India-Forums

Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

your advice to Jessica

peaches Goldie
peaches
peaches

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:35am | IP Logged

Your honest opinion.............keeping in mind Jassi's past, present, and future.

After all is said and done, Jessica has to ask you for your opinion and the reason behind your response. 

She says to you...I've always been the same Jassi, and will always remain that way from the inside.  I'm just not sure what look to keep.  In the past, it didn't matter to me that I had no my glasses and braces.  My friends and family loved me and accepted me for who I am.  The harsh reality is that those same braces and glasses made me look so venerable and week.  So much so that I was made fun or and picked on and sometimes taken advantage of.  My present is such that I'm now recognized, and people don't make fun of me, infact I'm beautiful. 

I know that what matters most to me are my family and Armaan and they would never make fun of me.  So I choose to go back to the way I looked before, they won't have a problem.  Realistically speaking in the society that we live in beauty is all around, what if 10 years from now Armaan gets attracted by another woman? The fact is that just because a man loves his wife, doesn't mean he wont cheat on me with a prettier woman.  I have to live and work in this world too, and sometimes it hurts a lot to hear them speak of me that way. 

But having said all that, would I be wrong if I decided to keep the makeover and never go back to wearing my glasses and braces?

What should I do now?  Please pick a response.

Jessica should....

1. Keep her new looks

Or

2. Go back to the braces, glasses, same hair style, and clothes

There is not in between.

Thanks

tina59 IF-Rockerz
tina59
tina59

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:43am | IP Logged
keep her new looks but always remeber what u were and how u were
sumeet_here Senior Member
sumeet_here
sumeet_here

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:04pm | IP Logged
get back 2 bracez!!!n bee her sweet self!!!!!!!!!!Smile
Jyoti_2006 IF-Dazzler
Jyoti_2006
Jyoti_2006

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:07pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by tina59

keep her new looks but always remeber what u were and how u were

Ditto..

bluelotus Goldie
bluelotus
bluelotus

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
Jassi can keep her new looks. Nothing wrong with it. But she shouldn't behave like the earlier Jassica. Now a days..she resembles Jassi so much.
mahn786ch Senior Member
mahn786ch
mahn786ch

Maheen,you will live on in our hearts

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 12:42pm | IP Logged

Jassi should keep her new looks because changing from outside doesn't mean change from inside as well.

IF she can deal with her new looks without changing her own self from within or you can say without destroying the inner beauty then she should keep her new looks. If she can't handle then go back to the old appearance.

krangara IF-Rockerz
krangara
krangara

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:01pm | IP Logged
Hello Jessica/Jassi

First off, QUIT whining that the world took advantage of you.  You too weren't the ideal, sincere, naive woman!!!!  You made many mistakes, you have many flaws - makeover or not.  Recognize those flaws first and then complain about others.  It's always easy to point fingers at the world....point fingers at yourself first!

Secondly, you are so hyped in the world of fashion today ONLY because of one name - PURAB!  Without his selfless help, your success would be impossible....he created special parties in your name, sacked established models for you, shifted his base to Mumbai - all for you!! He has helped you change physically....so, please don't give credit to only yourselfff!!!!

Moreover, if you think that by being beautiful, your problems are solved, then you couldn't be more wrong.  Everyone has friends and enemies....but you were so greedy you wanted everyone to love you..... You had a wonderful family, a best friend, respect in the world of fashion, so many friends at work - yet, you were unhappy and stuck up!  Just so YOU would be happy, you decided to remain in Thailand for months while your family was facing the brunt of YOUR actionsss....

I want the Jassi who got a job at GM the first time....I want her selflessness, her amicability, her hard-work, her sincerity - I don't care whether you are beautiful physically or not!!!!!  I have seen millions of selfish, opportunistic characters....I want the old Jassi's attitude back, which made her so unique!!!

That said, if you DO want me to pick one look - I would go for your pre-makeover look!!!! 

Who said that husbands don't cheat on beautiful wives? Lolzzz......having a makeover isn't gonna ensure your husband's loyalty!!!   A good hubby will not cheat on you regardless of whether you are fat, thin, ugly, or a model!!!  So, do not sugercoat your ambitions by again placing the blame on Armaan or someone else....YOU do not want to change your look because YOU love your new look, YOU want people to compliment you, not cuz ARMAAN will like you more!!!  Jessica, be more honest to yourself, k? :D

You forget that Purab, Nandini, your friends, even Armaan respected you before your makeover....those who don't respect you  just cuz you are ugly are not worth your time....if you were hated by Mallka/Aryan/Raj, you were loved by Nandita/Purab/Armaan/your family and friends....that brings back my original question - WHY then did you WHINE so much?

