Rules & Announcements

New Changes to fight problem makers (Page 23)

Post Reply New Post

Page 23 of 24

Dexterkilaila

IF-Sizzlerz

Dexterkilaila

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 3:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Divya.

Vijay Bhaiyya.. I have another suggestion... Id's that are not active for more than 2 months, should be either de-activated or deleted... 

Yep. Great Idea. Also, people who take self bans should have the option to deactivate/reactivate their accounts. Like Facebook or twitter. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-Sars.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Changes to fight problem makers (Page 23)" in Rules & Announcements forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 9:06pm | IP Logged

Vijay Bhaiyya.. I have another suggestion... Id's that are not active for more than 2 months, should be either de-activated or deleted... 

Dont think that will be feasible. Active as in log in or posting? Because many members do log in and read but do not post. Also sometimes some work can make a member inactive but he or she may come back after a year or so. Plus 2 months is really less a month.

I feel those who have zero posts for say 2 years or so can be deleted.

-Swetha-Sars.

Autumn.

IF-Veteran Member

Autumn.

Posted: 13 August 2012 at 9:08pm | IP Logged
For self ban the rules should be restrict. People self ban themselves for whimsical reasons, well at least some and immediately come back with a new id. So why ban yourself in the first place? Some take self ban cos they have higher wl so that they can come with a new id fresh. In such cases the old wl should be transfer to the new id. Basically rules should be restrict on self ban.

I mean self ban is like you dont want to come ever but that does not happen. So a person can not log in at all when not needed and when he or she feels good then log in and be active on the forum.

Edited by sweta01 - 13 August 2012 at 9:09pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Aahaana-Swetha-Sars.Dexterkilaila

MyInspirationz

IF-Sizzlerz

MyInspirationz

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 2:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweta01

Dont think that will be feasible. Active as in log in or posting? Because many members do log in and read but do not post. Also sometimes some work can make a member inactive but he or she may come back after a year or so. Plus 2 months is really less a month.

I feel those who have zero posts for say 2 years or so can be deleted.

I meant to say, like we have twitter/FB accounts, where we can disable or deactivate the account for a temporary period or permanently.. 

And log in I meant only Log in.. even if there is no posting, they have logged in atleast once a day or once a week.. and if they don't login for more than 2 months, an email can be sent out to them saying you haven't logged in for ------------ months.. and hence your account is deactivated.. To activate your account, please do the needful ..*I m sure the DT will come up with some steps, so that the account can be activated again*

Edited by .Divya. - 14 August 2012 at 2:32pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Swetha-

Ephemera

IF-Sizzlerz

Ephemera

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
i think apart from activation and deactivation of an account ...there should be some kinda minimum  requirements to PM somebody..like should be a senior member or something!!

MrMrsChiping.

IF-Sizzlerz

MrMrsChiping.

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
still the prob is sam for us we are not able to send pms...!

.Mandy.

Channel Moderator

.Mandy.

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 4:52pm | IP Logged
There've been complaints from members who are groupbies, they are frustrated that their posts are limited to 20 posts per day. Is there anything that can be done about this? I can understand the rule being in place for newbies but groupbies??

-Swetha-Sars.

Don_theEvil

IF-Stunnerz

Don_theEvil

Posted: 23 August 2012 at 12:54am | IP Logged
In order to protect our forums from Spammers we DO NOT allow more then 40 posts from a single IP within 24 hours time period. We appreciate your understanding and co-operating with us in maintaining India-Forums and keeping it a safe and friendly community of like minded people. If you feel this is in error please report it to us through the contact us page.

i get this message continue on my id anshbalikvadhu.. i take permission from mods for this id.. because this id is for ansh at... but for ip reason this error continue irritated. when even i cant post single comment of if.. regarding rules of at or new declaration. where my other friend khushi can posted from this account but  mai nahi kar sakti.. why?

-Swetha-FindingShak

Post Reply New Post

Go to top