Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

Arshi FF: Dewdrops! Epilogue, Pg: 45, Mar 17th 2014 (Page 34)

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:23am | IP Logged

Chapter 18

Author's Note: I am happy to know there are many dedicated readers for this story! I am grateful to you all. Thanks! 

Mr. Nair had just finished his breakfast when he saw Khushi coming in. 

"Hey! Who is this? I thought you forgot this old man", he said with a wide smile. 

He had missed her, she had told him about going for a wedding in South India but still he had felt a void when he didn't see her. It seems like he had got used to see her everyday morning. 

"Yes, yes, I did forget you! When there were so many handsome young faces dancing around me, I got lost in them and I forgot my old boyfriend. Forgive me please! She blinked her eyelashes rapidly in a dramatic way and Nair gave a hearty laugh. 

"I see, well I am disappointed and bit jealous then!" he played along with her drama. 

She laughed and came near him and hugged him "I missed you old man! In fact you had been there in my mind . Honestly! Whenever I saw something impressing during my trip, I got reminded of your words. South India is incredible as you predicted. I fell in love with the place and I had a memorable time of my life there" Khushi said. 

"Well, I am glad that you had a good time and very glad that it was with the place you fell in love and not a person!" he teased her. She gave him a friendly angry smirk. "Where is the brother of yours? He got stuck there with some brahmin girl or he haven't come to meet me? He had promised me something" Nair enquired about NK. 

"What?" Khushi raised her eyebrows. "That's between us, girls are not allowed". Mr. Nair said. 

"Accha! So I am out and he is in" Khushi gave a dramatic sigh and turned around in mock anger. 

"Ha ha! Do you know in my mother tongue Malayalam Acha means Dad, felt good to hear that from you". 

Khushi smiled "I see, that's new to me! Well I will call you Acha then, what say?" she asked with a twinkle in her eyes. "I am very grateful" Nair said with emotion in his voice. They both smiled kindly at each other.

It was then NK entered in wheelchair with a nurse.  

Nair was surprised "Where did you go and bang your head? Or did she do it?" Nair asked pointing to Khushi with a smile while Khushi's mouth went a big "O". 

"Oh! Don't ask me uncle, well this time it wasn't her, I just feel into manhole while admiring a beautiful girl, but now this royal treatment feels good" NK answered with his usual NK smile. 

"Why you need wheelchair? Your leg was fine this morning" Khushi asked him. 

"Well, meri pyaari behana, the thing is.." he looked towards the nurse and smiled "thank you Monali, I think my sister will help me from now". Nurse left, Nair gave a silent chuckle easily understanding NK. "Khushi, you don't have any brains, Naanav is right, you have no brains when it comes to important matters. Don't you have the common sense?" he looked towards the way the nurse exited and said with a sigh "cant you see why I needed a wheelchair? How can I let go of a chance to help Monali do her duty?". NK said this and looked at Khushi, he could see she was getting angry. 

"What did Naanav say?" she asked him. NK smiled inwardly and thought "so from all what he said she caught that line, well interesting".  

Before NK could reply Nair said to Khushi "Don't tell me you fought with your cousin again".  

"Ha ha! Exactly Nair uncle, she cant resist having a fight with my poor Naanav, you know, she actually threw a cake at him but unfortunately it hit our other cousin Akash, remember the one who is going to be engaged coming Sunday. Anyways it was fun, you should have been there, and you would have died of laughing". 

Khushi folded her and turned away from him. Nair pulled her to his side and said "This time what is the problem?". 

Khushi kept quiet while NK narrated the Coimbatore incidents and following happenings. All the time Nair was looking at Khushi and he smiled hearing the story.

Finally he asked "Can I meet this cousin of yours?".

Khushi looked at him surprised while NK asked "You want to meet Arnav Singh Raizada?.

Nair raised his eyebrows and repeated the name thoughtfully "Arnav Singh Raizada, Yes" he answered after few moments.

"Oh sure, why not? You want to meet him now?" NK asked Nair. 

Khushi stared at NK as if he had grown two heads. Nair was still looking at Khushi and he said "Yes, Now". 

"Ok fine" NK told and took his mobile and called Arnav while khushi looked on "Naanav mere bhai! Ek emergency hai, can you please come to hospital Now, its Khushi! He said in a rush and cut the call. He could see arnav calling back but he didn't pick up. He winked at Nair while Khushi stood with her jaw dropped.

"Close your mouth Khushi, I am not going to throw peanuts to your mouth now", Nk told Khushi and turned to Nair "he will come now, Viren Jeeju is in operation theatre, hence he wont pick up the phone, within.." NK checked his watch "yes within 10 minutes he will be before you, your highness" NK gave Nair a dramatic bow while still sitting in his wheel chair.

Khushi was mad at NK "Yes, he will be here within 10 minutes and when he finds out that you were fooling him, he will blast you!" she said that and folded her hands in front of her. 

"Letz see!" Nair said.

"Anyways I am not going to stay around and get the scolding, I am leaving" Khushi said. 

"Ha ha, you are scared of him" NK laughed at her.

"I am not scared of him, you get that" Khushi gritted out while pointing her finger at NK.

"Now, easy easy!" Nair interfered in between them. "I know you are not scared of him, then why you want to run away?" he asked Khushi. 

"I am not running away, I came to see you and to have his head checked. I saw you and in his case (pointing to NK) now I see it more damaged than ever" she said indignantly.

NK laughed and typed something in his mobile while Nair made her sit near "Its ok. Be cool, how come you didn't get me any gift today? You usually bring fruits or books or something for me. Today I see nothing". Nair tried to divert Khushi's attention. 

Khushi slapped her head "Oops! I forgot, she checked her bag and bought out a small, beautiful Ganapathy idol. "This is for you!. Wherever I went in Coimbatore city, I used to see Ganapathy idols in small temples, hence I bought this for you. Dadi had told me that ganapathy is worshiped before any new ventures since he is the god who moves obstacles from one's paths and leads to success, hence I am sure he will protect you and remove the blocks in your heart easily" she finished with a smile.

"Nair Uncle, so I guess you can go home now, you don't need doctors then!" NK commented while Khushi glared at him and Nair laughed.

Arnav nearly barged into the room fearing the worst. But the scene he saw was an old man in bed laughing, while NK sat on a wheel chair, Arnav looked again, why NK needed a wheelchair he wondered and a glaring Khushi, well good the glare was not directed at him but at her twin. He quickly checked her and saw she was unhurt and looked fine except her anger. Then he saw the trio realized his presence in the room and turned to look at him, while he stood there like a fool. 

NK's call had panicked him. Arnav had seen to that the attackers who were supposed to give him the hit had been behind the bars but NK's call made him think of worst things. When NK didn't pick up the call, he had tried Viren but didn't get through, he had rushed through the traffic like a mad man and then he got a text from NK saying the room no and here he was.

He rushed to Khushi's side and asked with concern filled eyes "you ok?".

Khushi didn't look at his eyes nor replied but Nair smiled and replied "She is perfectly fine". 

Arnav looked at the old man, he had seen him somewhere but couldn't place him. 

"Hello! I am G.K. Nair" Nair extended his hand and Arnav took it, the name rings a bell "G.K  of Lakshmi group?" he asked with a raised eyebrows. 

Nair smiled "You got me!".  Khushi and NK looked at Nair in surprise.

"Nice to meet you sir, I am Arnav Singh Raizada".  Arnav said with a smile, he had heard a lot of this self made man and was impressed with the Lakshmi group. 

"Finally we get to meet, I have heard a lot about you in business circles, and I should say I am impressed with your business tactics, the way you get your deals make heads turns. I hope you know that you are famous for your smart moves. Anyways we have never crossed each other but then when I heard about you from these two, I was very much intrigued to meet you, Please don't mind his prank to get you here, I take the blame, you see a dying man's wish!" Nair said with a smile and Arnav smiled understandingly but he looked at NK "This time, I will let you go, but next time don't you dare". 

