Writers Corner

A moment

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-Dee-

IF-Dazzler

-Dee-

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 9:38am | IP Logged

She folds the towel and keeps it atop the bag. She holds the zip and tries to shut the bag. She pushes the zip towards the other end. It refuses to move. Her hand is trembling. She feels tears of frustration roll down her cheeks. She had not wanted to shed them. The bag was filled with his necessities and just seeing them, had brought home the realization that he was going away today. This fact had tugged at her heart so furiously that it had contracted very suddenly and yet so slowly, that she could not withhold her pain. She slipped on to bed before her legs could give away. "He'll come back to me," she mutters to reassure herself. Suddenly, she feels warmth behind her warmth she is familiar with but at the moment warmth she cannot relate to.

He enters the room and finds her slumped on the bed with her back to the door. He can see her shaking. He moves forward and sits down beside her with his back to her. He turns to her side. He can see that she is mumbling something inaudibly to herself. He puts his hand over hers and finally zips the bag. He wipes her tears. He can see her rosy cheeks and her Rudolf like nose. He takes her into an embrace. He steps out of the hug and gets off the bed. He stands straight and salutes her in his heavy voice, "Captain Sharma reporting, Ma'am."

She smiles through her bleary eyes and flung herself into his arms. She steps back and takes his extended arm. They walk out of the house with the luggage. He locks the door of their home and takes a last look.

As he drives the car, she does not let go of his left arm. They step outside. He locks the car and hands over the keys of their home and the car to her. Pulling the rucksack onto the platform of the station by his right hand and keeping his left arm around her shoulder, he waits for the last announcement.

The station master announces the departure of the train and he can see a peon preparing to ring the bell. He turns to her side and hugs her for the last time seeking in the faint floral smell of her perfume and her hair. He steps out and kisses her on the nose which is still red. He can see the unshed tears. He shakes his head and says aloud, "Take care, dear."

She brushes his collar as if to brush away dust. Then, she steps back with a determined face. She smiles and kisses his cheek. She says, "Do your job, soldier."

As she watches the train go away, she waits for it for him, to be no more in her sight. She sighs and looks at the platinum band on the ring finger of her left hand. She kisses it softly and says, "Do your job, soldier and come back to me."

A/N - I feel almost sad to see too many views and then no likes. If you read and like it. Do comment or press that button down there. It's a humble request. Might help me with some motivation Smile

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

preethsmahi530NinaArief*Dev.*Ishq.Wala.Love.Melody.AmeresPurple_LadyThe.Patthaaka.Isee

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A moment" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ameres

IF-Sizzlerz

Ameres

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 5:19am | IP Logged
I know this comment comes a bit too late but I had been meaning to do so since I read it. Just too lazy. =P

Coming to the post, very well written and the thought is really sweet, brings a smile on ones face. The fear of going away mixed with hope of meeting again- nicely written and it hits a chord. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Dee-

NinaArief

NinaArief

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 12:48am | IP Logged
i always hate to see such moments,soldiers who's families spend every day in the fear of the unknown, and wait so patiently and ardently for their love..well written.

-Dee-

Purple_Lady

IF-Sizzlerz

Purple_Lady

Posted: 08 September 2012 at 9:27am | IP Logged

u portrayed so much without use of hardly any dialogues .. and it clearly struck a chord..

the starting lines.. wow! its the feeling we always have wen sum1 close to us goes away.. and i have never  seen ny1 put that into words..

it was wonderful!

Edited by Purple_Lady - 31 December 2012 at 3:12am

-Dee-

.Melody.

IF-Rockerz

.Melody.

Posted: 29 December 2012 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Heart touching moment. . . Very well written:)

-Dee-

*Dev.*

Coolbie

*Dev.*

Posted: 30 December 2012 at 5:34am | IP Logged
very well writtenDay Dreaming

-Dee-

Post Reply New Post

Go to top