Writers Corner: Books, Stories & Poems

||Hope in Heart|| (STORY) Chapter two updated

LoveToLaugh thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Hi fellow Writers-Corner-ians! πŸ˜ƒ

This is my first post on the forum. This is the first chapter of a story that I intend to develop into a short novel or something like that. Please do give it a shot and do drop in your thoughts. Thanks! πŸ˜Š

Chapter 1 ' Expectation

Aashima stood on the balcony of her new apartment. Her arms were stretched out in the air, as she let the rain drops fall on her skin. On other usual circumstances she wouldn't have done so; she was oddly rain-o-phobic! The perpetual worry of catching a cold or flu in the rain had made it impossible for her to enjoy what romantic people could apparently enjoy with ease. But the recent turn of events could not have been less usual for Aashima. And it was perhaps owing to the fact that she was in a state of thorough confusion that she sought refuge where she had never sought it before.

But for all the peace of the moment, the delicious smell of the wet Earth, Aashima was not consoled. And try though she might, she could not help but let her mind drift back unpleasantly to the conversation she had had with her sister-in-law a few minutes ago.

"How come you didn't go to the party yesterday?" Raima asked.

"Party? What party?" she asked, surprised.

The voice on the other end was incredulous. "My dear, what do you mean by "what party?"? You know I am talking about Tuli's birthday party last night. What happened? Why did you not go?"

"No, no, Didi. Why yes, it was Tuli's birthday yesterday. But I cannot remember her inviting me to any party."

"Well, I don't know. But I did meet Tuli only a few hours ago. And she told me that you were the only one in the entire group who did not attend her birthday celebration."

Aashima felt thoroughly nonplussed. What was going on?

"Do you know what else she said?" Raima continued. "That Shubham was low the entire time he was there. And when everybody asked him about you, he just refused to talk about you. What is wrong between the two of you?"

Aashima felt something had got stuck in her throat, rendering her momentarily speechless. He knew everything? She thought with a sense of incredible disbelief. He knew everything. And he went. And he didn't tell me. Why didn't he tell me?

"Aashima?"

She couldn't tell Raima the truth even if she hadn't felt that her voice had left her for ever. After all, what could she tell her sister-in-law? That her husband never mentioned anything to her and had decided to go off without her?

She tried to gulp down the heaviness in her throat. "Oh, that!" she said, trying to sound as nonchalant about it as possible. "Oh, Didi, I remember it now. He did mention it to me. But last night I wasn't feeling well at all. These migraine attacks, you know; makes a mess of a fine, healthy woman. I fell asleep. He probably didn't want to disturb me and he left without me."

Raima paused on the other end for a while. It was with a heavy voice that she resumed again.

"But why did Shubham not explain everything to Tuli? Look, Aashima, you and Shubham have only just been married. People are going to expect you to attend parties and functions together. And if you don't, they are going to ask questions. I heard you skipped the Holi party too. My dear, this is the time when you mix with people, make friends and get involved."

It was vaguely that Aashima realized that it had stopped raining. And it was in a preoccupied manner that she entered her bedroom and closed the door behind her. Instantly, her eyes fell on the photograph on the table stand beside her bed. It was the picture of her husband, Shubham, and her on their wedding day. He had his arms around her shoulder. Both of them were grinning in an embarrassed sort of way. She thought they had both looked quite good back then.

It had only been a month ago. She had barely started to understand her husband and already she felt he was out of her reach. Aashima felt that the gravity of the revelation was pulling her into the depth of something she couldn't quite comprehend. She felt betrayed and at the same time she was consumed by an inexplicable sense of pride. She wanted to talk to Shubham openly about what had happened. And yet, something in her heart seemed to firmly decide against it.

Some part of her hoped, in spite of herself, that she did not know the complete truth. And it was this part that desperately tried to make a case for him.

He must have mentioned it. Yes, I cannot be wrong. He must certainly have mentioned it. I just did not take him too seriously. He got annoyed and just left without me last night.

Yet, she couldn't brush off the fact that her husband had refused to stay at home for dinner last night. When she had enquired as to where he was going, he had replied with a curt "I have some work." And inconsequential though it had seemed at that time, he had also slammed the door on her face as he had walked out.