NK gulped and turned to Nair "why you didn't tell us you are a business man, that too Lakshmi group! Its famous like Hilton, Marriott! And I didn't know that my friend was such a big personality". 

"You never asked about my job, remember you asked about my love life only" Nair replied with a chuckle and NK smiled. 

Nair turned to Khushi and Arnav "So Arnav, I heard recently you nearly escaped from a cake fiasco" Nair teasingly asked while Khushi rolled her eyes and walked to the door "I am not coming to meet you again!" she said in fake anger. 

"Ha ha! I know! but you cant resist me, See You tomorrow morning" he called out to her and said to NK "you better get going or she will come back with a bat and hit that head of yours". NK understood Nair wanted to talk to Arnav alone, he started self rolling the wheelchair then stopped for a second, with a goofy smile to Arnav and Nair got up and walked out.

"Arnav, I hope I didn't disturb your business schedules by playing along with the NK's prank" Nair apologized. 

"No, not at all. It's a pleasure to meet you! I didn't know you were here, I mean I didn't hear any such news in business circles. May be I might have missed out" Arnav replied. 

Nair smiled and replied "No one knows that I am here except my two personal managers, business will go on, its entrusted on efficient staffs. Well, I didn't call you to talk business, just wanted to meet you. I have heard lot about you in business as I told you earlier but then when I came to know you are the cousin whom Khushi always keep telling me about. I wanted to meet you. She and NK gave me a different picture of the gigantic ASR and I was interested in meeting him and today I saw him". Nair smiled at Arnav who looked mildly confused but smiled and took a seat near the man and listened.

The engagement was next day and the Raizada Palace was getting ready. The arrangements, decorations were in full swing. It was evening, in the large drawing room there sat NK, Mami, Mamaji, Nani, Di, Akash, Viren. All were discussing and going through the final details about the various engagement details. NK was getting worried about his head gear (his bandage), he was complaining to Akash that it would spoil his stylish get up for tomorrow's function. That everyone would be looking at him like a clown with a hat and he was asking Viren to allow him to remove it during the function but viren wont agree. It was then Khushi put a full stop to the discussion and asked everyone to relax, she put latest hindi number on the speakers and pulled nani to dance, to chill the mood of everyone. Soon Mami joined the dance with them and all were enjoying and dancing to the song. Even Akash was dancing while NK sat with Di enjoying since he was not allowed to shake his head too much. 

No one had noticed a person standing at the big doorway enjoying the scene going inside.

Who is it? Any guess?

Music Selection- Cocktail (2012) Tum hi ho bandhu
http://youtu.be/q-w3QtmKFbM

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

teessaunderground1Petunia11zunaishaHemaSuryaArshi_fan2010..Sri..sd..lg..Pd2012TinkJiasaj111famiyamika17Shamz94kirti123arnshizafi-afsha-Eccentricaameena671Rasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged

Chapter 19

Arnav left the hospital after 2 hours. This was the first time in his life he was not talking business to a business magnet like him. Instead he listened; he listened to the old man's real life story.  He hadn't asked to know nor he was curious about the great GK. But Mr. Nair had let him Arnav in to his personal life. Arnav was sure he would never be able to voice out about his life Mr. Nair did. However, while leaving he promised GK that he will be back to visit him again and the old man just smiled at him warmly. Arnav was deep in thought while exiting the hospital, his mobile beeped alerting a message. It was from Lavanaya asking him whether he was free, she need to talk to him, personally!

Meanwhile at Raizada Palace, Pavan stood at the big doorway enjoying the scene unfolding in front of him. His Dadi and mami were competing each other to see who is best in dancing while his mischievous darling sister was egging them into competing and bringing out the best from the competitors. While Jeeju, Mama and Akash was laughing out seeing Mami's desperation to win over her Saas. And his Di and the mischief master brother was siting and enjoying the scene as he was. Pavan's eyes flitted over NK's injuries; his heart gave a squeeze of pain. When Arnav had informed him about the accident, he got worried. Even though Arnav had assured him everything was fine, it didn't stop his worrying. He couldn't stay back; he took the next flight as soon as he could.

Akash was twirling Khushi when she noted a figure at the door smiling at everyone inside. First she thought her eyes were playing tricks but the image remained there and she screamed out loudly in happiness "Bhaiya!" and ran to him. Pavan saw Khushi running into him like typhoon coming. He waited for her to crash into his arms. He had missed his baby.

All were surprised to see Pavan and the greetings started. Pavan took his Dadi's, Mama's and Mami's blessings first then went to NK, he hugged him closely, smiling and said "You look better than I expected". Nk replied "Yes Bhai, I am feeling better, I told you there was no need to be worried, but since you came, I can claim that …" NK looked at Khushi and continued in a teasing manner "that my Bhai loves me more". Khushi was about to retort for it when Pavan pleaded to his siblings "oh! Now you two don't start! I just landed only, give me some time to relax, then I will start to hear your tantrums" while others laughed.

Arnav and Lavanaya had a long discussion about their future and after their talk both agreed to put their fake engagement on hold. Arnav understood her reasoning and in between the talk she had questioned him "ASR, is it only for Di's happiness you are getting engaged or is there any thing else". 

He hadn't answered her since he too needed some time to gather his thoughts. After talking to GK, he was confused. Arnav had been confident before that he could manage his feelings but recently his treacherous heart seems to giving away his resolve. He cant let go of her but then will he be able to keep her happy? 

Author's Note: Hey dears, it's a short update. When I saw your comments and requests, eagerly waiting for updates, I couldn't help it. I know I haven't done justice here by keeping so many conversations incomplete. Those conversations will be updated in upcoming chapters as flashbacks. This chapter is dedicated to Bhakti and Jasmine Shabir whose sweet requests made me write this update in spite of my busy schedule. And specially to Daljeet for reasons you know!

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

teessaunderground1hopalongPetunia11zunaishaHemaSuryasaj111..Sri..sd..lg..Pd2012shyamiduttTinkJiameem17arnshiShamz94mika17shiv456zafiEccentricaRasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:26am | IP Logged

Chapter 20

The engagement function was grand. Arnav had insisted Aman that everything should be perfect for his Bhai and it had been. Payal's parents were happy and proud of their daughter. Even though initially they were worried about the difference in social status, soon they understood Raizada family gave much more importance than social outlook to their son's happiness. Akash is a gentleman and a loving human being; they could see how much he was in love with their daughter. The whole Raizada family was in for celebration. The ring exchange function was a lovely ceremony where the love birds both shy, looked at each other with a shy smile exchanged the rings with a promised to be married soon.

There was a party following the ceremony, it was during that time Nk finally got Anu alone. He had seen her earlier arriving with Payal. They both had exchanged a look, hers a concern filled one searching him and she gave a small smile of relief while Nk was delighted to see her. He hadn't seen her after their farm house trip. He had wished to see her many times in the past days and in fact had almost dialed her number but then stopped himself. He didnt know what she thought about him, what is her opinion about him or whether she feels something special for him.  For the first time in his life Nanda Kishore Singh Raizada didn't want a girl to think that he was a flirt and was trying to get her attention. He wanted her to be the special girl in his life, the one whose face he could see in the moon.

