Debate Mansion

If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 142)

Post Reply New Post

Page 142 of 149

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Hey Angieee

animated_gif_halloween_290.gif

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_Angie_

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "If you believe in God, refute this! (Page 142)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Howdy Ninja boy ! You are just in time for the closing ceremony LOL

pumpkin orange clipart graphics

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

zorrro

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged

Edited by zorrro - 01 November 2012 at 10:48am

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 11:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Reason I brought up the subject of fields was to "resolve" electron indistinguishability.

And, as an afterthought, I wanted to emphasize the importance of fields from the point of view of disturbances happening in those fields; these disturbances are nothing but "virtual particles". Your statement about empty space creating matter / anti-matter of course deals with these very disturbances that I was talking about!

To understand "real particles" we need to understand why the vacuum state is unstable enough to produce these disturbances ("virtual particles"). These form the bridge between the "something" that is the physical universe and the "nothing" that is the vacuum (free space). To get to "nothing", the disturbances in fields have to be fleshed out.

K ....Tongue

@ Bold Blue: 
  Because..Vacuum has energy ...  As far as I understand that, the Virtual particles exist due to
Vacuum Energy's density that produces the short wavelength electromagnetic noise .. And the  Asymmetry is engendered when they exist in the event horizon of a black hole ( And absorbed there within Planck's time ) .

So I believe even the virtual particles creation is an implication of this underlying  energy ( It's density ) ..the source of which again remains unknown ...  ..So back to the square one ..Ouch

Vintu ..Stern Smile

Ps.
The Energy element is difficult to get rid of. Tongue

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by BirdieNumNum

Actually, it was upto Vintu to prove because he has been going on and on about energy creating us, but still let's analyse what I said.

Energy creating itself. How can something create itself? Creation means something coming into existence which did not exist before. Creation of energy means energy coming into existence and it did not exist before that. So, if it did not exist prior to its creation, how can it create itself? It cannot.

Creation was in the sense that theists use. Of course we possess energy and our body needs energy to be alive. But the matter of our body possess energy, it didn't create us.

Free ... LOL 

@ Bold:   I bet what I have been saying all along was not a  double entendre ...Each time you get back after exiling ( Away from DM )  for a few days, you interpret the same lines in a different way ..LOL ..and come up with a newer skit ..LOL 

All that I had said was ...We are the PART of the energy ...Not that the energy created us.. Every single electron in your body has associated energy ( The same energy)  ..Now does that sound wrong?

You were saying that the Brain is the creator of everything ..Vitality and consciousness...

Now to your analysis ..Energy can't be created or destroyed ...But the newer hypothesis suggests that the total energy in the universe is  ZERO ..Cause the positive energy in the matter is negated by the negative energy of the gravity ..But actual annihilation process is time consuming ..So we can assume that the energy doesn't exist ..We as a product of matter ...get to see the illusion of our existence before our delayed destruction...But all matter would be eventually negated ...ascertaining the Cyclic nature of the universe ...

Which again means that we are moving both forward and backward in time ( In wider scope of that word ) and there is no beginning or an end to anything ..

Vintu ...Tongue

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 01 November 2012 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
OK, it's imperative to parse these two sentences:

1. An electron has charge
2. A photon has energy

When you say has, is it inside the electron/photon or enveloping the electron/photon?

if inside the electron/photon, where exactly?

If enveloping the electron/photon, how much radius?

This is where we get into force fields and lines of force, FYI.

So, going back to the statement from previous posts, if space has energy, then what is the field of that?!

If space is all that there is, then the field can't extend outside of space now, can it? How is it possible then to "contain" that energy within?

Back to the drawing board, people!

Vintage.Wine

Goldie

Vintage.Wine

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 8:47am | IP Logged
Originally posted by K.Universe.

OK, it's imperative to parse these two sentences:

1. An electron has charge
2. A photon has energy

When you say has, is it inside the electron/photon or enveloping the electron/photon?

if inside the electron/photon, where exactly?

If enveloping the electron/photon, how much radius?

This is where we get into force fields and lines of force, FYI.

So, going back to the statement from previous posts, if space has energy, then what is the field of that?!

If space is all that there is, then the field can't extend outside of space now, can it? How is it possible then to "contain" that energy within?

Back to the drawing board, people!

K... Tongue 

@ Bold 1:  ....I think its the Property of those particles ...Hence it can't be inside or outside ..Its everywhere ...Like Consciousness in the property of a living being ...and its everywhere ..all locations ..

@ Bold 2:  Its the vacuum...thats expanding ...Although the energy of the density within would remain constant ..The cosmical constant that cause the galactic / stellar redshifts ...

And this vacuum field must be limited not Infinite..as derived from the cosmic constant ..the event horizon of the universe is 16  billion  light years away ..So the accelerating mass / galaxies would escape that and the massive redshift might change their wavelengths to undetectable levels ..

My point is ...  Vacuum has energy ...The Universe ( Observable ) has a horizon /a Virtual boundary ...So a state emptier than the vacuum ..which has ZERO density must exist beyond that ..And may be trillions of light years away from that another universe with vacuum with density might exist ...

Those galaxies that escape the current universe might exist in another universe after many trillion years .. Ouch

OR

If we ccnsider the flat / single infinite and open universe ...due to constantly decreasing mass of the vacuum, matter nuff to make more stars would exhaust ..The stars would emit all their energy and turn into black holes  as the protons would decay..Black holes  would
eventually disappear ...and what ll remain will be NEAR NOTHING ...LOL

Vintu ...Tongue

K.Universe.

Goldie

K.Universe.

Posted: 02 November 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
Vintu, I was enunciating from the point of view of field lines and how the so called properties influence the regions of space around them

An electron has charge; it's a point particle as we know with no spatial extent. Yet, the lines of force influence the region of space around it.

My question was more related to the energy space itself has. What is the region of influence for the spatial energy? I think it gets circular to define the region in terms of the same region which has energy.

As for the cosmological constant, I think you are on the right track there even though what you said wasn't completely clear to me.

In short, I am looking into what exactly it means when someone says "vacuum energy". And what does that in turn mean in at the quantum scale.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top