Debate Mansion

If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 145)

Post Reply New Post

Page 145 of 149

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 15 November 2012 at 11:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Angie_

At times I ve been wondering if the mathematical laws are not in nature but in human mind! The surprising thing is the 'laws' and 'mathematics ' designed by human beings are found to fit in. No one thought that non-Euclidean geometry will be of any use but Einstein found that to be useful to develop his General Theory of Relativity.Ideas developed by mathematicians as intellectual exercise without any link to physical world were found to be useful to describe the physical world after years.It does not necessarily mean that nature follows a law...it may mean we are able to find a model to predict the course of nature, may be we go on revising our model , refining it like weather forecasting model ...
As for coincidences...it is easy to dismiss a lot of stuff as mere coincidence but when we look back and take stock,  their sheer volume and impact  is too astounding to be  dismissed Ermm

A lot of this boils down to what exists objectively.

Do logic and math have an objective existence independent of the human brain? Are we discovering Math in nature or did we invent Math and began understanding nature in terms of what we invented?

I don't know how meaningful it is to eliminate the conscious mind (inside of which the laws exist presumably) from nature and then think about how nature exists in reality without a mind being there to perceive it.

How do you take out the mind and then "think" what exists? Who is doing the thinking exactly?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 145)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 16 November 2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged

Hahaha .. LOL

Exactly my point ...Tongue  ... .. My question is can Consciousness exist without an associated material body ? The brain cells ? ..If it does then
it  should be included / accepted as a part of super symmetry ...The Graviton is a imaginary particle ..that engenders mass less  gravity. 

W & Z bosons along  with Electromagnetism and strong gluon interaction constitute the Super gravity ..which is still insufficient to foster gravitational interaction ..( In a mass less state ) ..So that conscious element which might exist regardless of a material body / the cells is what gravitons are all about ..Thus making consciousness the foremost energy at the time of creation / big bang or whatever that happened back in time ..

OR

May be all that exists is only the consciousness ...and hallucinations happen because of its distortion  ..it can be true ..Ask those who do drugs ..Smile They get to see things that are too cranky, too illusive to be true ..May be we as one conscious energy, with even a slightest fluctuation in its level, see everything that doesn't even exist in a material realm ...Which means nothing was ever created .and nothing exists ...This is weird feeling ..Its kinda sad to realize that Me , K, Angie , Birdie ( And Birdie was a HE ? Shocked ..WTH ..Ouch ), Return to hades, Freethinka , Aya , Zorro, Icchhadhari LOL  and even the Stein full of wine that I have in front of me doesn't exist ...Cry  ...I ll better down that before I become  glum nuff to quit drinking ...Ouch

Vintu ...  LOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 24 November 2012 at 11:19am | IP Logged
Could our universe be a giant brain

( there's  some trouble with you tube perhaps - It was regarding the similarities in the pictures of galaxy superclusters and the nervous tissues -
I Couldnt get a bigger section of the nervous tissue so posting the  pics of a single neuron
The axons and dendrites could correspond to the filaments of the superclusters)

This is the histology slide of a neuron , an impulse transmitting cell

This is the picture of a supercluster of galaxies
See the resemblance between the two?

Edited by _Angie_ - 25 November 2012 at 11:10pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro-bharti-

-bharti-

IF-Rockerz

-bharti-

Posted: 29 November 2012 at 7:04am | IP Logged
Brilliant topic !  i missed so much

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 06 December 2012 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
God at peace , Om shanti, shanti, shanti  Approve

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 2:11am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 5:54am | IP Logged
What is this about God and mountains? LOL

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 7:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top