On the other hand, Anu had been greatly relieved to see Nk. When Payal  had mentioned to her about NK's accident, Anu had insisted that they go to hospital to meet him then. Payal had informed a terrified Anu that NK is fine and is at home, not hospital and that Payal can't visit Raizada Palace now since her engagement is near, it won't look nice if she visited them now. However, Payal had assured Anu that NK is perfectly fine and not in danger but she was quite surprised by Anu's strange behavior but she didn't comment on it. Payal knew past few days Anu had been itching to ask about NK. She didn't know what was brewing between them and what shocked her more was Anu never cared for any guy in her life but then why was she so much concerned about NK's welfare. Yes, it was true! Anu had never cared for a guy in her life, after her father had deserted her mom, she had no high opinion about men. In her teens she had seen how much her mom suffered the society whims about being a single mother, a divorcee and her hatred towards men sky rocketed. She had been a tough nut for guys. However, she didn't know why NK mattered to her, she was distraught with worry thinking about him. It's true they met only few times but those times he had been able to get through her, able to revive the young girl full of dreams within her, he had been able to make her smile and laugh. She had seen his genuine care for his sister, his easy manners and charming smile had made her heartbeats go a little bit faster than their normal rate. But she was on her guard, her resolution- "never fall for a guy" was still on but she cared for NK. 

"I thought you would call on me, to check whether I am fine" NK told her as he came to her side.

" I heard you were in no danger, but was asked to rest properly. Hence thought not to disturb you. Though I had texted you" she replied with a friendly smile.

" yup! I did receive a "get well soon" but we being friends I expected..." he didn't complete the sentence. He hid his disappointment behind his smile and continued " yes as you see, I am fine and doing great, I should add that it's only once in a while I get Khushi to do my biddings. Hence I enjoyed the royal treatment and pampering". He finished with a smile but Anu understood the words unsaid and her heart accused her. 
Arnav called out to NK and as he turned to leave, Anu on a impulse caught his right hand. NK was surprised, he looked at his hand which was held by Anu and looked up at her face, she looked like struggling to form words. 
NK let out a small laugh and said "you look like having a constipation problem with words like my dear Naanav! Is it so hard to say a sorry?"
 Anu was shocked and embarrassed " how did this guy read her mind?" she wondered but she quickly let go of his hand and rearranged her face to a haughty expression and said "sorry? Why should I be sorry? And I got no problem of forming a sentence. I can do that perfectly".

NK smiled and while walking towards Arnav's side he turned back and said " yes I can see that, you can lie perfectly" and he winked at her with a heart melting handsome smile. As he was walking backward facing Anu he didn't see that he was crashing into Viren who in turn stumbled into his wife Anjali upon the unexpected collision with NK. 

Anjali lost her balance when her husband suddenly and unexpectedly tumbled over her and they both fell but Viren turned her suddenly so that she was saved from hitting the floor. Since they fell over the plush Arabian carpet, viren's back was saved, he could see Anjali was still in her shocked surprise and hadnt realized they were the object every eyes in the room was watching. He teased her " Anju, I wouldn't mind getting lost in those beautiful black eyes of yours, but I prefer the privacy of our room". His words brought Anjali's face looking around and she suddenly realized their awkward position.

NK helped her and Viren back to feet while mumbling " Di, Jeeju I am terribly sorry I didn't see you." but then he smiled and continued little loudly "But you guys got to thank me! Because of me you got a romantic moment in public". Anjali to get over her embarrassment caught Nk's right ear "behave!" she was flushed but then smiled fondly at her cousin when all began laughing including her husband at the funny accident.

Khushi was laughing at her twin's comment which made her Di blush. She hadn't noticed Arnav coming close to her. He stood next to her and was trying hard to find the exact word and voice it to her. She turned suddenly and saw Arnav standing next to her, having a battle with his mind which caused her eyes widen in surprise.

" hey!" she called out to get his attention and waved her heavily bangle cladded hand in front of him. "hi!" he replied and smiled at her. After Pavan arrived, khushi was really happy and had even forgotten that she was at cross with Arnav. "Di and Jeeju stole the show tonight from Akash and Payal by their accidental falling on each other. Di is still blushing" khushi was chatting away to him looking in Di's direction". When he didn't reply she turned to look at him and caught him staring at her.

When he saw she was looking at him he said " you..u ..are.." he throat went dry. Arnav Singh Raizada never complimented on his models looks or beauty. A curt nod from him is the highest compliment they can ever get. Hence when such a man is trying to voice out a sincere remark to a lady he always cherished, he didn't know how to do it plus he was at loss of words. " I am what Naanav?" her question with that curious eyes made his confusion worse. She was so many things to him, most importantly his oxygen, his life but what he intended to say to her now was that she was radiant as sun and that he couldn't keep his eyes off her. But the words which jumbled out of his mouth didn't made any sense, though khushi caught a malformed word which almost sounded like "beautiful". Arnav was furious with himself for not being able to stay a word straight and Khushi's amused staring at him was making him slightly nervous. He turned around to stalk of to his room and regain his confidence to pronounce loudly what he wanted to convey to her. But her soft voice stopped him and made him turn out " are you trying to tell me that I look beautiful? " she asked him with her twinkling eyes. He was relieved as well as surprised, she understood what he wanted to tell her but he wished he spoke that neatly and clearly to her than blurting it out incoherently and she trying to clarify it. When he didn't reply but stood there deciding whether to agree or not, khushi smiled widely and crossed the distance between them on a impulse and on tip-toe placed a quick kiss on his right cheek leaving him stunned as if lightening striked him. she moved away still looking at him with her mischievous as well as lovely smile while he stood looking at her, a handsome smirk forming on his face.

On the other side of the hall, Pavan just finished talking to a business associate and turned abruptly bumping into someone who crossed his path. He reached out and caught the arm of the person to prevent the fall.

He looked up to see the face and he felt stunned. A pair of sparkling black eyes with thick lashes surrounding them peered at him equally surprised. Who is this new entry? Wait and watch...

Author note : Sorry guys...I will update the pictures later..I wrote this during a 4 hour journey, have not proof read..kindly bear with the mistakes..last two paragraphs were written in hurry hence the full impact of arnav-khushi, pavan- ...?? :-) will be continued in the next chapter..with pictures..no idea about the next update when it will..kindly excuse...put forward your suggestions and opinions..

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

teessaunderground1Petunia11sanayafan125HemaSuryasaj111..Sri..sd..lg..Pd2012TinkJiameem17arnshiabivicky86Shamz94mika17zafiEccentricaRasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:27am | IP Logged

Chapter 21

Khushi didn't notice Anjali standing behind her as her eyes were returning his admiring stare. Anjali nearly took Viren in a hug when Khushi bumped into her unexpectedly. "Oh! What's it with you and NK today? You both are making me a funny clown here" Anjali chided Khushi mildly for making her embarrassed again in front of the crowd while Viren chuckled. "Oops! Sorry Di, I didn't see you" Khushi said sincerely while holding her both ears in a sorry gesture with her puppy eyes. She had seen Arnav immediately turning to some acquaintance the moment she hit Anjali and now she saw him trying to suppress a glee in his face while she stood taking in Di's scolding. 

Pavan stood still; he couldn't take his eyes off from the face in front of him. Her surprised eyes were holding his eyes as prisoner. He didn't dare breathe, fearing that slight movement will awake her from her stupor. Adhiti Malhotra's senses ditched her for the first time in her life. Her heartbeats raced, her mind buzzed with lot of signals but her brain was not deciphering anything. She stood there supported by Pavan's strong hold on her arm looking into his eyes. 

Suddenly her brain resumed work and processed a signal which made her break the stare and look down to his chest where she saw that she had sprayed her drink on his neatly pressed white kurta. She looked up in alarm into his eyes again. He had followed her eyes and now saw that she had made a stain in his clothes but when he looked back and saw the worried eyes, which made him smile. But she has began already " I am really sorry! I had no intention to sprinkle my drink on you, it just .." Pavan smiled widely hearing her hurried rambling and slightly shook her hand which he was still holding indicating that he too should be given a chance to talk "Hey hey! Its not your fault!, I was not watching where I was going, I am actually sorry for bumping into you" he said aloud but his mind wanted to say "But I don't feel sorry at all" also. 

