India-Forums

Kuch Toh Log Kehenge
Kuch Toh Log Kehenge

OS - We need to talk! (Page 6)

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:19am | IP Logged

Mudra, I did not say Glasgow will call...only hinted at the possibility that maybe he might get the opportunity again,...there is no certainty there...and any professional would know that...opportunities don't wait around for anyone...if they are still available, then you are incredibly lucky...

Coming to real life, I do know of such instances where men have given up opportunities to help further the careers of their wives...my own cousin's husband took a break and looked after the chold when she got an opportunity to pursue her post- doctoral studies in the US...the husband and the kid stayed behind in India and his parents chipped in too...so, fairy tales can and do come true if you are lucky enough...but yes, it is not the norm!

[/QUOTE]

norm?? its a real rarity esp in the Indian community...men are not brought up with that mentality in 99% of the cases...and even if they want to unbend a little for their partners, the people around (family and friends alike) would be giving them weird looks...no intention of hurting anyone but its my POV..country has definitely come a long way when compared to the times when a wife didn't walk beside her husband in public...but still a long way to go before we can really talk about equality in all aspects...

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SSA777Sujatha.raoLibramudraswathi

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by turags

Mudra, I did not say Glasgow will call...only hinted at the possibility that maybe he might get the opportunity again,...there is no certainty there...and any professional would know that...opportunities don't wait around for anyone...if they are still available, then you are incredibly lucky...

Coming to real life, I do know of such instances where men have given up opportunities to help further the careers of their wives...my own cousin's husband took a break and looked after the chold when she got an opportunity to pursue her post- doctoral studies in the US...the husband and the kid stayed behind in India and his parents chipped in too...so, fairy tales can and do come true if you are lucky enough...but yes, it is not the norm!

norm?? its a real rarity esp in the Indian community...men are not brought up with that mentality in 99% of the cases...and even if they want to unbend a little for their partners, the people around (family and friends alike) would be giving them weird looks...no intention of hurting anyone but its my POV..country has definitely come a long way when compared to the times when a wife didn't walk beside her husband in public...but still a long way to go before we can really talk about equality in all aspects...
[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Suja...but today's men are evolved enough to know what matters most...and that is money...so, if they feel that the wife's career advancement will prove more beneficial to them monetarily, they will be only too happy to unbend...I know this is not the real change...but it is the truth...!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sharma.shivaniSSA777Libra

Suvika. IF-Stunnerz
Suvika.
Suvika.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:31pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

I agree with you, Suja...but today's men are evolved enough to know what matters most...and that is money...so, if they feel that the wife's career advancement will prove more beneficial to them monetarily, they will be only too happy to unbend...I know this is not the real change...but it is the truth...!
[/QUOTE]

you really think so?? show me a man who tells that he is real glad that his wife is earning more than he does, and i will show you a liar...they might unbend enough to accommodate a working wife to the extent that she can be on almost equal footing (may be) but one step ahead financially or career wise!!! please note that i do realize there are exceptions to this case...but am talking about the majority here...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

subashniLibra

Libra IF-Rockerz
Libra
Libra

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 9:48pm | IP Logged
once again great OS sujatha.  i loved the way both are willing to sacrifice for each other. thats way way it should be. i wish we coould see something like this in our show. and this would be a great way to introduce new characters.  also a chsnge of locations would be like a breath of fresh air  in the show, not to mention that it would add a whole new dimension to the show.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Suvika.

Sujatha.rao IF-Rockerz
Sujatha.rao
Sujatha.rao

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 11:03pm | IP Logged
@Nemesispower Thank you...marriage is all about give and take..yes, that should be the first rule in a marriage...think about the other's happiness!

@Anu Thanks Anu...but .I don't think giving should be called sacrifice...because you derive so much of joy by giving..so it ceases to be a sacrifice..and the joy that you give your partner far outweighs any lost opportunities...and if they were meant to be, they will come back again...it is probably an idealistic way of looking at things but then...Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Libra

Go to top