

I used to think there are people who can't differentiate between real and reel but now I think some people can't differentiate between the show and FFs as well. 

Please keep writing. 

PS: I am sorry you had to go through all these. 

Edited by incandescent - 11 years ago
zonera1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Seriously I love your FF Perfection.People should know the difference between reel n real.That was very bad of those people to PM U!!!
ArshiRaiguptha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
This forum has virtual wives/sisters/mothers of a certain Barun Sobti who loves him and cares for him more than his own wife/mother/sister.. ". Hahahahah..!!! Agreed..!! 

And the writer of this post,
Be ready for more attacks..!! all the best. GBY. :P ;-)