Adhiti was still looking at his stain spoiled white kurta feeling guilty. He smiled the PSR smile, which his twin siblings have claimed to be the killer smile and extended his hand for a shake "Anyways nice to meet you! I am Pavan!, Pavan Singh Raizada!" She looked up at his face and down to his hand and smiled and took his hands in a firm and brief handshake "Adhiti Malhotra".

Pavan had dealt with numerous women business associates and models but never in his lifetime he had felt curious to know more about anyone of them but the beautiful lady standing before him was making him more and more curious to know more about her. He began like " I have been away from my family for a long time, hence other than the immediate family, I am not familiar with any other family members, hence please don't mind if I ask you whether you belong to Raizada clan?" Adhiti smiled in understanding. "Oh man! Her smiles are killer ones" Pavan thought while his heart was taking some acro dance steps. "No, I don't mind since I am not your family member. I am from the bride's side".  Adhiti replied clearing his query but didn't venture much information on her. Pavan smiled, he knew she was not flirty type but well brought up when she withheld her information. "Excuse me" She said with a polite smile and left his side. He smiled chuckling knowing that she cleverly made her exit while he was framing his next question to which she needed to reveal her details. He was a shrewd businessman who never lost a deal. But here he let her walk away from him but he still looked in the direction she left wreathed in smiles.

What Pavan didn't know was that a pair of curious eyes was observing this whole exchange; the owner of that set of eyes was none other than Devayani Singh Raizada.

Adhiti breathed in relief when she reached the other end of the hall. She could still feel his eyes on her. She couldn't place what happened few seconds back. Even though she stood answering him with a straight face, her heart had been doing a wild classical dance. She didn't dare look back at him; his eyes had held a charm and power, which held her like a prisoner.  No, she was not used to this kind of feelings, of course being a beauty, she had always admirers. But she had never felt her heart responding to any admiring stares like this. "Damn you Pavan!" She muttered when she failed to reign in her heart. Adhiti didn't like being confused or not being in control of her feelings, she is always focused and in control of her heart.  Adhiti Malhotra is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Malhotra, both professors at JNU like Payal's parents and close family friends of Payal's family. 

Anu didn't want to look up and see those brown eyes that were keeping her company all through the evening. She knew if she look up, she would smile and that would give away the entire pose she was putting up throughout the evening. She denied the pleasure but her heart could see his smile and gaze and she allowed her heart to smile while she chatted with Payal's mom. 

NK finally sat down smiled widely, he knew she was not easy and she got a strong will. Most of the women would have melted under his charms but not this feisty one.  He didn't notice he was sitting next to an amused Dadi. He was still lost in his world of Anu and her stubbornness, not to give me a glance. He admired her for that, he wanted someone like that in his life, not easy, one who was always a challenge to him so that he would have a lifelong task of staying focused. Dadi's experienced eyes needed only one look at her grandson to know he was besotted. 

Dadi's eyes followed NK's eyes and found the target of his admiration. Dadi looked back at NK with amazement! "Yeh! Bahuth Badiya hai! "She thought with a smile. She caressed NK's head in fondness bringing him back his senses back to earth. "Oh Dadi! Wow! You are looking gorgeous!" NK tried to charm his Dadi. But Dadi being Dadi replied "Well! I guess am not gorgeous anymore as I used to be" she said with a mock sadness and continued with a teasing smile "if I had been so, then my grandson would be admiring me and not that smart lady standing over there" she pointed towards Anu with her eyes while NK blushed slightly and rolled his eyes but was amazed by his Dadi's sharpness "Dadi! You are impossible!"

Dadi got up with a smile and started walking towards Anjali to ask her something but her steps came to a halt when she saw her another grandson who smiled very rarely, now smiling with all his charm and love and walking towards her most favorite granddaughter. Khushi on the other hand had seen Arnav walking towards her but she refused to see it, turned and talked animatedly about mehandi designs to Payal. 

He came near her, gave a polite smile to Payal leaving her stunned and asked her to excuse Khushi for a second, took Khushi's hand tightly in his hand and pulled her towards the stairs which lead to the pool. Devanayi Singh Raizada's surprise turned into a knowing smile. Indeed, the air tonight at Raizada Palace was highly charged with romance.

Author's Note:

My dear readers, am so sorry for not being able to give you the full entertainment but please bear me for this month. Next week, I will be conferred my doctorate degree in nanotechnology and will be leaving back to India. Hence I am not sure when I can update next. I am really very sorry for making you wait, I know many of you love this story hence I haven't limited the visibility till now. Once I settle back in India, will try to update regularly. Btw, I had updated pictures in the last update and also I wanted to applaud those who have corrected guessed Pavan in chapter 18, and who patiently waited for the arrival of Adhiti. This goes for you all!

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

teessaunderground1Petunia11zunaishaHemaSuryasaj111..Sri..sd..lg..shyamiduttTinkJiaarnshiabivicky86Shamz94sincerememika17shiv456zafiEccentricaRasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:29am | IP Logged

Chapter 22

Dedication

This chapter is dedicated to the great actor Thilakan who passed away two days back. I salute this actor; he was an amazingly talented actor who gave life to the numerous characters he essayed. When I started this story, I couldn't resist, he was the first non-IPKKND character I added, no one else can play the role of Mr. Nair to the core than Thilakan sir. I know I haven't revealed the talk he had with Arnav but it will come later…and you will love him more!

If PSR needed information, he would get it within minutes. Aman's loyalities might lay with ASR but he worked for AR industries and he was considered as Raizada family member. When Pavan Bhai approached Aman earlier and casually asked about a particular girl, Aman's sensors picked up the signal and he knew how to get the information. Dadi had happily supplied him the details of Adhiti Malhotra with a knowing secret smile, which he returned. He had witnessed some sparks flying earlier, that thought made him wonder about the other couple whom he had seen earlier leaving the hall. He scanned the crowd but couldn't detect the presence of his serious boss and the chirpy Khushi. They were still missing.

Khushi had had enough. She broke free from Arnav's hold on her arm.

"Naanav! What behavior is this? What did I do now for you to pull me all the way?" Khushi asked indignantly.

" I wanted to tell you something" Arnav told and Khushi raised her eyebrows as if  "What"?

"If I want to tell something I can do it properly, I don't need you as a interpretator. Understood? 

Khushi looked at him in confusion.

"What I came to say earlier was that you are having some dirt on your face but u interpreted as if I was complementing that you are beautiful." Arnav finished with his signature smirk. 

Khushi was surprised, her mouth hanged open and she felt a bit embarrassed but Arnav closed her mouth by lifting her jaw with his index finger and with a smile rubbed his right thumb on her left cheek erasing nothing but a little of her blush all the while looking at Khushi's stunned and surprised eyes and suddenly he kissed her forehead shocking her more. 

"Arnav!" the name rolled out of her automatically and they were lost in each other's eyes.  

Anu calling out Khushi's name brought sense back into their heads and they looked each other uncertainly and a moment later Khushi moved away from Arnav but she turned and saw he was looking at her with a beautiful smile, her heart was like participating in marathon and her brain was buzzing with various signals causing a traffic jam in her realization chamber making it slow to process the thoughts. However, she made her legs walk away from him and on the way downstairs she met Anu who lead her to Payal and they both together introduced her to Adhiti, who was their childhood friend. Khushi felt like she had seen Adhiti somewhere before but couldn't place where. Her mind was still hanging on Arnav and she knew he didn't come back to hall. When she turned to look for NK, she saw Lavanya laughing at NK's some funny joke and Khushi felt guilty.

