Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Incest | A Sin Or Not | (Page 5)

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

I think we, as a society, have a very bad habit of defining normal things just by majority view. More people agree, then it is normal otherwise wrong or sin. But justbecausemost people believe in a thing doesn't make it right, just as the belief of everyone, inmedievaltimes, that Earth is flat was wrong.

I think if two people, adults, are doing something with mutual consent, nobody should interfere. Variation is the key of universe. We can't define a rigid normal, because there will always be exceptions. And who are we to judge who is wrong? Just because you two have different opinion, you decide yours is right and theirs is wrong? Remember, commonplace is not always right. Once Sati also used to be "normal therefore right".

Now, the children are more likely to get geneticabnormalities. So, it is unfair for a child to have problems because it was not his choice. And remember, normal marriage of unrelated people can also havegeneticbirth defect, so it is not a very good criteria to prove incest wrong. But, the people should not take any chance.

So, if an incestuous couple is mutually agreeing, and practices protection to avoid pregnancy, I am perfectly OK with that.

Now, bring the flame war!LOL

Don't you feel your argument is idealistic to the far extreme? And what about the ethical codes of relationships governing parent-child and sibling relationship? Would you, PERSONALLY, be okay with somebody who slept with their brother/sister?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

HawaaPot

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by krystal_watz

Don't you feel your argument is idealistic to the far extreme? And what about the ethical codes of relationships governing parent-child and sibling relationship? Would you, PERSONALLY, be okay with somebody who slept with their brother/sister?

Actually idealism is creating a code of conduct and expecting everyone to follow it against their own wishes. My argument takes the practical approach. People are gonna find a way to fulfill their desire, whatever you do. And it's not wrong if they are both willing. So, the most we can do is to see that no child is produced as of the result.

Yeah, if both are consenting adults, I would be very okay with them. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

sub_rosaDexterkilailaSamraat_92

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 14 August 2012 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
I'm sorry; but this is not a topic to take a purely theoretical approach to. The relationships we share with our parents and family members define our consciousness as civilized social beings. And no, having sex with a family member is NOT okay under ANY argument. As for mutual consent, it cannot be the benchmark for Right vs. Wrong. There is an unwritten code of ethics that surround familial relationships, and those are not to be transcended. No amount of reasoning can justify sister-brother or parent-child sex, sorry.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

HeartAya.HawaaPotbaz786

epiphany. IF-Sizzlerz
epiphany.
epiphany.

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 5:53am | IP Logged
Incest is gross but not a sin. Why would anyone call it a SIN? Stern Smile
krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:20am | IP Logged
^^Same thing.

baz786

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 9:26am | IP Logged

I'm sorry; but this is not a topic to take a purely theoretical approach to.

You are the one taking the theoretical approach, I am fully practical.

The relationships we share with our parents and family members define our consciousness as civilized social beings.

Rules of society means nothing but the norms of majority. just because most people doesn't like incest doesn't mean nobody does neither does it make them wrong. They are just not common. And incest is not "uncivilized". And no, consciousness and relationship are two different things.

And no, having sex with a family member is NOT okay under ANY argument.

Yeah, because everybody on Earth selected you to decide what everybody can or can't do. Wait, I missed that, when did that happen? If you don't like, nobody is forcing you to do it. Similarly you got no right to force anybody out of it.

As for mutual consent, it cannot be the benchmark for Right vs. Wrong.

So, mutual consent has no meaning? Okay then let's legalize rape, after all you are saying mutual consent is overrated. Let's allow other people to decide what is good for you.

There is an unwritten code of ethics that surround familial relationships, and those are not to be transcended.

Yeah, just like there was unwritten "code" regarding sati and other social malpractices. We eradicated them, and we will eradicate this too.

No amount of reasoning can justify sister-brother or parent-child sex, sorry.

And again, who do you think you are that people need to justify their sex life to you? Right, nobody.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

seoulbeatsmind-googlingRehanismAngel-likeDevilepiphany.DexterkilailaSamraat_92

krystal_watz IF-Sizzlerz
krystal_watz
krystal_watz

Posted: 15 August 2012 at 8:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

I'm sorry; but this is not a topic to take a purely theoretical approach to.

You are the one taking the theoretical approach, I am fully practical.

Yep, I know your "practical" approach. Respecting a mother-child relationship= Sati. How...PRACTICAL. Whereas any random person would puke at the very thought, you're trying to justify it and calling it "practical". **Edited: Personal attacks** Very practical.

The relationships we share with our parents and family members define our consciousness as civilized social beings.

Rules of society means nothing but the norms of majority. just because most people doesn't like incest doesn't mean nobody does neither does it make them wrong. They are just not common. And incest is not "uncivilized". And no, consciousness and relationship are two different things.
What deranged point are you making? Our parents give us life, nurture us emotionally and physically.

And no, having sex with a family member is NOT okay under ANY argument.

Yeah, because everybody on Earth selected you to decide what everybody can or can't do. Wait, I missed that, when did that happen? If you don't like, nobody is forcing you to do it. Similarly you got no right to force anybody out of it.

We got the right to puke at the thought of it and consider people indulging in it as mentally ill. Don't we?

