Phir Subah Hogi

Stupid panti INDEED

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 8:40am | IP Logged
I was just thinking yesterday, trying hard to be positive, that at least the new Adi doesn't say PANTI more.  At least the CVs are paying attention to some of the feedback from the audience and recognize how...um err...stupid that really was.  But no such luck as there it was in last night's episode.  <shaking my head>

I am finding it so hard to connect to this show.  The new actor's acting is marginally better than the last one but I think, like most of us, I was starting to get used to the old Adi.  You know I was trying really hard to be optimistic and not be negative.  But I can't help myself.  Acting wise Nandish is better but I don't like him as Adi.  As I watch his scenes I can't focus on anything except that I don't like his accent, the way he speaks, his voice, tone.  Nothing against the actor as he has great fan following from his other shows but the fact is it is hard to follow anyone, there is always comparison and the new guy always falls short.  And I will be the first one to admit that I complained about Anuj's acting and his freeness with taking off his shirt but he was growing on me like a bad habit...like an addiction to say chocolate.  Back to new Adi..I don't like that he is too gora (There is something very attractive about a man who is tall, DARK and handsome...darker the better...like chocolate...sorry I digress) he is too soft spoken...the list goes one.

Moving on.  The story seems to have taken a complete 360 turn that it is unrecognizable from a few weeks ago.  It makes sense now as a result of Laila's thread that the writing team is changed.  I don't want to bring up which jodi I like and support as it really should be all about the story.   And the story promised us that it was about  the plight of bednis where is that?  what happened to all the financial problems the family was having?  Now Gulabia seems to have lots of money to take taxis where ever she was to go. 

This show is losing it;s charm as the CVs don't seem to know what the show is all about. It is about romance or fairy tale?  Is it about a thakur saving a bedni?  Is it about obsession of an older man for a younger woman?  It is about betrayal?  Is it about a mother's love saving her child at any cost? Or is it about a young bedni breaking the shackles of traditions, expectations of classe/caste and living her dreams and perhaps doing this on her own instead of waiting a raj kumar to save her?

They better figure it out very quickly because at the rate they are going there won't be too many of us fans left! 

Ok rant over.  See you around the forum not necessarily here! 

Edited by Shell16 - 03 August 2012 at 8:51am

The following 16 member(s) liked the above post:

p3cubedsunramcupdPutijaChalhovHoneySucklecroziaxxJulieDForeverSHINeesuresh555Vinnie79stephhh-Azy--Nakshatra-radev24KhatamKahanipyar-ishk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Stupid panti INDEED" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pyar-ishk

IF-Stunnerz

pyar-ishk

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
I completely agree with Shell

The casting for such an important role as Adi was handle poorly from the beginning. If had taken there time and cast a more capable actor we wouldn't have had this issue. Plus the unprofessional abrupt way Anuj left the show was very bad, gosh at the climax of a track. Nandish voice am used and he's a better actor no doubt but his chemistry with the cast is lacking. Thats the thing again the actor was on contract with Zee and the role needed to be filled quickly the sign him up without auditioning other actors.

Gulabiya who ran every where is now riding in taxi is another nonsense. I just said the same the the story is what is important and PSH is failing to deliver that to the audience. Which I find to be such a shame cause the show is no where near six months and is falling apart already.

CV really need to get there act together and start running a tight ship again cause this isn't working. I hate that I ever heard of Reva Manzil track

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

widdyPutijaChalhovJulieD-Nakshatra-Shell16KhatamKahaniradev24

cupd

cupd

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 9:28am | IP Logged
Agree

stephhh

IF-Rockerz

stephhh

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
nice to read ur topic after a long time and I agree with ur views. They had problems casting for adi role right from beginning and it wont b surprising if they change nandish too in future. I dont like nandish voice at all. He has girly type of look...too fair to handle.

I still support sugvi...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

drtulikaJulieD

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 5:00am | IP Logged
@Rani

RE: Anuj's departure...I thought he gave notice and allowed them to find the perfect Adi and they hand picked Nandish.  If he just abruptly left then you are so right Anuj was very unprofessional.   I totally get that Nandish hasn't had a lot of time to develop any chemistry with the other cast mates especially Gulki and the actress playing Amrita. I gave him a chance but it is painful to watch. I can't even make myself watch last night's episode.  I have it taped and waiting for me but I just can't ... maybe it is because this is the beginning of the end.

Re: his contract with Zee - didn't know that and it kind of makes sense and can understand Zee's majburi if Anuj just left.  It would have been better if they had spent the time to cast better and found someone who makes the screen sizzle with Gulki the way Varun does. 

<sigh> maybe comparing with Varun would be unfair to anyone.

<bigger sigh>

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINee

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 5:14am | IP Logged
@sara

Thanks!  It is just that the show no longer inspires me to write about it. 

Lol!  I don't know what it is about his voice, accent and manner of speaking.  There is something kind of different.  Almost like he doesn't breathe while speaking and closes his throat and his voice only comes out of mouth.  It is not very deep!  Anyway he can't do much about it ... his voice is how it is!  It is a matter of people getting used to it. 

It is not just him.  If the story was better we wouldn't care or focus so much on these small nuances! 

Edited by Shell16 - 04 August 2012 at 5:16am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ForeverSHINeestephhh

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.