Adhiti was quick to notice the sadness spreading on Khushi's face. Adhiti held Khushi's hand with a warm smile "Everything fine?". 

Khushi immediately faked a smile that didn't reach her eyes, Adhiti didn't push, she just met this sweet girl who seemed to be lost in some thoughts. NK and La walked towards the three ladies and NK made sure that he stood next to Anu with a polite friendly smile and Anu felt slightly nervous but didn't show it. 

NK's antenna immediately tuned into Khushi's distress, the siblings communicated silently in their own code language using their eyes; one asking whether "all is well" and the other answering "yes, all is well" but NK could clearly see that his sisso is upset hence he made an excuse and took Khushi away from the three lovely ladies and from the crowd to his room. La had noticed the interesting eye exchange between the twins and her curiosity made her follow the duo.

"NK, I want to go back, now!" Khushi blurted out in her frustration to NK as soon as they were away from the crowd. 

"What?" NK asked in confusion. "What happened? You were perfectly fine few minutes back. Wait! Does Naanav has any role in this spontaneous outcry of yours?" NK asked with a smile but he was shocked to see Khushi's eyes welling up with tears.

"Hey Sisso!" he hugged her to his chest. 

"I dunno what to do NK! I wish maa was here". She lifted her head and looked in NK's eyes.

"He is engaged to La". Khushi stopped NK before he said anything. 

"I know what you are going to say NK; you are taking the baised view, you know only me and Naanav but I am talking from a woman's point of view. La might be a modern girl with broad perspectives but in the end, she is a girl just like any other ordinary girl with dreams and hopes of a bright future with her man. Her family like ours would be expecting a lot from this relationship. Everyone is happy now that finally Arnav consented for marriage. He has already given his word, even though its not official, he had promised her his commitment and its not fair" the last part of the sentence khushi said recalling his early kiss and the tears rolled down.

"Khushi!" NK was hurt to see his sister sacrificing her love. 

Khushi composed herself and wiped her tears away and brought her smile back in face and said "I am stupid! You used to say that always and I fight with you but now I agree" she hugged her dear twin bro with a smile and continued "I know we cant leave now, the marriage is next week and …" remembering something she straightened from the hug with a wide smile "Sunny and Alexy are arriving tomorrow!" NK gave her a weak smile "I will be fine NK, you are there with me, Bhai is here, and our dear mischief masters are landing tomorrow, what more can I ask for?"

Anyways this conversation has touched two other souls who were overhearing this whole exchange.

Author's Note: I know I haven't updated for a while and i haven't done you justice with this short update. You people would be mad at me and ready to kill me for not updating. Well! I could give you the normal excuses of being busy, plus I had been in an emotional roller coaster ride for the past two-three weeks. Even now I am not free from the emotional clutches hence I dunno what to write, I know you have been patiently waiting for the update. I thought of giving up the story but I can't do that to you people!. And to be honest I lost touch with the story and hadn't been following the serial. Today I restarted watching the serial again and is back to you with the update.I hope you like it! And next update your darling Sunny would be back..also I made slight changes to Adhiti's character sketch in last update. Let me know your reviews! Will be waiting!

The following 17 member(s) liked the above post:

teessaunderground1zunaishaHemaSuryaGahana9999Petunia11..Sri..sd..lg..saj111shyamiduttShamz94arnshiabivicky86mika17zafiameena671EccentricaRasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:30am | IP Logged

Chapter 23

It was when Nani had properly introduced Adhiti, Khushi remembered where she had seen Adhiti. Adhiti had got training in classical dance under Khushi's dance guru and Khushi had seen Adhiti performing together with her guru at UK. Soon they both started talking about dance passionately. Khushi admitted to Adhiti that she never gave public performance, she just learned dance for her pleasure and now days she danced very rarely. Adhiti encouraged Khushi to consider dance seriously if she is really interested. Nani hearing this interesting conversation was thrilled; she had been a good dancer in her teens and then she remembered how Khushi's mom and Arnav's mom used to dance and her eyes misted at those memories. She looked at Khushi who was totally absorbed in Adhiti's talk and she felt her heart constrict in pain. Only she knew how much this girl held in her heart never expressing when all she wanted to do was express. Anyways the talk about dancing have bought Adhiti and Khushi to a closer level and both felt happy knowing each other and Adhiti invited Khushi to a dance performance she was giving next week.

Meanwhile NK and Anu were standing near to each other but not looking each other or acknowledging each other.
Finally Anu gave up the pretending and turned towards NK with raised eyebrows "What?" she asked in mildly concealed frustration. NK with her easygoing manner was getting on her nerves. She didn't want to admit to her feelings that she was getting attracted to him. But how can one resist this charming cute guy she wondered in her heart.
 "What?" NK replied in the same questioning manner but then smiled. "You look beautiful when you are riled up!" By the way why are you so angry?"

Anu folded her hands in front of her and stared hard at NK in a "as if you don't know manner"
"Ok Ok! Well, I am not following you or spying you but my legs seems to take me to the same places where you too is present" NK gave a defending shrug as to convey,  "that's all my honor".
"What is it NK? What you want from me? You have been getting on my nerves recently" Anu voiced her frustration but she omitted a part of her dialogue she wanted to say that NK had been ruling her head ever since their meeting and farm trip. She wanted to tell him that she was going mad thinking about him, wondering what he is doing when he is not within her sights and while near her heart was in a strange condition. But she didn't say all those, kept those for another time and waited for NK to reply.

NK gave her a very sweet smile and replied "I want to know you more, would like to be close friends with you, would like to spend some time with you, you know,  to know you better" Anu was surprised and asked "Why?" NK scratched his head and gave a confused look, he confessed what was in his heart, he didn't know what would be the outcome of this friendship hence he cant promise anything now but he really wanted to know her and b close to her but if she is asking for a reason what can he tell? He knows girls always wanted to be assured and they needed answers, he has a twin from whom he has learned this fact but guys never used to think much, they just live the moment. This troublesome "Why" always makes him scratch his head. Anyways AKash and Payal who joined them rescued him from this situation and the rest of the evening went happily.

Pavan had been with Khushi talking about his New York life until she slept, he finally tucked her blankets properly and kissed her forehead goodnite and went to check on NK. But in real, Khushi hadn't slept. Sleep avoided her; she knew her brother would wait until she slept hence she faked sleep. Her mind was exhausted. She always had the habit of thinking a lot, NK's biggest complaint about her was that, she thinks too much and even sometimes spoil NK's peace of mind by worrying unnecessarily. But in this case her worry was genuine. She could feel her helplessness. Her heart was breaking all the restrictions she imposed her self-control was going out of her hold.

She was troubled; she wanted to cry her heart out. She didn't know when she had started loving Arnav; was it before she left for US or after or was it during those years of silence or was it during the night at poolside when she met him after all those years. Or may be it might be during those childhood days when he was her hero; even though she had two doting brothers, she had always felt more secured with Arnav. It was a feeling he generated within her, when he was around nothing would happen to her and he wont allows her to quit smiling. He would go to any lengths to just make her smile and used to give into any of her demands. She had felt like a queen when she could make him do something which all tried and failed. He allowed that privilege only to her, not his mom or Di or anyone, only her. She had no idea when that childhood crush had turned into love. It wasn't an infatuation, for years when she had not seen him or heard him she still loved him; believed one day he will come for her, come to be her old friend.

