Incest | A Sin Or Not | (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 16

joie de vivre

Goldie

joie de vivre

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 4:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

I think we, as a society, have a very bad habit of defining normal things just by majority view. More people agree, then it is normal otherwise wrong or sin. But just because most people believe in a thing doesn't make it right, just as the belief of everyone, in medieval times, that Earth is flat was wrong.

I think if two people, adults, are doing something with mutual consent, nobody should interfere. Variation is the key of universe. We can't define a rigid normal, because there will always be exceptions. And who are we to judge who is wrong? Just because you two have different opinion, you decide yours is right and theirs is wrong? Remember, commonplace is not always right. Once Sati also used to be "normal therefore right".

Now, the children are more likely to get genetic abnormalities. So, it is unfair for a child to have problems because it was not his choice. And remember, normal marriage of unrelated people can also have genetic birth defect, so it is not a very good criteria to prove incest wrong. But, the people should not take any chance.

So, if an incestuous couple is mutually agreeing, and practices protection to avoid pregnancy, I am perfectly OK with that. 

Now, bring the flame war! LOL

My bold.

Totally agree with that. 

It's funny, because I was talking with my mum yesterday, telling about the vicious and hateful Chick-fil A appreciation day thing we witnessed in the States, when homophobes proudly wore their hate on their sleeves and lined up to stuff their faces across the country. 

My mum, who was initially opposed to homosexuality but whom I'm somehow managed to convince went back to square one when I spoke to her about gay marriage, and insisted that marriage should be between one man and one woman. 

'If we begin to accept things like gay marriage,' she went on to tell me, 'then we might as well end up accepting incest as well and the world will come to an end if that happens', unwittingly trotting out a rather hackneyed counterargument that gets posited all too often by detractors of gay marriage.

The only issues people appear to have with incest is that a) genetic defects in offspring and b) they're just unable to wrap their heads round the concept of a brother and sister or mother and son in a sexual relationship. But human emotions and feelings aren't homogenous or something which can be pigeonholed into socially acceptable categories. Sometimes, when people grow up being too reliant on each other, or when they've been through an unconscionable amount of pain or suffering or trauma together, then yes, it's possible that they may end up feeling a lot more attached and connected to each other, and if sexual congress allows them an outlet to give expression to their feelings and helps them overcome their horrors, and furthermore, if they are consenting adults, and are taking all the necessary precautions to avoid pregnancy, then why should society have a problem with that? They are not harming anyone else,  are they? What they do with their private lives is their business alone.

I mean, if things such as fetishes, deviant sexuality, open relationships, polyamory and so forth are slowly starting to lose their social stigma, I'd say incest isn't far away. 

Edited by joie de vivre - 04 August 2012 at 4:44pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Rehanism

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Incest | A Sin Or Not | (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aya.

IF-Dazzler

Aya.

Posted: 04 August 2012 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankithate

Originally posted by Aya.

Even if you're not supporting it, your still encouraging such a thing to happen by saying, "it's ones own life, your decision !" Because they will not be aware of it when people say such things . This is how the human mind works & takes advantage of such things . By saying, "it's your own decision" means yes or no . & we want the answer to remain NO to prevent babies from coming out with any birth defect . I know a lot of people don't care, but we should learn to care for others . You wouldn't let such a thing happen between your son/daughter, but you'd let it happen to others . Because they mean nothing to you, but as much as you wish good health for your son/daughter, you should wish it for others too, even if you're not related to them, not be like, "it's your life ! do whatever the hell you wanna do !" NO ! There should be limits . Just because they enjoy it or are happy with it does not mean we should encourage it . Understand, that we shouldn't take decisions that are always based on pleasure and freedom of will . In a situation like this, there is no decision to make .

IN BLUE ,

I Wouldnt let that thing happen to me coz its a part of MY LIFE , so basically ITS MY DESICION. .
and yaa i would not interfear or comment on any other coz its THEIR LIFE !!
as WE get offend if some1 intrfear in our life the other one can also get offended too .!

But don't doctors interfere in our life & try to look out for what's best for us ? How would you like it if your doctor told you that they don't care about you, go make your own decision ? Again, as much as you'd wish to have good health, you should wish it for others & stop them from doing something bad . 
If something is bad for you & your offspring, common sense ! why on earth would you wanna do it ? You're stopping people from doing bad things, . If they get offended, then they're the ignorant ones . If someone gave me a good advice, I'd take it, not leave it ! This is how we learn from each other . You know what ? I really shouldn't expect anything from people, since they're capable of doing anything . First, gay marriage, now incest relationship, tomorrow they'll allow animal/human marriage ! I mean, who cares right ? "It's their life, their decision ." People say that they aren't harming anyone, but truth is, they're harming society, their offspring, peoples way of thinking, children, & most importantly themselves .
Humans know what is right & what is wrong, but they pretend to act stupid as hell !
We have a brain for a reason & we seriously should learn how to use it the correct way .
Nowadays, no one wants to stick up for what's right & what's wrong . Everything is just, whatever ! who cares ! *sigh*

Anyway, this is it from me .

Peace .

Edited by Aya. - 05 August 2012 at 12:01am

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 12:12am | IP Logged
@Aya

I Agree With Ur POV At Some Extent But Not Fully ,
anyways
But I do Respect Ur POV !

