Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
thanx a lot vijay...
the reporting feature on pms is a welcome move...
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Wonderful new rules!👏 I cannot wait until they are implemented, because the harassing on IF has increased since I joined and this site should be a relaxing place for all.
chocobear thumbnail
Thank you so much for the changes. They were much needed. I hope something is done to prevent the Newbies to post Pics in the threads or anywhere. They should not be allowed to post pics anywhere be it the forums or their Siggy/avi box. Let them become a Groupie and after that they can post. 

And also do something to track the Proxy IP addresses. 

And the SEARCH button should be completely discarded away.

But over all this rule is quite good.
namylovkriyansh thumbnail
awsum sir
the feature that you will be adding to option of nt receving pM...is the best one..i seriously need that...:)

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for the changes !!

Hope the unnecessary spamming by the newbies will get reduced to a great extent !!
Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
It's good to see something being done about this. 😊

Originally posted by: vijay

Newbies cannot send Images/Hyperlinks in PMs untill they are in the Groupbie stage. (Done)[/quote]

They should not be able to post images/videos/hyperlinks even in the forums either. That's a big problem with MIDs/stalkers. Remember that the stalking that led to our suggesting these changes involved a member's private pic being put up in the public forum. Mods aren't always around since they have their lives and the creeps take advantage of this. So the best thing is to take away newbies' ability to post images/videos/hyperlinks be it in the forums (threads) or in PMs. Or scraps.

Not only that but newbies shouldn't have avatar/signature capabilities because they can easily put up someone's private pic there.

For avatars I-F has a choice of standard avatars that we can select from a list. You can allow that for newbies but they shouldn't be able to have a custom avatar.

For signatures, no pics or hyperlinks but text should be ok.

Autumnn thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: Kal El

Please allow newbies to create topics. 4 or less than four is ok but please do not make it none. Because in one forum at least I know a newbie gives written update on two days. Otherwise I have not seen that member post anywhere else. So if no topic rule is applicable for newbie then it will be difficult for that member to give the update. So for genuine members, at least there must be some leeway.

Kal El thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sweta01

No, you need to be strict on this. If there is a genuine case of a newbie giving updates then I-F staff can make an exception for him/her. A newbie can request - either directly or via forum mods - to make an exception for them in that particular forum so that they are able to post updates or whatever. The GM/admin can review their case (talk to the forum mods, etc) and decide whether that would be ok or not.

I don't know if you are aware but given the really ugly things that have happened I-F needs to be really strict on this matter.

Edited by Kal El - 11 years ago

mysticgoryfilms thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Thanks a lot Vijay for this! About time you did something.

I guess this is good enough for now but there are always other things you can do to keep the members of this site safe, but this is a start at least.

Hopefully, now no one will face what my two friends have gone through due to these changes.

Thanks once again.
Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: sweta01

Just a request though that DT should be allowed to send PMs to members even though they are not in their buddy list as everyone cannot be in their frds list. Thank you. 😊

Sweta,
I do believe The Dev Team doesnt count here and are exceptional.