With lot of expectations when she got ready to come over for Akash's ceremony, NK broke the news to her that Arnav is getting engaged to La. Khushi took in a stride, realization often came late to her. She enjoyed the news with all even though her heart suddenly dulled its activity but her outside cheer was intact. She reasoned with her mind a lot and accepted that Arnav might not have thought about her like that or may b he might have forgot about her and their childhood days or may b he loved La very much. That thought had seared her heart but she accepted with a smile and when she met La she couldn't blame him. But still it hurt somewhere but now her mind was muddled. The realization that Arnav hasn't forgotten their childhood time; his reason for staying away; the looks he gave sometimes, Sunny's revealation, and Arnav's proximity atimes cause havoc in her. Even though she voiced her reasons with NK and denied her love, she couldn't crush it within her. It was too much pain; the pain of loosing someone you loved your whole life. The feeling of knowing that the person whom you loved is going to be someone else's or loves someone else is shattering. Especially when its Arnav who treated her like the queen of his life; she had soaked the pillow with her tears by dawn.

Arnav was waiting for Aman, he had given Aman a task and wanted it to be done by morning. He sat by his recliner by the poolside; he could see her swing, slowly moving in breeze while the moon smiled at him. He thought of khushi winking at moon and looked towards her window. She might be sleeping, he thought; he wanted to talk to her, confess something to her. Her expression and the way she called out his name when he kissed her forehead had been a wake up call for him. The story that Mr. Nair told him was still fresh in his mind. He didn't want to take chances, especially when it comes to her, he cant live without her.  That much he knew and he was ready to face any challenge or obstacles if she was with him. He recalled Di's story of "sassein ruk jaunga jab tumare pyaar door jate waqt" and smiled; he knows he will never admit to Di but he now believed it to be true. He knew he have to correct certain things, La had talked to him after the party and asked him to break the news of their fake engagement's fake break-up due to professional reasons to his family as soon as possible and she had given him a meaningful glance when she mentioned Khushi. He smiled recalling of their childhood days, he wanted all those back, he wanted her, god! Why had he been such an idiot? he smiled at the moon, no he is Arnav SIngh Raizada! he will make everything right..soon..he promised!

It was 4 am when Aman had finally got the exact replica of small ghungroo set but bigger in size done. He reached RM and saw Arnav was awake by the poolside looking up at a specific window. Aman smiled when he realized the love this man in front of him holds for a special person. He never thought Arnav was capable of loving a girl; he had always been business or business acquaintance and very less and rare friends. He placed the two sets of ghungroos in front of Arnav; one set was small and old; Aman had a feeling that it belonged to Khushi.

Aman was rewarded with a grateful smile and order to sleep the next 4 hours. Arnav crept noiselessly into Khushi's room and placed the wooden box near her bedside lamp; he couldn't see her face; she was turned away from him. He smiled at her sleeping form and left the room as quiet as possible. 

A/N: Not proof read, written in a hurry, if there are shortcoming please let me know..and yes your feedback are awaited..

The following 21 member(s) liked the above post:

teessaunderground1Petunia11zunaishaHemaSuryaGahana9999..Sri..sd..lg..saj111Archu61TinkJiameem17famiyaarnshimika17kinjalcp87abivicky86Shamz94zafiEccentricaameena671Rasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged

Chapter 24

Author's Note: This update is dedicated to one of my favorite writer - saucechips. She always makes me lol whenever I read her stories and while attempting to write this update,  i was wondering how she writes humor situations with ease. Truly amazing, hats off to you dear! 

NK moved like a thief without making any noise into Khushi's room. It was 6 am. Only HP and JP were awake and they were starting to get ready for breakfast preparation. NK woke up Khushi without making much noise and told her to get ready and come to the garage side within 15 minutes. They have to leave before everyone woke up; he then silently proceeded to Akash's room. In the hurry to get ready, Khushi didn't notice the wooden box beside her bedside lamp.

Akash was in Switzerland, in snow clad mountains with Payal, enacting their favorite song from DDLJ, tuje deka to hai jaana sanam…when suddenly earthquake happened, he yelled Payal and woke up sending a startled NK back into a near by sofa. It took a moment for Akash to realize that it was NK shaking him to wake up and not earthquake and payal would be sleeping in her bed peacefully. He sighed and looked at NK with a look "you wont give me some peace to dream even"  "Kya hai NK bhai ithni subah subah?" 

"Oh my Akash! Its already past 6 am, we should have left early but I slept off. Khushi and me would be leaving soon to airport. I just wanted to remind you, you know what to do right?"  NK asked in a conspirator voice.

A troubled and scared Akash replied " yes, but I am afraid of Bhai's reaction. He would not have expected this early….." NK cut him off with a broad smile"that's how we surprises and Sky relax  bro and enjoy, its your wedding man and we are here to entertain you, hence chill!" with a wink and broad smile NK left leaving a very nervous Akash behind.  

Akash looked at his pillow and mussed " NO, I don't think I will be able to sleep a wink with this all this tension, Bhai will skin me alive that's for sure. I better go to temple with Di and ask Devi mata to protect me from Bhai's temper" with that thought Akash began his day.

Pavan and Arnav was on Bluetooth while at breakfast table, talking to their respective secretaries about their schedule for the day when Anjali and Nani confiscated their phones. "Di" "Dadi" Pavan and Arnav called out their protest at the same time. Mamaji and Mamiji laughed out seeing the pouting expression on their nephews.
Nani with her full authority answered "you both should learn from my Akash bitwa, look at him, kitna acha ladka hai, (Akash blushed hearing this praise from Nani) khane ke samay u should eat not talk on phone. I will give your phone back once you finish everything on your plate".
 Pavan smiled at Dadi and started having the breakfast Anjali served him while Arnav having no other go starting eating his toast but his eyes were roaming around the room and he wanted to voice a question luckily Maami voiced the question he had in his mind "Arre, hamari sweethearts kaha hai? Subah hone ka news nahi mila ?"
Maama decided to pull Maami's legs, with a teasing smile he said" Kya problem hai tumari eyes ko Manu? Mein yaha hum!". 

Maami blushed and swatted his hand lightly for embarrassing her in front of family and replied "Mein apke bare me kab pucha? Mein hamari khushi or NK ki bath kar rahi hai!"
 "Yes, even I was also wondering where the trouble makers are" Pavan said with a smile. "Hospital" "Walk" Akash and Di respectively answered in a rush at the same time. Akash swallowed the piece of puri with chewing and looked at Di for support who returned him a I will manage, don't interfere look.

Arnav had seen the look pass between Akash and Di and he knew the news is not going to be pleasant. "Nahi Akash, aaj those two didn't go to hospital with Viren, they have gone for their morning walk".  She then turned to pavan and continued "Woh kya hai na, while Viren was leaving, had told NK that he needed to walk a lot to get his injuries healed soon hence Khushi had taken NK for walk".
Anjali lied beautifully to all present while Pavan choked on his food. He looked at Anjali with a disbelief look and asked "What? NK and Khushi for a morning walk? You got to be kidding! They both are late birds, never seen such crazy sleepers" he started laughing out loudly.
Nani smiled and replied "Nahi beta, they both have started to get up early and even go to mandir with Anjali, sometimes they go with Viren to his hospital to meet a friend of theirs".
"Yes, I know about that, Khushi had told me about Mr. Nair and I promised her that I will visit him with her but this morning walk, they haven't mentioned and I cant believe my kids have become this susheel" he smiled at Nani.

Arnav knew his Di was lying and the relief on Akash's face confimed his hunch. He cornered Akash while leaving for office and in his no-nonsense sytle questioned him. Before Akash could confess Arnav noticed that Di's black BMW was missing from garage but its driver was standing next to his driver. Everything fell in place in Arnav's mind and he turned towards Akash in full fury and asked, "You let her drive? Do you know she is rash driver? How could u be so irresponsible Akash" he nearly screamed at Akash while fear clutched his heart.  Arnav even though he had stayed away from Khushi while she was in US, he was informed about her all happenings and he knew she was a very accident prone person and he also knew she raced car without following any traffic rules when she was totally upset. That last bit of information was provided to him by NK.
"Relax Bhai! NK is with her and she wont drive…." Akash was again cut off second time in the morning because Arnav had already started his car leaving a dejected Akash at the garage.

