Debate Mansion

If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 9)

Post Reply New Post

Page 9 of 149

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 07 August 2012 at 11:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by akanksha82

I was not born in Russia. I wish to be involved with politics back in my home. I wish to return to India soon oneday.

Politics is the only way to bring about a change.

Yeah, I read you were ambushed into marriage with a NRI. But seeing your case, one would think that you will want to do something for betterment of females. But you are more interested in BJP, modi ji, and Hindutva. And that raises the doubts. One just not turn the mind straight from spouse not accepting to politics.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 9)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 1:21am | IP Logged
There is no need to search for God, compassion is God.

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:32am | IP Logged

I will tell you why you are confused. You are confused because you are not a woman, and Rehanism is confused because neither is he a Hindu nor a woman.

For me, the only way out is through politics and it is the only weapon that yields the power. There is no other scope of opportunity to solve the crises of women in India other than through politics. Political parties are those organizations from which one can forward their agendas. Any other are foreign aided spy agencies working in countries for their interests, not ours.

This idea is a foreign funded idea in your find injected by white skinned people, some I've noticed are quite active in this forum too.

I don't think being Hindu has anything to do with understanding your condition.

I don't think any political party is doing their job perfectly. Most are too busy filling up their Swiss accounts.

What idea is foreign injected in me? I will tell you, I have formed my ideas myself. And I don't think there are white skinned people injecting ideas in this forum. Rather, I have seen you hijacking threads and posting your non-related nonsense, just like you did to this thread. You are seriously paranoid. Just chill.

-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

When there is a mention of god, there must come the name of Hinduism.

Hinduism is a Sanatan Dharma. It is the core belief of those who believe in the Bharatiya gods and goddesses. Anyone who does not call it a religion is an enemy of the Hindus.

No, Hindu people don't have a monopoly over God. And it is as illogical as any other religion.

I'm not a hindu, but like they say, "Don't judge a book by it's cover."
You haven't read the Bible, Quran, etc. 
You don't know anything about anyone's religion !
& you're saying it's illogical ? Please !
First, get to know it, then judge !

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 3:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aya.

I know, and I think you are a Muslim.  

I haven't fully read it but know the overview, and that tells me it's illogical. Starting of bible, creation of 7 days and 7 nights and forbidden fruit story, illogical. Virgin pregnancy, illogical.

Quran clashes with many scientific theories, and orders to kill non-Muslims. I would say, illogical and dangerous.

Hinduism has too many Gods and has lost the meaning. Vedas say something different, people now believe something different. That is also illogical.

I know about it, that's why I say it is illogical. Unlike you, who knows nothing about science and calls it imagination.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ethereal..Rehanism-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:20am | IP Logged

I know, and I think you are a Muslim.  

I haven't fully read it but know the overview, and that tells me it's illogical. Starting of bible, creation of 7 days and 7 nights and forbidden fruit story, illogical. Virgin pregnancy, illogical.

Quran clashes with many scientific theories, and orders to kill non-Muslims. I would say, illogical and dangerous.

Hinduism has too many Gods and has lost the meaning. Vedas say something different, people now believe something different. That is also illogical.

I know about it, that's why I say it is illogical. Unlike you, who knows nothing about science and calls it imagination.

Yes, I'm a Muslim .

No, it does not say to kill all infidels for no reason . A lot of those who are against Islam like to take a verse out of context . What you're referring to is, in a time of war, when a Muslim is being attacked . A Muslim is told to defend him/herself, and even then it can only be the person who attacked them and not any innocent person standing by . We're not even allowed to pluck a leaf from a tree for no reason, because it's a living thing . There are bad & good people in this world . Don't judge the whole community because of one person .
First, read the whole book, not just 1 or 2 pgs. or what the media says or what people around you are saying .

The Quran talks about science, but I haven't reached that part yet . I've actually started reading the Quran this month . I've never said I don't believe in science . Of course I do, but not in every lil thing .
You don't know anything about anyone's religion or book & you say it's illogical . 
You don't know anything about God & you call Him imagination .

RainbowWarriorForever-KA

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged

Yes, I'm a Muslim .

