Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

   
Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)
Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

Really Dada "Veto"... (Page 3)

creativewriter Groupbie
creativewriter
creativewriter

Joined: 09 July 2012
Posts: 50

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desicrowd

I personally freely sickness is something which is in ones hand... Performing badly and not performing cos you te sick are two separate things... All the good dancers should not lose an opportunity cos they fell ill on the day of the performance... Rohan was hospitalized, can you imagine what he must be going through thinking he cannot perform?

I agree

And despite him being sick, he still performed with Gunjan and he performed well, unlike the bias comments from Geeta MAA!!!.

She said he lacked energy but she failed to realise that he was really sick. Even while the comments were passed you can look at how he stood and his eyes were tired and red, somewhat.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desicrowd

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Joined: 22 March 2007
Posts: 739

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by creativewriter

Originally posted by phadukaran

Originally posted by dazey

Originally posted by phadukaran

i like how you guys are saying it's not his fault that he was sick, Twice he couldn't perform in any competition such things doesn't matter.  Last LIttle masters there was this small girl who reached to top 6 i think, and she couldn't perform, but she got well after two episodes they wouldn't let her dance because they weren't sure if she was 100% better, so the GREAT DADA promised her that she would be brought back into the next season in top 16,.  WHich obviously Dada didn't fulfill, so my point is why VETO, when you can't keep promises dada, and on top it's a competition, you can't perform you have to take a bow.  


 Because Seriously .., Dada doesn't just makes such decisions, His Decisions are very much based Upon the Contestant Herself/himself. 
I am not saying Khushboo is a bad dancer but she has a very long way to go,
 
 you See Rohan, has been one of the most consistent and versatile dancer on the Show since day one.

Not consistent, Because he didn't perform TWICE, I was big fan of Rohan, but when he didn't perform second time, that did it for me.  I had taken part in many competition, so i know how much of hard work goes in training, and i prepare kids for the competition as well.  So I do understand that it is not fair for a contestant to falter twice and he still gets to go to finals.  

and well ROHAN also has long way to go, whether he was allowed in finals or not.  But its not fair, i am talking from other contestants point of view.  

Falter?!?!? He did not falter for reason just cuz. First he was injured and second he was sick. That is not falter. If that is the case, the overhyped Shalini should have gone the very minute she fell sick. She did not perform more than twice if I am not mistake. 

Right but shalini wasn't given chance to go to FINALE either, was she, Rohan got chance to perform till now, even after he came back twice being sick.  So, you are saying it's ok for a contestant to be sick as much as they want to, and just come back, and go for the finale, because it's not their fault they were sick.  So other contestants who worked hard all along should just go with the flow.  Despite they performed through out they should get eliminated but the contestants who were sick should go to finale.  I guess i am seeing too much from other contestants point of view, and not looking at things Emotionally.  
creativewriter Groupbie
creativewriter
creativewriter

Joined: 09 July 2012
Posts: 50

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by phadukaran

Originally posted by creativewriter

Originally posted by phadukaran

Originally posted by dazey

Originally posted by phadukaran

i like how you guys are saying it's not his fault that he was sick, Twice he couldn't perform in any competition such things doesn't matter.  Last LIttle masters there was this small girl who reached to top 6 i think, and she couldn't perform, but she got well after two episodes they wouldn't let her dance because they weren't sure if she was 100% better, so the GREAT DADA promised her that she would be brought back into the next season in top 16,.  WHich obviously Dada didn't fulfill, so my point is why VETO, when you can't keep promises dada, and on top it's a competition, you can't perform you have to take a bow.  


 Because Seriously .., Dada doesn't just makes such decisions, His Decisions are very much based Upon the Contestant Herself/himself. 
I am not saying Khushboo is a bad dancer but she has a very long way to go,
 
 you See Rohan, has been one of the most consistent and versatile dancer on the Show since day one.

Not consistent, Because he didn't perform TWICE, I was big fan of Rohan, but when he didn't perform second time, that did it for me.  I had taken part in many competition, so i know how much of hard work goes in training, and i prepare kids for the competition as well.  So I do understand that it is not fair for a contestant to falter twice and he still gets to go to finals.  

and well ROHAN also has long way to go, whether he was allowed in finals or not.  But its not fair, i am talking from other contestants point of view.  

