BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
First post on this forum .. possibly cuz for the first time I found the underlayers I was looking for in KD and Kiya's relationship. When KD's dad slapped him , here's what I saw on ppl's face :

1. Ranveer - Spite, now sated. Hence the contemptuous 'smile'
2. Bobby  and Piddi - Shock 
3. Samar - Indifference
4. Kiya - Empathy ...

I think the only person in that corridor who felt the slap as much as KD did ... was Kiya . KD's dad, earthy as he is,  bruised his son's self-respect infront of his classmates by slapping him , and more than that reminded him of where he comes from , what he really is , a mere police officer's son ... Kiya's mom is too 'Posh' for such outright gestures , it wouldn't do for her to do such 'commoner' things , and most defnitely not in public. But by treating her younger daughter the way she does, like a mere shadow of her older daughter ... she hurts her just as much. 

Seeing the vitriolic looks KD and Kiya exchange day in and day out ... one wonders whatever could happen to bring them together ? One expects fireworks and some bang bang lovestory but I kind of feel aisa kuch nahin hoga ... its going to be a very low key and a very private affair .. born out of gentle empathy ... of sharing and understanding each others pain .. and by reminding each other that they are precious in their own rights, for who they are and what they mean to each other . No commoner status or Pop-star sister is going to take away from their importance as people in each others life . The empathy might just light the first embers of love .

Nothing romantic , but this is possibly my most favourite KD and Kiya scene till date :)
Edited by SwaRon911 - 11 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sups2222 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Yup me too think this way...Kiya was the only person in the corriodr todays who knew what it felt like ...though kiya might not have gotten slap by her mom but she had been treated like an outsider all this time...todays scene was superb loved it totally ...
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Ahhh You see, am saying this in almost every Post that I am yet to understand Kiya's Look completely but what i understood was that, kia saw a complete different type of parenthood in that moment. She belongs to the class of richies, they are tooo Big to slap their kids in front of the whole school or do any such "low-grade" thingie coz for her mother what matters the most is their PR and if she attempts any such thing it'll a big blow to it and thus her mother would rather taunt her, make her feel unwanted and bruise her childhood then hurt her physically! This sort of treatment made Kiya believe that she is the only one suffering such a thing but today when she saw KD getting slapped like that. It was something Tooo out of the box for her.
krittika23 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Ah, you're here :P !

I'll comment on your post once I see that scene :) 
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
To some extent I also felt Kiya was slightly jealous of KD. That his father would care enough about him to slap him (to slap your own child requires you to LOVE them enuff to react that violently when they let your expectations down) . Kiya's mom just keeps brushing her off like she's a nuisance to her otherwise perfect facade of being the perfect superstars perfect mom. She is LEAST bothered about Kiya . What Kiya does, what Kiya feels . For Mrs. Gujral its all about Anya. But KD's dad .. the slap was just the other side of the LOVE he feels for his son. So I guess Kiya would also KIND of envy KD ? Edited by SwaRon911 - 11 years ago
velvet.rain thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Ya ryt...i also don't want to show Kisha romance like other shows...like in jungle or party or he is wthout shirt and that all ...i want them to show simple and beautifull..just lyk u said.
.Comics_Music. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Rafi...good to see u here!!
And as always...bang on post!
I agree...Kiya felt empathy towards KD as she can feel the pain he suffers because both of them are in a way similar to each other in terms of treatment given to them by their parents...!!
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: SwaRon911

To some extent I also felt Kiya was slightly jealous of KD. That his father would care enough about him to slap him (to slap your own child requires you to LOVE them enuff to react that violently when they let your expectations down) . Kiya's mom just keeps brushing her off like she's a nuisance to her otherwise perfect facade of being the perfect superstars perfect mom. She is LEAST bothered about Kiya . What Kiya does, what Kiya feels . For Mrs. Gujral its all about Anya. But KD's dad .. the slap was just the other side of the LOVE he feels for his son. So I guess Kiya would also KIND of envy KD ?

Hmmm Sounds convincing!
I Think Kiya was astounded for a sec coz she had never faced such sort of moment in her life. She has witnessed that cold behaviour of her mom all her life so i guess, it didn't make much of a difference to her when her mother taunted her once again. She is pretty much convinced that Her mother doesn't love her and that's why she keeps trying to be the best to impress her mother. But when today when she saw, the topper of the class, the ultimate brainy getting slapped by his father in front of the whole school. She was confused, shocked, jealous and sympathy-stricken, She couldn't understand how could his father slap him in front of the whole school. She was jealous that this way atleast his father showed concern unlike her mother who kept telling the princi to hurry up. She couldn't help but sympathise with KD in whom she saw her own distinct image.
BarsaygaSaavan thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: kajen

She was jealous that this way atleast his father showed concern unlike her mother who kept telling the princi to hurry up. 

That's precisely what I'm talking about . 
Kiya's mom is always about hurrying past things and getting things over with where Kiya is concernered .. so that she can concentrate on ANYA. But KD's and his father ... things are far from over . For now his father let him know ho dissapointed he is in his son .. and they will take it from here at home. There will be a conversation over this at dinner ... or somthing aof the sorts . Where it will be about KD and what his father expects of him and how things went wrong. BUT Kiya will never have that. Her mother doesnt even care enuff to be DISAPPOINTED in her  .. let alone  DISCUSS anything with her  ! That is something KD has and Kiya will never have ... unless in some good time in the future ... KD can be the person to care enuff about her to give her that . ðŸ˜³
mindumplingss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Kiya Is the Only One Who understood dat Pain...  Bcz Kiya Knw dat.. .. Both r Going in a Similar Situation...  Kiya felt empathyEdited by RockStarHuda - 11 years ago