No, it does not say to kill all infidels for no reason . A lot of those who are against Islam like to take a verse out of context . What you're referring to is, in a time of war, when a Muslim is being attacked . A Muslim is told to defend him/herself, and even then it can only be the person who attacked them and not any innocent person standing by . We're not even allowed to pluck a leaf from a tree for no reason, because it's a living thing . There are bad & good people in this world . Don't judge the whole community because of one person .
First, read the whole book, not just 1 or 2 pgs. or what the media says or what people around you are saying .

The Quran talks about science, but I haven't reached that part yet . I've actually started reading the Quran this month . I've never said I don't believe in science . Of course I do, but not in every lil thing .
You don't know anything about anyone's religion or book & you say it's illogical . 
You don't know anything about God & you call Him imagination .

Thought so.

I have not read it, but I googled and found these.

Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (9:123)
When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam. (5:33)
The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies
(22:19)
Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (47:4)
The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (8:65)
Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (3:28)
Terrorise and behead those who believe in scriptures other than the Qur'an (8:12)
Muslims must muster all weapons to terrorise the infidels (8:60)

Do the verses not exist?

I have planned to read every religious book and I know I fill find many contradictions. But the main point is that every religious book says there is a God who created us, without any proof. And that is illogical. So, when the basic premise is illogical, the whole book is bound to be.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 08 August 2012 at 7:34am | IP Logged

Theists, just address these two points:

The Epicurean Paradox

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?

Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?

Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?

Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing?

Then why call him God?

Being omnipotent does not mean one has to exercise that potency. Not preventing a wrong does not automatically mean one is not willing to prevent a wrong. It is not about willing here.

The framework of life in context of religion is that we are left to live our own lives. We are responsible for our actions in response to the situations we get. God does not control everything despite having the ability to do so and this is why we have a concept of heaven and hell where we will be judged according to situations we faced and how we dealt those situations. 

There is no paradox and therefore I refute this.

The Godless Equation

Who created God? If someone did then he is not so great now, is he? And I know that you will go the predicted path of "God doesn't need to be created and he has existed for all this time".

So, basically you agree that a "thing" can exist without being created.

So, why not remove God from the equation and apply this to the universe. The universe has always existed, and it didn't need to be created. After all that's what Occam's razor says, any explanation that makes fewest assumptions is more probable. So, I applied the belief you agreed to directly to the universe and voila! We have one less element to worry about. And if you not agree to the statement that something can exist without creation then answer, who created God?

Now I have not studied other sciences much however happen to go through biology a little. I know that at the level of cell membrane we have channels lined by gates which respond to voltage produced by exchange of ions (between inside and outside cell) through preceeding channels and in this manner a signal propogates. Now can you please enlighten me how the heck can that happen randomly? lol. From DNA to complex organs and system and their coordination just happened randomly because the condition and the envrionment was suited for that. What was the need that led to all this? lol.

The problem with atheists in my view is that they have closed their mind not only to idea of God but to idea of intelligence behind life. Now I don't care if you want to call that intelligence god, alien or goblin. But please don't tell me that this one structure (human body) which i happen to study and there are many other such structure came into existence as a result of a big bang and then random processess over billion of years. Its a joke. Its like saying a television came into existence randomly. This is a thought out design.

Lets settle on one thing. That life and whatever is happening is intelligence based. You can be open as to whats the intelligence. Now whatever it is it seems to me it will always be illogical from current view of science followed by logic. For example once you assume that DNA came somehow then all the structure make sense as they are coded in DNA,

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. : I am not trying to convert anyone. Just looking for a healthy debate. I promote everyone having his or her own viewpoint. But, I think it does all of us some good to reevaluate our beliefs from time to time, to answer ourselves that why we believe in some things. And it is also good to know some other viewpoints. that's why I have created this thread, for an interseting discussion. No flame wars, please! Smile

In conclusion the idea of God is not that illogical once you agree that there is intelligence behind whatever is going on. I have assessed is from non-religious angle as well and I believe more the science discovers more stronger my belief that there is intelligence behind all this.

Edited by King-Anu - 08 August 2012 at 7:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriorAya.Autumn.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top