Rules & Announcements

New Changes to fight problem makers (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 24

chocobear

IF-Rockerz

chocobear

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Thank you so much for the changes. They were much needed. I hope something is done to prevent the Newbies to post Pics in the threads or anywhere. They should not be allowed to post pics anywhere be it the forums or their Siggy/avi box. Let them become a Groupie and after that they can post. 

And also do something to track the Proxy IP addresses. 

And the SEARCH button should be completely discarded away.

But over all this rule is quite good.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vijaybambogliDexterkilaila

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Changes to fight problem makers (Page 6)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

namylovkriyansh

IF-Dazzler

namylovkriyansh

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:33am | IP Logged
awsum sir
the feature that you will be adding to option of nt receving pM...is the best one..i seriously need that...:)

-Rhythmic.Me-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Rhythmic.Me-

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:36am | IP Logged
Thanks for the changes !!

Hope the unnecessary spamming by the newbies will get reduced to a great extent !!

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:49am | IP Logged
It's good to see something being done about this. Smile

Originally posted by vijay

Newbies cannot send Images/Hyperlinks in PMs untill they are in the Groupbie stage. (Done)

They should not be able to post images/videos/hyperlinks even in the forums either. That's a big problem with MIDs/stalkers. Remember that the stalking that led to our suggesting these changes involved a member's private pic being put up in the public forum. Mods aren't always around since they have their lives and the creeps take advantage of this. So the best thing is to take away newbies' ability to post images/videos/hyperlinks be it in the forums (threads) or in PMs. Or scraps.

Not only that but newbies shouldn't have avatar/signature capabilities because they can easily put up someone's private pic there.

For avatars I-F has a choice of standard avatars that we can select from a list. You can allow that for newbies but they shouldn't be able to have a custom avatar.

For signatures, no pics or hyperlinks but text should be ok.

Newbies cannot make more then 4 New topics per day. We came to this after looking at the data available where how many new Topics created by a new Genuine member and a Spammer. On an average a new member makes less then 2 New topics where as a Spammer makes 10+.

Even one topic is more than enough for harassment. Again think of the recent incidents where someone's pic was put up and mocked in public. Newbies shouldn't be able to create new threads at all.

We will be adding a feature where Members can choose not to recieve PMs from person who are not in their Buddy List. (Coming Soon)

This is good but I also suggest that newbies shouldn't be able to PM anyone except staff and people on their Buddy List. Not everyone on the site will set their PM settings to Buddies only. A lot of people will leave their settings open and the creeps will take advantage of it. Better to simply restrict newbies from sending PMs to random people in the first place.

For the genuine newbies they can post on the forums and ask the people they are interacting with to add them to their Buddy List. It shouldn't be a problem.

If you all of the above then these freaks will be helpless: no matter how many MIDs they create, they wouldn't be able send the PMs, create new threads or post disturbing/private pics anywhere.

Members can report PMs just like they can report Forum Posts so that our inhouse team can go through it and take action on the same if its not following our site Code Of Conduct. (Coming Soon)

What about scraps? We should be able to report them too and you should be able to track them as well.

Also, we should have the ability to hide our post history. Please try to implement that feature as well.

One suggestion: I believe it takes only 50 posts for a newbie to become a groupbie. Maybe you could raise the threshold. Or implement a time-limit: in order for someone to get past all these restrictions, they must make a minimum number of posts AND a minimum amount of time must have passed since they joined I-F (one month? 1.5 months? you decide).

I also suggested moderated posting earlier. Please consider that as well. Smile

Edited by Kal El - 04 August 2012 at 7:17am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-chocobearDexterkilaila.DontKnow.

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Kal El

Newbies cannot make more then 4 New topics per day. We came to this after looking at the data available where how many new Topics created by a new Genuine member and a Spammer. On an average a new member makes less then 2 New topics where as a Spammer makes 10+.

Even one topic is more than enough for harassment. Again think of the recent incidents where someone's pic was put up and mocked in public. Newbies shouldn't be able to create new threads at all.

Please allow newbies to create topics. 4 or less than four is ok but please do not make it none. Because in one forum at least I know a newbie gives written update on two days. Otherwise I have not seen that member post anywhere else. So if no topic rule is applicable for newbie then it will be difficult for that member to give the update. So for genuine members, at least there must be some leeway.

Kal El

IF-Rockerz

Kal El

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Originally posted by Kal El

Please allow newbies to create topics. 4 or less than four is ok but please do not make it none. Because in one forum at least I know a newbie gives written update on two days. Otherwise I have not seen that member post anywhere else. So if no topic rule is applicable for newbie then it will be difficult for that member to give the update. So for genuine members, at least there must be some leeway.

No, you need to be strict on this. If there is a genuine case of a newbie giving updates then I-F staff can make an exception for him/her. A newbie can request - either directly or via forum mods - to make an exception for them in that particular forum so that they are able to post updates or whatever. The GM/admin can review their case (talk to the forum mods, etc) and decide whether that would be ok or not.

I don't know if you are aware but given the really ugly things that have happened I-F needs to be really strict on this matter.

Edited by Kal El - 04 August 2012 at 7:30am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

chocobearDexterkilaila

mysticgoryfilms

IF-Sizzlerz

mysticgoryfilms

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Thanks a lot Vijay for this! About time you did something.

I guess this is good enough for now but there are always other things you can do to keep the members of this site safe, but this is a start at least.

Hopefully, now no one will face what my two friends have gone through due to these changes.

Thanks once again.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Dexterkilaila

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Just a request though that DT should be allowed to send PMs to members even though they are not in their buddy list as everyone cannot be in their frds list. Thank you. Smile

Sweta,
I do believe The Dev Team doesnt count here and are exceptional.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

vijay-Swetha-mnx12Autumn..DontKnow.bambogli

Post Reply New Post

Go to top