Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Isme raaz kya hai?!

And how exactly did she enhance her career? What career?🤔
*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nkapoor3

^well here he speaks about amisha quite fondly :)

I knew there was something fishy about the earlier article. Vikram and Ameesha had an amicable breakup, and continued to be friends even then. They are probably the only couple in Bollywood whose breakup was handled maturely.
shalini1323 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
"Vikram says, "Both Ameesha and I saw bad times together. But when the good times came unfortunately we were not together. I was having my string of flops and she was also struggling. And as luck would have it we broke off just before 1920. Thereafter all the hits like SHAAPIT, HAUNTED, et al came back-to-back."

Shaapit was hit ? 😕  HAUNTED did well i believe - which other movies were successful ?

"But, luckily I was able to re-invent myself because I am a director, who doesn't have a shelf life. But that is not the case with an actress as beauty has a shelf life. And that is unfortunate part for any actor," he adds."

VERY VERY dissapointed that a director like Vikram Bhatt says this. Someone who believes in writing author-backed roles for female actors. Really... does being an actress only equate to how long her beauty lasts? 🤢

Amisha Patel was never a terrific actress. The only films she acted ok were - KNPH, Gadar & Humraaz. And her choice of films were even more bizarre. Nothing to do with beauty, Vikram... because I still think Amisha is beautiful. It's not her age or beauty - she JUST wasn't good enough an actress compared to her competition like Kareena, Priyanka, Lara... Rani, Ash & Preity were also regning at that time.

Edited by shalini1323 - 11 years ago
*Aryan* thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: shalini1323

"Vikram says, "Both Ameesha and I saw bad times together. But when the good times came unfortunately we were not together. I was having my string of flops and she was also struggling. And as luck would have it we broke off just before 1920. Thereafter all the hits like SHAAPIT, HAUNTED, et al came back-to-back."

Shaapit was hit ? 😕  HAUNTED did well i believe - which other movies were successful ?

"But, luckily I was able to re-invent myself because I am a director, who doesn't have a shelf life. But that is not the case with an actress as beauty has a shelf life. And that is unfortunate part for any actor," he adds."

VERY VERY dissapointed that a director like Vikram Bhatt says this. Someone who believes in writing author-backed roles for female actors. Really... does being an actress only equate to how long her beauty lasts? 🤢

Amisha Patel was never a terrific actress. The only films she acted ok were - KNPH, Gadar & Humraaz. And her choice of films were even more bizarre. Nothing to do with beauty, Vikram... because I still think Amisha is beautiful. It's not her age or beauty - she JUST wasn't good enough an actress compared to her competition like Kareena, Priyanka, Lara... Rani, Ash & Preity were also regning at that time.

1920 and Shaapit were average earners at the box office, so they're considered successes.

I don't think he said anything wrong. He's just stating the truth! We all know once an actress hits the wrong side of 30 there is hardly any place for her in the industry. Ameesha might have not been the best actress, but if you're talking acting skills then most of the top actresses today lack it.

She is certainly still beautiful, probably more than ever, but she can't play a school girl nor a college student anymore; nowadays most films are youth-oriented. Urmila is also one of the best actresses, but no one is offering her good roles these days and we all know why is that. She is nearly 40 and out of work even though she looks good for her age.