In his hurry, Arnav had forgotten to ask Akash what was the destination of the twins. He called NK while driving and spoke into his Bluetooth in anger when the call was attended "Where the hell are you NK?" 

Arnav could hear lot of noises in background but couldn't make out the location "hey Nanav mere bhai! We are almost reaching home now, got a big surprise for u, see you soon! Nk disconnected the call which left Arnav irritated.

The scene which greeted Arnav when he came back to make sure NK and Khushi reached home safely stunned him and his anger skyrocketed. Pavan was leaving for office when Sunny and Alex took him by surprise. A trained kickboxer, PAvan immediately defended himself out of reflex by locking Sunny's hand behind his back, which made Sunny cry out. "oh Bhai, its me, don't break my hand". "Hey, badiya surprise hai, how come you two are here" Pavan asked with a wide smile and rubbed Sunny hand in sorry gesture "wow! Bhai, what a handlock was it, I thought you broke my bone" Sunny exclaimed in awe at Pavan's martial skill.

"It was a sudden plan bhai, when akash invited us for his wedding, we thought we better join khushi and NK and give the wedding a special glow with fireworks" Alexy replied Pavan with a smile and Pavan was pleased. "Wow, that's great! Akash mere bhai, beware, you have invited fire crackers!" Pavan joked while Sunny, NK, ALexy and Khushi yelled "Bhai!" and Akash looked like someone who digged his own grave. "Hey! I was just kidding!" Pavan raised his hands in surrender and said "btw, where is Vinay? He is missing from your group". "Oh! He is still busy with post-wedding rituals and there is a talk about his marriage fixing" sunny answered to Pavan. "Really?" Khushi was happy and excited for his friend, Pavan noticed this enthusiasm and laughed "Why Khushi? You too want to get married?" "Oh no Bhai!" she came to pavan and side hugged him with a smile "I am happy for Vinay, do you know I meet Keerthi, they both are perfect for each other and in very much love". NK was silent all this while but seeing Khushi's reaction to Vinay's news he silently prayed for his sister's dream and said "yes bhai, its always a happy feeling to see one's love getting real and being bonded forever". All eyes were on NK with raised eyebrows. NK didn't realize he had voiced his thoughts; Pavan recovered from his surprise and said "Really NK? I never knew you had such notions about love". Alexy and Sunny snorted, Akash looked confused while Khushi had a secretive and silent laugh in her eyes and NK looked sheepish. Anjali came to the group and informed that breakfast was ready. 

She was happy with lot of young people at home, it gave a cheerful atmosphere and with the wedding approaching, Maami and Nani could use the youngers help for planning and making the wedding a memorable event for Akash. "OK guys, take rest and gear up for the wedding, I will get going now. See you later" Pavan said as farewell but turned and in stern manner but with a smile gave his command to the group "listen all of you, behave well! No mischiefs! And Anju please don't join them, they are hand full of trouble without you joining them". Anjali rolled her eyes with a disbelief look at Pavan while all laughed at the last part of Pavan's comment. 

After breakfast and settling Sunny and Alexy at guessroom, Khushi was going to her room taking the bypass route through Arnav's poolside. She hadn't seen Arnav earlier at the corridor when Pavan was talking to her friends. She thought he might have left for the office; she had heard NK's reply to his call earlier but didn't know he knew about her friend's arrival or about her driving hence when she was whirled around and hit his chest, she was stunned and the newspaper flew out of her in to the pool. Before she could utter anything Arnav issued his command in soft but serious tone that she didn't dare to defy "Don't you dare drive again, this is not UK or US, its India and people here don't give a damn about the rules and traffic regulations. Hence take a driver when you want to go out, I shouldn't see you driving. Understood? The order was clear and she couldn't do anything other than shake her head in agreement. But she didn't plan to obey him completely. He could read that in her eyes, that resistance and protest was forming into words. He has locked her eyes within his and she couldn't withdraw from his hold and he didn't seem to leave her. 

She was going to question him. But as she squirmed in his hold and unintentionally moved her leg back, lost her footing as she was standing on the edge of the pool. This sudden and unexpected movement caused even Arnav to loose his balance since he was drowning in her eyes hence they both landed in the pool with a crash causing Nani and Anjali who was walking near by to run to poolside.

They both nearly laughed out loudly seeing their Chotte and Khushi completely drenched in the pool and fighting each other saying that
"its your fault" "
no, its your fault"
"you didn't leave me"
"you made me fall with you"
"why you had to hold me?"
"who told u to stand by the edge of the pool"

Nani and Anjali was highly amused watching this fight, it was Arnav who first noticed that they had audience hence he calmed down and started to climb back from the pool but khushi being khushi wouldn't stop, seeing Nani and ANjali she started complaining to them " Dadi, Di, Nanav pushed me to the pool" hearing this lie, Arnav turned to her and said "I didn't push you, stop lying Khushi. You pulled me to the pool". Khushi waded through the water and stood before Dadi pushing Arnav out of the way and said "No Dadi, I didn't pull him, he is the one who is lying. Actually he was angry with me for driving and was scolding me…"

"Enough!"Arnav cut off Khushi, he knew she was trying to get Dadi side with her and lift his ban for her driving. He climbed out of the pool and turned back and extended his hand to her "Come on, climb out of the water!"
Khushi folded her hands and glared at him, "no way! he is not going to get his way" she decided strongly in her mind. Arnav very well knew her this pose, it is when she is determined to get her way. "Look we can talk about it when you are changed" he put mildly but he had no intention to change his decision. Khushi was ready to start her denial when Dadi and Anjali intervened and she had to give up for their sake. She refused Arnav's hand to help her out telling him that she is not talking with him. Anjali and Nani saw Arnav's face which gave "not again Khushi" look and they smiled recalling Arnav's and Khushi's childhood fights. 

They very well knew their chotte only gave up his fight for Khushi, even now. Because Arnav sighed and agreed "Ok. You can drive….. but…. only when I am there in the car. Heard? No more arguments, go change" he said that and left the poolside before Khushi protested. Khushi wanted to fight but Dadi cooled her off and boosted Khushi's ego "Chalo! Accha bitiya, atleast he agreed that you could drive, tum ko patha hai na, he doesn't amend the changes he made but you made him". Even Anjali patted khushi's shoulder in appreciation "Dadi teek keha raha hai Khushi, Chotte doesn't even listen to me these days lekin u made him agree, great, now come on, you will catch cold if you remain in this dress"

It was while drying her hair with towel, she noticed the wooden box near her bed. Curiously she opened the box, it had a pair of ghungroo that looked exactly like her old ones which her mom and arnav's mom had made for her.

There was also a childhood photo of her dancing with a note in a very dirty handwriting, which could only belong to Arnav "Dance again". Khushi smiled through her tears.

The following 26 member(s) liked the above post:

kk10teessaunderground1hopalongPetunia11tubahussainzunaishaHemaSuryacutieprizara28saj111TinkJia..Sri..sd..lg..-Siaa-Tulipdulipmika17kinjalcp87arnshikirti123abivicky86Shamz94caskerzafiameena671EccentricaRasgulla_sp

dreamymaya Goldie
dreamymaya
dreamymaya

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 12:35am | IP Logged

Chapter 25

The Raizada ladies were out for wedding shopping with the groom and bride to be along with their parents. Pavan, Arnav and Aman had left for Hyderabad earlier that day for business purpose. 