As for mutual consent, it cannot be the benchmark for Right vs. Wrong.

So, mutual consent has no meaning? Okay then let'slegalizerape, after all you are saying mutual consent is overrated. Let's allow other people to decide what is good for you.
You need to have an idea of what you're saying. EVERY SINGLE thing we do, is dictated by society. You don't run naked in the streets, you don't crap on the road because SOCIETY tells you to have shame. Oh yeah, LAWS and LEGALITY are an extension of social mores. It's societal morality that tells you that murder/rape/ harming/emotionally hurting others is unethical. Animals kill without any inhibition. I guess by your warped logic, we should disband society and go back to living in the caves since every effin' thing you do is decided by the "SOCIETY". Huh?! Actually yep, we should legalize rape because "society considers it a crime." You are so lost, bro.

There is an unwritten code of ethics that surround familial relationships, and those are not to be transcended.

Yeah, just like there was unwritten "code" regarding sati and other social malpractices. We eradicated them, and we will eradicate this too.

Eradicate what? Not having sex with father/mother/sister/brother? You're messed in the head. Our parents give BIRTH to us, our relationship with them is the result of evolution of intelligence as well as morality. There's NO RELATIONSHIP considered higher in sanctity than the one a mother shares with her child. We owe our EXISTENCE to parents. Are you for real?

No amount of reasoning can justify sister-brother or parent-child sex, sorry.

And again, who do you think you are that people need to justify their sex life to you? Right, nobody.

I still hope you're making some sick joke. For the last time, we ARE talking about parents having sex with children. Wow. Please go see a psychiatrist. You're severely messed up.

Edited by souro - 05 September 2012 at 9:40pm

HawaaPot

Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 16 August 2012 at 2:05am | IP Logged

Yep, I know your "practical" approach. Respecting a mother-child relationship= Sati. How...PRACTICAL. Whereas any random person would puke at the very thought, you're trying to justify it and calling it "practical". Guess you wouldn't have a problem doing it with your mom. Very practical.

You need to comprehend better. If I am ok with something, it doesn't mean that I like it. I am ok with gay people, does not mean that I am gay. Similarly, if I am ok with incest it does not mean that I want incest. I fact, I think incest is gross and I can never even imagine doing it. But unlike you, I do not consider myself the de facto standard.

What deranged point are you making? Our parents give us life, nurture us emotionally and physically.

And where did I say they don't?

We got the right to puke at the thought of it and consider people indulging in it as mentally ill. Don't we?

Of course you got the right to "puke a the thought of it". You can consider it gross, and therefore are not forced to do it. But you got no right to stop people who like it.
And I would not go as far as considering them mentally ill, as they can say the same about you.

You need to have an idea of what you're saying. 

Oh, I have got the exact idea of what I am saying.

EVERY SINGLE thing we do, is dictated by society. 

Maybe you are too bound, but not everybody is like you.

You don't run naked in the streets, you don't crap on the road because SOCIETY tells you to have shame. 

That is the norm yes. But people can break it if they want, it is not compulsory to follow them.

Oh yeah, LAWS and LEGALITY are an extension of social mores..

People in various regions may have different cultures, but still the law is same for all in the country. 

It's societal morality that tells you that murder/rape/ harming/emotionally hurting others is unethical.

Nope, that depends on conscience. You think if there was nobody to tell you it was wrong, you won't feel it?

I guess by your warped logic, we should disband society and go back to living in the caves since every effin' thing you do is decided by the "SOCIETY".

That sentence makes no sense. Society is group of people, it has no relation with technological advancement. Back when we lived in jungles, we still had societies.

Actually yep, we should legalize rape because "society considers it a crime." You are so lost, bro.

You're the one who seems to be lost. You said we can't say a thing is right just because there is a mutual consent. That's why I retorted that if consent is of no value, rapist should not take it into account. That was by your warped logic.

Eradicate what? Not having sex with father/mother/sister/brother?

Again eradicating it does not mean that everybody has to do it. It means that if someone wants to do it they are allowed. There are many malpractices in society, and we have to improve it by removing them. People should be more tolerating.

You're messed in the head.

Actually, I was going to say that about you. You seem to be stuck in your messed mentality.

Our parents give BIRTH to us, our relationship with them is the result of evolution of intelligence as well as morality. There's NO RELATIONSHIP considered higher in sanctity than the one a mother shares with her child. We owe our EXISTENCE to parents. Are you for real? 

And where did I say that above was not true? I know we owe our existence to them. But that doesn't mean that if they want to have sex with each other, their relationship is no longer "pure". Going by that logic, husband-wife relationship should be the most filthy one. No, it is not.
Yes, it seems dirty to me too and I can't even think how could someone have sex with his mother. But that doesn't mean everyone's brains work like me. Maybe some find it good. Who am I to judge? And who are you to judge?

I still hope you're making some sick joke. For the last time, we ARE talking about parents having sex with children.

Nope, no joke. And yes I know, considering that is the topic of this thread.

Please go see a psychiatrist. You're severely messed up.

Actually, I couldn't because every psychiatrist in the world is too busy figuring out what's wrong with your brain.

Edited by Freethinker112 - 16 August 2012 at 2:06am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DexterkilailaSamraat_92

Go to top