Pooja's Makeover

anjali.nair thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
Another television star is all set to join the makeover mania — Shama Sikander, Pooja from Sony's Ye Meri Life Hai, will be given a dreamy new look by Ritu Kumar.

The serial, which deals with the aspirations and dreams of a middle class Gujarati girl, will see her married off to an affluent family and that will lead to the makeover.

Says Kumar, "It all happened by accident. Shama was at Fashion Week and I saw her in a handloom crinkled top and skirt. She looked absolutely stunning and completely different from her character in the show. We got talking and things eventually came to this."

Kumar incidentally has also designed Sikander's on-screen reception outfit and will be involved with her styling for the rest of the year.

"I wanted to put her in something that is traditional yet contemporary. Our prt line — Label — caters to that audience, and that is the kind of look I want to give Shama. I don't want to typecast her in a TV role," she says.

Will Kumar will be taking on more television projects now? "Let me do this for right now. I'm also doing my son's film, and between that and this, I have my hands completely full," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

|iami5o4| thumbnail
wow THANKS A BUNCH! 👍🏼

Thank god Pooja (ugh lucky _ _ _ _ _ ^___^) gets to have Ritu Kumar to do her over. GOod thing too because eww... just look at the pic of Pooja at the top of the article.... its an atrocity! Good thing the Fashion Police arrested her. She deserved it! Mhu haahha .... or something. O.o

Anywho, thanks again and yea. 😃
annie_123 thumbnail
pooja absolutely deserves it😊
SPECIAL thumbnail

she looked right frumpy before!!

mandy also looks great with the makeover!😊

OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

😊Thanx for