Subconsciously, Aashima reached for her cheek and brushed off the single tear that had rolled down. Though she could not remember when.

Edited by LoveToLaugh - 11 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Leve thumbnail
interesting chapter...really liked it and made me curious as to what really happened between ashima and her husband.. you didn't update the next chapter? please do so πŸ˜›
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Clever.Foxxy

interesting chapter...really liked it and made me curious as to what really happened between ashima and her husband.. you didn't update the next chapter? please do so πŸ˜›

Thank you so much for your comment! You don't know how much it means to me. I am so glad you liked it. πŸ˜³

No, I didn't update the second chapter here. But I guess I will now. That's as far I have written though. I don't even know what to write in the third chapter. I guess I kinda lost my own interest in this story. πŸ€’
Leve thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: LoveToLaugh

Thank you so much for your comment! You don't know how much it means to me. I am so glad you liked it. πŸ˜³

No, I didn't update the second chapter here. But I guess I will now. That's as far I have written though. I don't even know what to write in the third chapter. I guess I kinda lost my own interest in this story. πŸ€’

You are welcome πŸ˜ƒ it is worth liking dude 😳

yes please do update this story because i am really curious as to what happened next πŸ˜† i really want to know what's the deal with aashima and her husband πŸ˜†

aww its alright, take your time.. update after a week πŸ˜‰
..Ankita.. thumbnail
what really happened? A mystery?
When will you update the next chapter? Can you PM me when you do?
AY_candy_luver thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hey! Finally got time to read it. Its a tragedy to see stories die. I feel horrible when I scrap an idea, it feels like Im commiting a murder. So, please refrain from commiting a crime and post the next chapter soon! :) Lame joke, but meh, its genetic.

Ok, coming to chapter one. Great use of imagery. I could smell the wet earth…the multani mitti as Im guessing this is in India? The raindrops, tapering off her roof… I could see it all. And yes, you have me interested in this story. What happened between the couple? Will it get resolved? Will she find someone else…Ah, the possibilities are endless. 

Love your writing, its very pretty, and I'm a fan of writing thats pretty. So please don't hesitate and do continue :)
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ..Ankita..

what really happened? A mystery?

When will you update the next chapter? Can you PM me when you do?

Hi! Firstly, thanks for reading and the comment. Means a lot. πŸ˜³
Actually, I initially meant for this to be a love story. But right now I don't know where this will go eventually myself.
And I'll post the next chapter by tomorrow. And sure, I'll PM you.
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: AY_candy_luver

Hey! Finally got time to read it. Its a tragedy to see stories die. I feel horrible when I scrap an idea, it feels like Im commiting a murder. So, please refrain from commiting a crime and post the next chapter soon! :) Lame joke, but meh, its genetic.

Ok, coming to chapter one. Great use of imagery. I could smell the wet earth'the multani mitti as Im guessing this is in India? The raindrops, tapering off her roof' I could see it all. And yes, you have me interested in this story. What happened between the couple? Will it get resolved? Will she find someone else'Ah, the possibilities are endless. 

Love your writing, its very pretty, and I'm a fan of writing thats pretty. So please don't hesitate and do continue :)

Ana, thanks a lot for reading and for the comment. Much appreciated. πŸ˜³

Haha, well, I guess I will be continuing this but honestly, I don't know where this story is headed myself. I started out with the intention of writing a love story. I do have chapter two written, though and I'll post it here.

Yeah, multani mitti...isn't the smell absolutely delightful?

I am so so glad that you liked my writing. It is a great compliment and I'm truly honored. πŸ˜³
-Dee- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
This seems to be going a lot where. It was an arranged marriage, clearly?? And then complications..! I love the way you have begun. Do continue soon or threat PMs will decorate your inbox.πŸ˜†
LoveToLaugh thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: -Dee-

This seems to be going a lot where. It was an arranged marriage, clearly?? And then complications..! I love the way you have begun. Do continue soon or threat PMs will decorate your inbox.πŸ˜†

Haha πŸ˜†
Thanks a lot for your comment and yeah, I am updating it now! πŸ˜Š