Actress Narayani Shastri interview :TOI

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 1:33am | IP Logged

'I'm happy with my man. Why do we need the tag of marriage?'

Actress Narayani Shastri minces no words as she talks about love, life and playing mother to a grown-up girl in a show, with Roshni K Olivera

You have gained a lot of weight...
Actually after my last serial Namak Haram, I wasn't working. I didn't want to do a less meaty role because it would be walking backwards. When I'm not working, it's vacation time for me and so I was eating, drinking and making merry. I had just come back from a holiday when I got this role in Phir Subah Hogi which I really liked. If I had to play a hot model in it, I would've hit the gym and lost all the extra kilos. But since I play a mother, I felt the weight went well with my character. I didn't want to look the same age as my onscreen daughter. There was no insecurity there. I believe that if you are playing a mother you should like one. Yes, at the moment I have lost weight, and that's because our characters are wellestablished today.
After this show, you might get offered only mother's roles...
I don't think so. You typecast yourself by choosing similar roles. After this, choosing a mother's role would be the easiest thing for me to do. But I will not take up something unless it's a role that I really want to do. I'd rather not work in that case. TV stars bag one good role and then can be without work for a year or two...
I have always been offered work, but I genuinely didn't want to do a saas-bahu serial. I'd done shows focussing on kitchen politics and wanted to do something different. Otherwise I'd be working only for the money.
But isn't money important?
It is. That's why I made my money and now I'm spending it!
What's happening on the personal front?
I'm seeing someone and I'm very happy.
You've always been open about your personal life... so tell us about your boyfriend. Since when have you been dating him?
His name is Tony. He is from London, but in India for the past five years. He has an ad agency.
Any marriage plans?
I've never thought of marriage. I've never felt the need to. My family doesn't put any pressure on me for it. Anyway, half the time Tony is at my place or I'm at his place. So, why do we need the tag of marriage?
So you are firm about not wanting to get married or is that you don't want to get into a commitment of that sort?
I am very committed. In fact 100 per cent committed, but I don't want to change the way things are. About marriage, as of now this is how I think. I don't know about tomorrow because I am an impulsive person and might suddenly say 'lets get married and have a party'!
What about your ex Gaurav Chopra? Even today your name is constantly dragged in between him and his girlfriend Mouni Roy?
It's been a long time. That's not the case anymore.
But Gaurav and you are still in touch?
Absolutely! He is my best friend.
Can exes be best friends?
Why not? All my girlfriends would often tell me your current boyfriend might not like your association with your ex. But that's not the case at all. Gaurav and Tony get along like a house on fire.
Coming back to work, you tried your luck in films recently...
I did the movie for my very dear friend. In fact they had the dates of actors while the girl was still not finalised. That's how I stepped in.
But would you still like to pursue films?
I genuinely don't think movies are better than TV or vice-versa. I just love experimenting with different kinds of roles.

Narayani Shastri

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Sandy66ForeverSHINeeShell16KhatamKahani

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Actress Narayani Shastri interview :TOI" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Thanks.  She seems like a very interesting person.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhov

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.