*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Urmila to debut in M-town
Nupur Chaudhuri, TNN Jul 31, 2012, 12.00AM IST

Urmila Matondkar may be missing from the Bollywood scene, but she's all geared up to take M-Town by storm.

The actress is making her Marathi debut with an item number in an upcoming Marathi flick. "I've read articles questioning why I'm doing just a song in M-Town and not a film, but it's not really my fault that no good Marathi film scripts have come my way," says Urmila.

The Marathi mulgi is quite excited about the song. "That's my only presence in the film, there's no other scene. I know the creative producer of the film and he'd always told me that it would be lovely if I would be a part of a Marathi film. Then this song came about and Sunidhi (Chauhan), who is one of my favourite singers, happened to be singing it. Plus, Remo (D'Souza) choreographed it and he's also a friend. It was all a coincidence. I happened to be in Mumbai at the time and so we shot it," she narrates. Quite happy with her look in the song, she quips, "I'll leave it to the audience to decide if it's sizzling or not!" The item song has a very typical, village fair setting. "The choreography too is also very rustic and I loved wearing a nine-yard sari with a choli (designed by Manish Malhotra). It's been a fun experience," she says.

Is this just a start to her Marathi stint, we ask. While she's open to doing films, she says, "I want something out-of-the-box. I have never done anything 'typical' in my career, so I can't say that I want to do a period film, an out and out commercial or a woman-centric role in M-Town. It has to be challenging and should have enough meat to it," she says.

On the Bollywood front, she's lying low. "The same applies to Hindi films. It would be plain stupid for me to do something that's not worthwhile." She has dabbled in different genres. "I've done over-the-top roles and underplayed it as well. I need something different. Right now, I'm quite happy to be in this zone — I'm chilling, reading, travelling." But come October, one will see her as 'Begum', the tigress, in Nikhil Advani's animated film. "Now that's something I hadn't done before. Nikhil thought I suited the role of the tigress that has the dignity and command to take over the situation. There are other characters like a boisterous bear, an uptight South Mumbai pet, a shy monkey, etc. Boman Irani, Govinda, Akshaye Khanna, Suniel Shetty and others have also lent their voices," she says.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-07-31/news-interviews/32943324_1_marathi-film-urmila-matondkar-hindi-films

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xr9bi271O4[/YOUTUBE]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Urmila Matondkar shooting item song for Marathi Film Hridaynath.

-koiza- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

lakre ki kathi, kathi pe urmila, urmila ki dum pe jo mara hathora 😭

This woman is being wasted!
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
She should be doing so much more.
Shayu. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
she is  looking old but looks pretty
this song has been shot much much earlier.. 

also she is coming back with Delhi Safari this october...well chalo kuch hi sahi, its good to see her back than to nothing at all
Edited by Nitu_TheTwisted - 11 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Is she going to remain unmarried for the rest of her life?
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
she aged so well..she looks gorgeous...look at that body 😲
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Urmila has certainly aged well.
VishaD. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 7
It could clearly be seen that she has aged and i wished if she had done better roles instead of an item song 😕