I don't think putting back on your braces  or spectacles is gonna fetch you less respect....hence, I still vote for the pre-makeover look!

Edited by krangara - 03 May 2005 at 1:06pm
queenbee Goldie
queenbee
queenbee

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
Ahhh.. so Jessica is asking me this, not Jassi? In that case, am I allowed to fake my response the way she's faking her identity?....Tongue

And why is Jessica asking me this anyway? When will that girl learn to make up her own mind? Angry***grrrrr***

Just kidding, Peaches!Big smile

Forgive me, but I find Jassi's dichotomy stupefying. Here is a girl who outgrew her braces 10 years ago, and she is contemplating putting them back on?Shocked Here is a girl who has been introduced to the wondrous world of contact lenses, and she is contemplating hiding her eyes behind those monstrous glasses again? Here is a girl who has realized the magic of cosmetic artistry, and she is contemplating scrubbing her face with Nirma every morning? Is she also considering chopping out a fringe? Shudder!!Ouch

I'd like to ask her - who is she really afraid of? Who doesn't she trust to accept her new look? Her family, Armaan or herself? All three, I believe!ConfusedConfusedConfused

Dear Jassi, you said, "The harsh reality is that those same braces and glasses made me look so venerable and week.  So much so that I was made fun or and picked on and sometimes taken advantage of.  My present is such that I'm now recognized, and people don't make fun of me, infact I'm beautiful." The question you're asking is not, will my parents have a problem if I go back to my old look. What you're really asking is, Will my parents have a problem if I keep my new look? Jassi, what makes you think that your family will want you to feel weak and vulnerable all your life? They love you, and if YOU feel beautiful, they feel beautiful. If YOU are empowered, they are empowered. Don't you trust them enough to believe they want the best for you?!?Ouch

You said, "Realistically speaking in the society that we live in beauty is all around, what if 10 years from now Armaan gets attracted by another woman? The fact is that just because a man loves his wife, doesn't mean he wont cheat on me with a prettier woman." Did I get that right?Shocked What you're really saying is, that you trust your man now, but you probably won't trust him 10 years down the line?!? What kind of trust is that? I strongly disagree with your reasoning. Do you mean to say, that after all the experiences you've had and everything you've seen around you, your conclusion is that only ugly women get cheated on?!?! OuchConfusedOuch!! Sweetie, you'd better re-think some of your weird ideas. Silly me, I thought you believed in the power of love!! The same kind of love that makes Gurinder Chadha's husband say to her, "You're hotter and more beautiful than any Aishwarya Rai!" The point here is, do you have what it takes to make your relationship work? I fail to find the similarities between Gurinder Chadha and Maharani Gayatri Devi and even Catherine Zeta-Jones but obviously, they all had it in them to attract the best kind of man and keep him by their side. Think you can do that, Jassi?SmileTongue

You said, "I have to live and work in this world too, and sometimes it hurts a lot to hear them speak of me that way." So, if you go back to your old look, it will be akin to inflicting deliberate hurt on yourself. Why would you do that, I wonder?Dead When you had your 'Jassi' look before, you didn't know any better! You were raw, your potential unawakened, your sensuality hidden in a sack of of cotton that passed off as 'clothing'. You had no idea what it was to be a woman - to be desired, to bask under the flattering male gaze, to look lovingly at yourself in the mirror and wonder at your own beauty. And now, you wonder if you should go BACK to being ugly, BACK in time, BACK in life, BACK to your old rigid attitudes ("I'm too ugly to bother with!!"), BACK to poking fun at yourself before anyone else can, BACK to feeling wave after wave of self-pity wash over you ... Jassi, why do you even ask me that?? Just how badly do you want to punish yourself before you think you're worthy of the same appreciation as everyone else on this planet?!ConfusedConfusedConfused

No, you do NOT have to wear layers and layers of make-up to go to the subji-wallah and haggle over aloo-gobi. But you also don't have to spend your whole life preening in front of the mirror agonizing over your zits. Please don't deprive yourself of wearing Gucci-Pucci-Mucci-Bucci if you feel like it. And you'd look equally desirable in Armaan's eyes whether you're wearing a frilly nightie or a see-thru negligee. The trisk is to explore the meaning of the phrase - "Just be Yourself!" and find a meaning in it that works for you. End of Story!!TongueTongue

Edited by queenbee - 03 May 2005 at 1:27pm

Go to top