Debate Mansion

If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 149

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Aya.

"What would you say if someone told you that he had seen a loaded ship without a captain and a crew going through a strong storm, but sailing well towards a safe harbor all by itself ?"

Does your human reasoning/intelligence/common sense accepts this ?

"If your reasoning/intelligence/common sense does not accept the story of a ship without a leading crew, then how do you accept a whole universe with all its varied conditions and complex nature running without a Creator in full charge ?"

Yes it is good to have a proper guide in life's crazy journey; saves a lot of time and trouble.
Alternatively we need to get a compass to ensure we do not get lost.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Summer3

IF-Stunnerz

Summer3

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 12:57am | IP Logged
Lord Buddha never spoke of God, nor did he tell his followers to pray. But He did emphasis on proper living, right understanding etc.
He taught love, compassion and the escape from rebirths.

So whether we believe in God or not we must strive to escape from rebirth.

I like the concept of God, as it is fun. Whatever we believe in becomes a reality, in some ways our minds creates everything.

God if we think of God we are.

Edited by Summer3 - 06 August 2012 at 12:57am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Autumn.Freethinker112-Chandramukhi-

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

"What would you say if someone told you that he had seen a loaded ship without a captain and a crew going through a strong storm, but sailing well towards a safe harbor all by itself ?"

"If your reasoning/intelligence/common sense does not accept the story of a ship without a leading crew, then how do you accept a whole universe with all its varied conditions and complex nature running without a Creator in full charge ?"

Yes it is good to have a proper guide in life's crazy journey; saves a lot of time and trouble.
Alternatively we need to get a compass to ensure we do not get lost.

You're missing the whole point here . A ship cannot travel by itself . You need people to attend to it; to its needs . You don't expect your mail to come to you by itself . A human attends to it by preparing, organizing, and delivering it to you . The point is not the direction you are going rather the trials during that journey . The lifetime of a human, plant, animal, and all that exists needs attendance . It cannot be left alone like the ship . Can you leave a newborn baby in the middle of nowhere and expect it to grow into an adult with a compass;something to tell him the directions of growing up ? 

Edited by Aya. - 06 August 2012 at 1:21am

SportsFreak

SportsFreak

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:22am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Agree with the rest. Religion just served one function, to control the masses. People must have been free, each thinking for their own, and a thinking mind is the most important hindrance when you are trying to rule over people. Then religion was invented, all people following you blindly, ready to do anything a man said, in the name of God.
[/QUOTE]

I don't know why people who don't believe in religion think that the rest of us who believe in it do not think for ourselves and are blindly following it. I have seen this statement so many times and i feel insulted. Most people in the 21st century are educated and modern and  i doubt   most of them can be forced to follow something without thinking about it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

MagixX

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged

What's there not to believe? Ocean currents are random, and a ship sailing without any other influence than sea, will go in the direction of current. And there is a possibility that the current took it to a harbor. That's simple probability, chance if you will.

Yeah, my human reasoning/intelligence/common sense accepts it.

Though I accept that story that by chance a ship can get to safe harbor, I will address this point. I do not believe in a creator because there isn't evidence of one. You don't believe because we don't have the full explanation of the origin of Universe yet. People like you used to say Indra is in charge of rain, Bhaskara for rising of sun, etc. Why? Because they didn't know how these things happened. And instead of finding out, they stupidly created imaginary beings and made them in charge. But that doesn't make them real. There is no one running Universe, at least we haven't found anybody. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RehanismSamraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Summer3

Lord Buddha never spoke of God, nor did he tell his followers to pray. But He did emphasis on proper living, right understanding etc.
He taught love, compassion and the escape from rebirths.

So whether we believe in God or not we must strive to escape from rebirth.

I like the concept of God, as it is fun. Whatever we believe in becomes a reality, in some ways our minds creates everything.

God if we think of God we are.

Yeah, I agree with many of Buddha thinking. Being human is enough for me. But I don't believe in the concept of rebirth as I don't believe in the existence of soul.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:42am | IP Logged

You're missing the whole point here . A ship cannot travel by itself . You need people to attend to it; to its needs . You don't expect your mail to come to you by itself . A human attends to it by preparing, organizing, and delivering it to you . The point is not the direction you are going rather the trials during that journey . The lifetime of a human, plant, animal, and all that exists needs attendance . It cannot be left alone like the ship . Can you leave a newborn baby in the middle of nowhere and expect it to grow into an adult with a compass;something to tell him the directions of growing up ? 

I think you are missing the knowledge of evolution. If God was going around creating lives, Universe would be full of it. But no, everything has happened by chance and on itself. Earth was at right distance, with the right atmosphere, that caused presence of water and evolution of carbon based lifeforms. Single celled amoeba came which evolved into multi cell organisms. Then came reptiles, and then mammals evolved. Then came the dawn of mankind, after billions of years after creation of earth. And yes, once upon a time man was newborn baby in jungle, with no technology. Some of them survived, learnt hunting, agriculture. And then developed industry, technology. So, technically yeah, a newborn baby in middle of nowhere has now become a man with compass and digital magnetometer.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaSamraat_92

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 06 August 2012 at 1:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by SportsFreak

I don't know why people who don't believe in religion think that the rest of us who believe in it do not think for ourselves and are blindly following it. I have seen this statement so many times and i feel insulted. Most people in the 21st century are educated and modern and  i doubt   most of them can be forced to follow something without thinking about it

You made the religion choices yourself, after studying and thinking? Are you not the same religion as your parents, which was given to you as soon as you were born, without your consent? Have you read all the holy books of your religion, studied it deeply, and found no collisions between your thought and the thought of books? Have you studied other religions to see if there is a better one out there? If you haven't then don't claim you are all educated about it. Because the books directly contradict science, and only of them can be true. And science provides evidence, while religion doesn't.

In modern world, we provide a degree certifying that the person knows about something, after making him study for years and then testing him. But everyone goes around being Hindu without even reading a Veda.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosa-Chandramukhi-Samraat_92

Post Reply New Post

Go to top