Sid interview(eng translation)

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 11 years ago
http://www.dailynewsnetwork.in/news/fmdoordarshan/20052012/FM-Doordarshan/63086.html

English translation(Not the Google one๐Ÿ˜†)

Q. Say something about your acting career so far.

A My native place is UP but have been born and brought up in Mumbai. Acting was not on my mind as I belonged to a family of bankers. But I didn't like the 9-5 job as I wanted to be a successful man and enjoy a good life at the peace of my home. After Bcom I did a course in interior designing. I loved grooming myself up in front of the mirror when one day my mom told me that you can only do this sitting at home. You should go out and prove yourself. It was then that I took part in the gladrags contest. Then I won the Best model title in turkey which brought in fame.After that I began auditioning for shows and my first show was babul ka aangan on sony. Then I did jaane pehchaane and love you zindagi. Being a sports freak, I injured my knee while playing football and was bed ridden for almost six months. The pain has not yet subsided fully but I have begun to work again. As Shivraj it's my first show that has already been running for so long else I was always a part of shows since the first epi.

Q. How did you feel when you got the offer for Balika Vadhu?

A He says It was like "Bin maange moti mile maange mile na bheek" means getting BV was like I got a precious stone that I didn't even pray for. Getting such an important role in a popular show like BV was itself so big. And even my first scene was very unique. I had to work really hard for that and even got injured.

Q. You chose this role just bcoz BV is a successful show?

A. No there were other reasons too. I loved the character.BV is a very popular show which always comes up with strong characters. And it was my luck that I got to play the role of Anandi's love intrest/husband. And at this stage of the show, when its so successful I will try to do full justice to my role as all eyes will be on anandi's new husband.

Q.Say something abt ur character.

Shiv is the new collector of jetsar.He is honest and hardworking for whom his work is his first priority.He cant handle any delay or mistake in his work. He is kind hearted, helpful and ppl love him instantly. He has an attitude of his own. He is full of self-confidence and is an all-rounder. As for the future growth of character its difficult to say something now.

Q. What are your expectations from this role.

A.I have a lot of expectations. This show has an exceptional star cast and very unique characters. Their acting is so good that it touches ppl's heart.

Q.How do you feel after joining the BV team?
A. Joining a successful show came with a huge responsibility. The responsibility of establishing the character, trying to portray the character so that the viewers can connect with it and trying to bring in more viewership, understanding the character on personal level all are huge responsibilities. On one hand I am happy to get a show like BV but on the other I know that it's a very big challenge for me. I hope that ppl will like my work. And I will try to take the show on new levels of success with my hardwork.

Q.But you just said that you wished for a comfortable life full of rest.
A.yeaa I thought that acting is a career where you can live a comfortable life but now I know how much hardwork you have to put in.So I changed myself accordingly.And now I want to work and work hard.

Q.What are your future plans?
I don't believe in making plans. I believe in doing my work

Q. How far do you think you have come in your acting career?
A.I am still on my way. Have not reached anywhere as of now.

Edited by Malika - 11 years ago
Thank you for the transalation
thanks a lot Malika for this!! ๐Ÿค—
Thanx a lot for the article dear. He is sweet...Like him a lot as Shiv in BV.