Incest | A Sin Or Not | (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 16

Freethinker112

IF-Sizzlerz

Freethinker112

Posted: 17 August 2012 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
@krystal_watz

Okay, there is no point in continuing because you won't change your beliefs and neither will I. But, I just wanna give you a last example of cruelty of social norms.

I will say that my example is going to be harsh but there is no other way. And remember, the situation is purely hypothetical and I do not wish any of the thing on you.

You are a girl, right? Let's say you or any girl is raped. It was not your fault, but the society will become different to you. People avoiding you, some friends behaving differently. Especially in Indian society, where the victims are ridiculed even by police. Or if you husband divorces you, people in Indian society loves to gossip about them and behave differently. Or let's say you are in love with a boy of different caste or religion, again social boycott on a simple matter of personal choice.

So, can you now see where I am coming from? It can be harsh to face social boycott when it's just a matter of personal preference. What two consenting adults do should be nobody's business.

Again, I do not wish any of the above to you, just trying to make you feel what it can be like to be in that situation.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 17 August 2012 at 10:12pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Samraat_92

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Incest | A Sin Or Not | (Page 8)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

zorrro

Goldie

zorrro

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:46am | IP Logged
Has human civilization reached a stage where it no longer needs any social norms Geek

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Aya.HawaaPot

krystal_watz

IF-Sizzlerz

krystal_watz

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 2:39am | IP Logged
The example you gave is where the keywords such as "logic" and "reasoning" come in. It's not my fault if I was raped, also the caste/religious differences are social peculiarities with no basic biological impact. Neither are they as central to our existance as parents or siblings. So social persecution would be illogical in both the cases.
I have repeated it thrice that Blood relations are way more basic than any other social conditioning. The MOST BASIC, which defines our existance and our ideas of relationship. Your argument would have held substance in the event of any other social norm/conditioning, but this is an exception that is one in its kind.
I repeat, those who are "not desperate for social approval" in your language, should not crib about the lack of it. Do you get it clearly?

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 3:55am | IP Logged
I don't get it .

If people have the right to do whatever the hell they want, then what's the point in having rules ? 

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Rules Are being Made By Us Only ,
And There Are Several Rules which None Of Us Follow ,
And ones feelings cant be murdered to just follow the rules ?
How one wants to live his /her life cant be define by any Rules ?

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:15am | IP Logged
I really don't wanna go through this again, but if we didn't make any rules, then everyone would act like animals !
Yes, there are rules that some people don't follow, but it's because they chose not too !

HawaaPot

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:24am | IP Logged
Yaa Exactly They Choose too Coz its One right and Opinion. . .
And being incest doesnt mean being an animal.
Dun use such word .
U think that they are wrong its ur POV.
Which is gud , nw if some1 say no u r against the rule than? Will rectify ur opinion or change it?

Samraat_92

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 18 August 2012 at 4:30am | IP Logged
Not always right . 
Not everything is considered a POV .
Incest is a very wrong thing . How is that considered a POV ?
That's like saying drinking is a POV even thou we all know where it can lead you to .
I'm against anything that doesn't get in the head . It's not an opinion .
It's called, making this world a better place ! ; )
Choosing what's good for you & leaving behind the bad things .

Edited by Aya. - 18 August 2012 at 4:30am

HawaaPot

Post Reply New Post

Go to top