Sunny was sitting on the swing, Alexy on the recliner by the poolside and NK pacing the poolside while all the 3 pairs of ears was tuned to what Vinay was saying through the iPhone 5 placed on the poolside tea table.
"Its complicated! Knowing Khushi she won't make a move or confess even if we all beg her for her happiness, you know her, she values others happiness than hers and then ASR from what I heard and saw, he is another complicated specimen like Khushi. I have no idea how he will react" Vinay said stating his conclusion.

NK waited no time in confiding to his best buddies regarding Khushi's matter. He was not going to sit back and watch his sister giving up her happiness; he knew he had to do something. For that he needed backup. NK knew that his friends have figured out few details during the Coimbatore trip hence he gave the flashbacks and the current scenario. NK wasn't surprised when Sunny told him that he had already spoken to Khushi regarding Arnav. If anyone could get close to Khushi like NK does, it was Sunny.

Vinay being the one who has real hands on experience in love matters was continuing his conclusions and drawing out solutions " The other one in this triangle is that model to whom ASR is engaged to. She sounded nice and seemed to be a pleasant kind when I met her during the reception. Its sad but we have no other option other than eliminate her from the scene, then the road is clear".

"Eliminate her means what?" Alexy asked in a panic tone, his eyes darted towards the phone.
Sunny laughed seeing Alexy's reaction while NK answered the question " Not what you thought Alexy, just talk and ask her to opt out".

"Thanks Guys!" La's voice floated towards the poolside. All the three heads turned hastily towards the poolside door where La stood facing the three guys with a warm amused smile. La had come for a surprise visit; her main aim was to know whether ASR talked to Di and Khushi about their fake engagement. HP had informed her that all were out for shopping except NK and friends. Since she had met them before, she thought to say a hi to them and had come to the poolside but their interesting talk made her halt near the door.

With a friendly smile she came near the trio while they stood with a guilty face for plotting against her.
"You know something? I really envy Khushi! She is so blessed with such a wonderful brother and great loyal friends" La said with a great admiration.
She turned to Sunny and continued "I noticed your gestures to make ASR jealous during that reception party at Coimbatore and tell you what? You succeeded too. He was damn jealous. Do you know why? She asked them with a secretive smile.
"Because he loves her" she answered happily while all three pairs of eyes looked her with stunned expression.
La looked them with mildly surprised expression, raised her eyebrows and asked "Oh Come on guys! Do you think I am a really dumb model? She rolled her eyes and sighed exasperatedly "Guys! I will share a secret with you. I dunno why you smart people haven't figured it out, well! Male brain works a bit slow I guess, Anyways, the point is ASR and me are not a couple, we are just friends. ASR needed Di to back off from pestering him with marriage proposals. She was worried for her brother naturally when Akash announced he was in love. Hence he asked me a small help to pretend as his fiance. We are not involved with each other romantically". She calmly explained her role in ASR's life to the three guys standing in front of her with wide eyes and surprised expression.

Sunny and NK had crushed La with their bear hug while Alexy stood aside with a wide smile on his face watching the scene before him.
 "Oh my god! You are a life savior! Sunny breathed out his relief while NK gratefully spoke to La " La dear! You have no idea, how much I love you this moment! I am so happy!" he shouted his happiness.
"La but something doesn't add up" Alexy voiced his thoughts
"What?" all three turned towards Alexy while Alexy pondered his thoughts "if you say ASR loves Khushi then why did he ask you to pretend as his fiance? He could have proposed Khushi. He didn't do that instead he created this unwanted confusion".
"Yes, I agree to Alexy" Vinay too voiced his thoughts through the phone "I don't think it was Di's persistence to get ASR married which made him ask you for help. I think there is something more to it, NK what do you feel?"

Nk thought for a moment about his friends comments and replied "As far I know Khushi, she always had a soft corner for ASR all through her life.  They were quite inseparable from their childhood days. But then the separation had been hard on her and Naanav stayed away from her for reasons unknown. But he was always in touch with me to know about her and I am certain he missed her like she did. I am sure he was aware of her feelings but when Di had told me about you La, I was surprised and to be honest a bit hurt too to know that he chose you over my siso".

"I am so sorry NK, I didn't have any idea about all this" La said apologetically. "I only knew Akash and Pavan from the family because I modeled for AR firm. Knew they were ASR's cousins. I met Anjali Di only few days before you people arrived. Until then I had no idea about his personal life. It was during our South India trip, I got to know he was concerned about Khushi and even guessed there were more feelings involved and I was right. Sunny's performance ignited the reactions I wanted and from then I was observing him and I got many clues which confirmed my intuition that he was indeed in love with Khushi. I spoke to him on Akash's engagement to break off all this fake drama involving me".
"What?" Alexy asked in surprise
"what did he say?" NK asked anxiously
"You really talked to that lion about calling off?" Sunny's eyes shone in true admiration for La's bravery.
"What was his response?" Vinay asked through phone.
The 4 at the same time responses to her statement stunned La; she smiled and answered "Relax guys! He agreed with me to call off our fake affair. I was hoping that he already told everyone. I had specially asked him to do it as soon as possible and specifically let Di and Khushi know ASAP".

Sunny who was near to La lifted her off her feet and twirled her around in happiness and when he put her down NK gave her another one of his bear hugs while Alexy's patted her shoulder and smiled radiantly at her. She was really shocked and surprised by this crazy response. NK made her sit in the recliner and went on his knee and holding her hand told her " Know something La? You did a great favor to all of us. We were very much upset about Khushi. She really loves Arnav a lot, and the only thing that was stopping her from expressing her love I think was that Arnav was committed to you. My sister would never be a cause of pain to someone, she will always give up her happiness for her loved ones and make others happy".
"Yes La, even when I forced her, challenged her to open up her feelings to ASR, she withheld all her feelings because she didn't want to hurt you". Sunny added with a proud smile recalling his friend's gesture.
La's eyes welled up with tears "I didn't know, I never wanted to come in between ASR and Khushi. She is such a sweet girl".
"Hey, easy now!" Alexy offered her some tissues.
"Ok Guys! Now its time for some action; since we are clear about the whole situation, lets think what shall we do to make the two idiots realize that they love each other?" Sunny urged his friends into a discussion to come up with a plan and before that he added looking at La "And La welcome to our group". He winked at her making her break into a smile through tears.

The shopping had gone until evening teatime and finally Nani who was exhausted ushered everyone to her favorite five star restaurant. Payal had informed her friends Anu and Adhiti that they were on the way to the restaurant and will meet them from there. Actually Adhiti wanted Khushi to perform with her during Payal's sangeet. She made the request during the tea and was waiting for Khushi's response. The Raizada ladies knew dance was something Khushi associated with her mother and it was hard for her to resume dancing. Pavan had mentioned to Dadi that Khushi had continued her dance lessons privately up on his insistence but she rarely danced hence they waited anxiously for Khushi's reply. Khushi's initial reaction to Adhiti's suggestion was denial but then when she saw all the faces surrounding her gloomy she remembered her new set of ghungaroo and The Note! "Ok! I am ready." She announced and saw instantly all the faces brightening up. "But one condition!". Khushi cautioned. All eyes were on her and she said her condition with a smile " Any of my bhais nor my friends, especially Bhai and Nannav should not know about this performance. It should be a surprise! Agreed?"

Coming up : The Mehendi and Sangeet!

A/N: I am not happy with this update. wanted to make it longer and Arshi filled but had to clear up certain things then only I could go ahead with the romance between our lead couple hence this is a filler. I hope you didn't get bored. Kindly bear with me. Those who have requested for Arshi romance, I promise in next update you will get your treat!

The following 20 member(s) liked the above post:

kk10Petunia11teessaunderground1zunaishasanayafan125HemaSurya..Sri..sd..lg..ambika94saj111TinkJiafamiyamika17kinjalcp87arnshiShamz94zafiameena671EccentricaRasgulla_sp

Go to top