If you believe in God, refute this! - Page 119

Posted: 11 years ago
Originally posted by guglu-baby

Hey freethinker :)
congratulations- your thread has completed 149 pages :)
this topic has some excellent content..enjoyed reading every page.
Don't know if you got any satisfactory answers to your questions (i didn't!), but still!
I must thank k.universe, birdie, vintu, aya, rth and all other active participants...and you too- do start more such topics...wish u all the best.

Hey guglu, ðŸ˜Š

Thanks, but I think no pages would be enough, more years have been spent than we can post pages here. And no, no answer but maybe that's the point. Maybe the search is more fulfilling. It gets frustrating, but I am enjoying the journey. ðŸ˜Š

And yes, i hope it goes without saying, but I am indebted too to all those members. Knew many new things, read many new POVs. K, Birdie, vintu, Aya, RTH, BTV, Zorro, special comments by Prometeus. And if I forgot to name someone, know that you are not forgotten. 😉

And special thanks to silent readers too. Hope I made you think, hope I made you ponder. That was the whole point, extracting and repacking our beliefs, and testing the integrity of data.

So, thanks guys. This thread will be closed now, if I am not mistaken. Maybe I will open up a topic soon, maybe not. It's a Schrodinger's thread. ðŸ˜†

I am seriously beginning to think that a search confined to external journey would never lead  to a sense of fulfillment . Understanding things intellectually is never the same as true experiencing.  It can't be something one waits for another to prove. It's got to be an inner journey that takes one from self  to Self and then non- Self. The answers may not be found  but  perhaps the questions dissolve.  Enough clues have been left by those who have traversed these paths. Its upto  those interested to take the challenge to test it out.  Denying something without knowing or experiencing does not seem very scientific! Nothing short of an experiment  gives a conclusive yes ,  no or at times even a may be.

Whatever it be lets enjoy the journey.  There can be no wrong path as I don't think there can be anywhere else to go  : )  Some paths may be smooth and short, some winding, some fraught with frustrations , some exciting and some fulfilling . Perhaps we choose or perhaps it gets doled out! By who? If there is a common or a  single Source then that question is moot.

Its been an engrossing  thread and I must say I enjoyed reading every post in it. DM must have matured ! For a change everyone   has been so patient lately, no fireworks or bashing!

Originally posted by Freethinker112

This thread will be closed now, if I am not mistaken. Maybe I will open up a topic soon, maybe not. It's a Schrodinger's thread. ðŸ˜†
Schroedinger's thread appears alive to me right now ... so may be one 'last post'...😆

Originally posted by K.Universe.

I will stick to what I said in one my earlier posts in this thread. I am beginning to think that it is not a "true or false" world, It is a "true and false" world. I haven't worked out this theory yet. Just a hunch based on quantum superposition.

Analogous to  Schrodinger's  cat being simultaneously   dead and alive , the photon exists in a wave and particle form simultaneously the observer  quashes the superposition possibilities to an "observed" single outcome, the unobserved remains both, simultaneously.

Sensory comprehension is handicapped by  the  'either-or' paradigm and can cognise only a polarised ,committed ,tangible alternative. 

Sensory perception, is processing and assimilating gigabytes of tangible, unequivocal polarity -- either one of  the duality, wave or particle,  day or night, true or false,  dead or alive and so on. The perceptive faculties cannot perceive  a simultaneous concurrent duality that is inclusive rather than exclusive, based on 'and '. 

Dead and alive at the same time, is inconceivable,  an impossible oxymoron that paralyses the intellect into a shutdown. The sharp edge of reason coupled with a perceptive bias cleaves this integrative intangible 'superposition '  into  fragmented tangibility. It is  an irony, where the part makes more sense than the whole. A jigsaw puzzle, that becomes incomprehensible when complete. 

The wave -particle conflict  reflects a limitation of perception.  The brain is programmed to interpret unity  as a partial 'virtual ' diversity. Much the same as a drop of water splits light into a spectral  delusion,  the brain permits only an "either or" program to serve as the operating system,  a binary code that can have only one of two values at any given point of time. Assigning  both values simultaneously corrupts the software and hangs the system. Duality is a perceptive warp,  that coerces the senses into a distortion of the fundamental  nonduality. 

Non duality  represents a 'paradigm shift' from this reductionist 'either or' syntax to a holistic  'and' awareness . Nonduality alludes to an undifferentiated whole, that is not exclusive, but  inclusive. A quantum superposition state, that reveals all quantum states as  an unqualified oneness. An awareness that transcends  'attribute and form' , sagun saakaar, the progenitors of the subject-object dichotomy to an exalted 'nirgun niraakaar' state. An awareness that becomes aware of this duality-based sensory deception.

Rephrasing  the immortal words of Tagore:

"Where the awareness is without illusion and the head is held high
Where knowledge is free
Where reality has not been broken up into fragments'"

This is  aptly described by philosopher saint Tukaram as 'saandili triputi' or ending the trilogy of  the observer, observed and observation. A grand unified theory of sorts, that makes all  answers redundant ,by unifying the questions ,the seeker and the questioning.

Until that quantum 'leap of consciousness' occurs, our perception will remain mired in the 'either or' domain. The 'wave -particle ' conflict will continue to haunt us till  a 'wave' of realisation sweeps over  our  'particulate '  perceptive distortion.

Edited by _Angie_ - 11 years ago
^^

Thank you Angie for "confirming" my suspicion that we do live in a "super-positioned" universe. That is some food for thought that I need to chew on for a while.

By the way, this is not the first time that I thought I had something "original" stirring in my brain only to find out that it has already been explored. Even the first time I questioned myself "Who Am I?" I could have sworn I never came across anybody else (real or online), before that, who had the same question plaguing them. Inception?!

A "super-positioned" universe explains a lot (good/evil, life/death, motion/stillness etc). Like I said, this is the angle I should have pursued from "day 1". Well, never too late to start thinking.

Thank you one and all for a nice debate. I don't want to name names, for fear of leaving out any.

Pranam!
Hi freethinker, I'm closing this thread as it has reached 150 pages.
Please open another thread and continue there.