Falter?!?!? He did not falter for reason just cuz. First he was injured and second he was sick. That is not falter. If that is the case, the overhyped Shalini should have gone the very minute she fell sick. She did not perform more than twice if I am not mistake. 

Right but shalini wasn't given chance to go to FINALE either, was she, Rohan got chance to perform till now, even after he came back twice being sick.  So, you are saying it's ok for a contestant to be sick as much as they want to, and just come back, and go for the finale, because it's not their fault they were sick.  So other contestants who worked hard all along should just go with the flow.  Despite they performed through out they should get eliminated but the contestants who were sick should go to finale.  I guess i am seeing too much from other contestants point of view, and not looking at things Emotionally.  

Why should Shalini be allowed to go into the finals when she was  VOTED out a good 2 weeks or so before the finals? And why should she go to the finals when she was given the chance to perform even after her being sick. Jnana was not given the chance so why singel out Shalini. And there is no way Shalini deserves a place in the finals, what with her mediocre performances throughout. I see, along with Faisal, Soumya, Jeet and Rohan, Uday and Deep in the finals. The aforementioned 6 names are class apart. 

And you clearly misconstrued my post. I did not say they can fall sick to suit their whims and fancy. You do not choose to fall sick. You are highly insensitive here. And no I am not being emotional but rather with a firm head screwed to my shoulders. Rohan's case is different. He was injured at first and was ASKED to rest for a few days NOT MONTHS or WEEKS. And then he fell sick YET he performed with Gunjan. So he did not perform the next day cuz he was hospitalised but to let him leave the competition is a bit to drastic, no? Yes he was voted out (and that is highly questionable given how the show is rigged) but that was right before the final week. So if the Zee wants to bring him in then so be it. He is talented with clean moves. If it does matter, I am sure the other contestants, barring Rockstars don't feel unfair but rather threatened.   

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desicrowd

monmon87 Groupbie
monmon87
monmon87

Joined: 05 February 2012
Posts: 138

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Ok, I read everyone's reply on this matter and there is a lot of going back and forth, but this is what I think...

I personally don't mind the veto...i think Rohan worked very hard  and he deserves it especially since the two times he didn't perform weren't his fault. BUT, if we're talking fairness, I agree, no it was not fair for Dada to even have the power of veto and use it on Rohan. Although...

since we are on the topic of fairness...

had the show been ENTIRELY fair and just eliminate kids who couldn't perform because of injury or sickness or what have you, Jeet would have never entered the competition through wildcard, and Shalini would have never come back into the competition...just like the other 2 girls who were sent home in the beginning of the season who everyone seems to have forgotten. Yes, Jnana, remember her? I don't see a 3 page long forum discussion on her unfair elimination when Shalini was brought back into the competition and Jnana wasn't. In fact, her story is kind of heartbreaking since she was a standby contestant on DID LM season 1 and finally got her chance to be on the show this season, only to be kicked off in the very beginning because of sickness. In fact, they didn't let Khushboo into the top 16 because they decided to give Jnana a chance instead but ended up kicking her out anyway =/

So in the end, yea it wasn't fair. Obviously Dada was doing it for ratings and such because Rohan has a pretty strong following. (In fact, i'm not FULLY convinced that the audience REALLY voted him out when rather, it could have been just a setup so that dada could use his "veto" and show how "nice" he is.) Either way, whoever is going to win, is going to win. It won't mean that the winner is necessarily "better" than the other finalists. All these kids are amazing in one way or another and I've definitely realized over time that this show isn't REALLY about finding who the ultimate BEST child dancer in India is, it's just a big popularity contest that has to do with cuteness and appeal, 95% politics (5% dance). Anyway, I don't think it hurts anyone that this kid gets to go to finals, the other contestants seem pretty happy about it in fact. So let's just enjoy the wonderful performances of these child dancing prodigies on Sunday and forget about the fact that some of us would have preferred Rohan to not be at the finals.


Edited by monmon87 - 09 August 2012 at 2:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Meredith

yasri IF-Dazzler
yasri
yasri

Joined: 06 December 2007
Posts: 3843

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 4:52am | IP Logged
Rohan was voted out by the public exactly as Shalini but the earlier got a veto... 

Rohan deserve to be in Final as a talent and he didn't choose to be sick twice but the way he reached there by veto was not fair. when u can't do an exam due to ur sickness u won't pass, when u can't attend an interview due to sickness u won't get the job. U may get a chance once if others consider ur status but not twice!!

He was voted out by public like him like all other contestants who left, y he got the veto not them? If people liked him enough, he won't be voted out even without performing!!

It was a big mistake from Zee to do so coz it is a real competition not a kindergarten.. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

phadukaran

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Joined: 22 March 2007
Posts: 739

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by yasri

Rohan was voted out by the public exactly as Shalini but the earlier got a veto... 

Rohan deserve to be in Final as a talent and he didn't choose to be sick twice but the way he reached there by veto was not fair. when u can't do an exam due to ur sickness u won't pass, when u can't attend an interview due to sickness u won't get the job. U may get a chance once if others consider ur status but not twice!!

He was voted out by public like him like all other contestants who left, y he got the veto not them? If people liked him enough, he won't be voted out even without performing!!

It was a big mistake from Zee to do so coz it is a real competition not a kindergarten.. 

THank you, at least someone is on same page as I am.  we call them Dance ke Baap, then they should have Jigara of Baap, this is a competition and not a joke, whole world is watching, millions of votes are poring in.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yasri

creativewriter Groupbie
creativewriter
creativewriter

Joined: 09 July 2012
Posts: 50

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 6:50pm | IP Logged
So why is there a veto in the first place? What is the use of a veto power? It's to save one from being eliminated, no? If that is the case, then it was rightfully used. I rather Rohan as opposed to a shoddy dancer like Shalini. 

I agree this is a competition and not a joke. The exact same reason why I still wonder Faisal gets to be overtly overrated and Om gets to sail through with mediocre performances. And also why the judges are aping around with their comments. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

desicrowdDabulls23

phadukaran Senior Member
phadukaran
phadukaran

Joined: 22 March 2007
Posts: 739

Posted: 09 August 2012 at 7:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by creativewriter

So why is there a veto in the first place? What is the use of a veto power? It's to save one from being eliminated, no? If that is the case, then it was rightfully used. I rather Rohan as opposed to a shoddy dancer like Shalini. 

I agree this is a competition and not a joke. The exact same reason why I still wonder Faisal gets to be overtly overrated and Om gets to sail through with mediocre performances. And also why the judges are aping around with their comments. 

VETO shouldn't exists, and I am not saying use it for shalini or rohan, it's competition, if you want kids to learn how to compete and have sportsman ship heart, then there shouldn't be Ailing Mother, Poor Family, Broken houses, and no job situation, erected to garner trps and votes.  Let alone there shouldn't be any means of saving any eliminated contestants or a Sick Contestant.  Faisal is so overly rated, and OM should off been eliminated before anyone,.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

yasri

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Veto?

2

Author: KiranSD1   Replies: 13   Views: 818

KiranSD1 13 818 14 April 2010 at 4:07pm by ThatOneGuy
What happened to Veto and Recall??(spoiler)

Author: Mistyy   Replies: 6   Views: 650

Mistyy 6 650 13 April 2010 at 12:41pm by Sadie.Saxton
#SPOILER# Veto

2 3

Author: shivani003   Replies: 20   Views: 1709

shivani003 20 1709 13 April 2010 at 5:58am by ThatOneGuy
Ofcourse theres no veto/recall

Author: Bunty_89   Replies: 0   Views: 488

Bunty_89 0 488 12 April 2010 at 12:18pm by Bunty_89
Spoiler: No Veto and No Recall??!!

2

Author: akanna   Replies: 14   Views: 2415

akanna 14 2415 07 April 2010 at 9:46am by -desigirl-

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters) Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index