Peace

\/

Aya.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 12:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rehanism

Originally posted by Prometeus

Today , I would Ask All Members Here And Their POV On Incest.

Does Being An Incest is Crime ??

I Know We live in India , i Love ma culture and respect it Truely.
but the adoption western culture is fast , which has some positive and negative.

But incest is not that comes with western culture or other , according to survey of 2010 , out of 10 there is said to be 1 incest.
but nobody shows or let ppl know as they know no1 will appreciate and i agree its personal choice need not to tell anyone. !

BUT

Ma qustion is if a person said to be incest , should he have to be ashamed of himself ?? should he ??

Views Plz !

Those whos can support Lesbian/Gay marriage ...they can support these things also...cos they can say homosexuality was once regarded in the same manner as incest...!!

Don't you think you are being a tad bit presumptuous?

May be or May not be!!...But am conscious & aware of what am saying...! 

Aya.

Heart

Heart

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 12:31am | IP Logged

Today , I would Ask All Members Here And Their POV On Incest.

Does Being An Incest is Crime ??

I Know We live in India , i Love ma culture and respect it Truely.
but the adoption western culture is fast , which has some positive and negative.

But incest is not that comes with western culture or other , according to survey of 2010 , out of 10 there is said to be 1 incest.
but nobody shows or let ppl know as they know no1 will appreciate and i agree its personal choice need not to tell anyone. !

BUT

Ma qustion is if a person said to be incest , should he have to be ashamed of himself ?? should he ??

Views Plz !

It is morally and ethically wrong! 
Loving a family member and loving your partner are two totally different things, and if someone has confused the two, is surely disturbed. 
So lets hope the 1 out of 10 ratio does not increase! 

Edited by Heart - 05 August 2012 at 12:30am

HawaaPot

Angel-likeDevil

IF-Sizzlerz

Angel-likeDevil

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:59am | IP Logged
From my perspective, it is disgusting, and makes me too uncomfortable when I read such stuff. I have got no siblings, but I cant even imagine myself with my cousins. That is too far... I couldnt take it when the guys in my school... the guys whom I studied with all my childhood, the guys who I grew up with -- it was repelling when they'd flirt and bend towards romantic lovey-dovey direction... it still is disgusting to imagine myself going out with one of my schoolmates LOL ..that's MY perspective, my feelings.

BUT.

The people indulging in incest... I would not like to treat them as criminals. Why should they be segregated?

Mentally unstable and all that are secondary.

Firstly, sex is deeply personal. And no body has the right to judge a person's personal likes. So what if two people of the same blood are attracted? It is not causing any loss to you or the society or to ANYONE. Neither is it harming anyone?

Cultural values and all are too subjective. What might be moral to you, might not be moral to me. And besides, people indulging in incestious relationships are doing what they are doing because they want to. Respect others' personal life atleast! What is a culture when it does not let people enjoy their sex lives?! And who set the "guidelines" to be 'cultural' ?

People indulging in such things arent doing it all for fun... they do know what they're doing is socially incorrect, but still they succumb to their desires.. It is infact pitiful if he tries to 'fit-in' and live a lie in the society without protecting his desires, IMHO. Everyone on this planet cannot be alike. What is disgusting to you and me, might be a need for someone else.

Why not see his character than judge his sex life?

Time to atleast respect people's private lives... this is 21st century .

Edited by Angel-likeDevil - 05 August 2012 at 11:31am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

Ankithatesub_rosaRehanismmr.assFreethinker112DexterkilailaSamraat_92

Ankithate

Goldie

Ankithate

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angel-likeDevil

From my perspective, it is disgusting, and makes me too uncomfortable when I read such stuff. I have got no siblings, but I cant even imagine myself with my cousins. That is too far... I couldnt take it when the guys in my school... the guys whom I studied with all my childhood, the guys who I grew up with -- it was repelling when they'd flirt and bend towards romantic lovey-dovey direction... it still is disgusting to imagine myself going out with one of my schoolmates LOL ..that's MY perspective, my feelings.

BUT.

The people indulging in incest... I would not like to treat them as criminals. Why should they be segregated?

Mentally unstable and all that are secondary.

Firstly, sex is deeply personal. And no body has the right to judge a person's personal likes. So what if two people of the same blood are attracted? It is not causing any loss to you or the society or to ANYONE. Neither is it harming anyone?

Cultural values and all are too subjective. What might be moral to you, might not be moral to me. And besides, people indulging in incestious relationships are doing what they are doing because they want to. Respect others' personal life atleast! What is a culture when it does not let people enjoy their sex lives?! And who set the "guidelines" to be 'cultural' ?

People indulging in such things arent doing it all for fun... they do know what they're doing is socially incorrect, but still they succumb to their desires.. It is infact pitiful if he tries to 'fit-in' and live a lie in the society without protecting his desires, IMHO. Everyone on this planet cannot be alike. What is disgusting to you and me, might be a need for someone else.

Why not see his character than judge his sex life?

Time to atleast respect people's private lives... this is 21st century .

Agree !

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Angel-likeDevilSamraat_92

hot babe

hot babe

Posted: 11 August 2012 at 9:23am | IP Logged
I think it's definitely a sin, i.e. mother son relationship, father-daughter- sibling relations, aunt-nephew, uncle -niece, etc

however the 1st, 2nd cousin relationships aren't seen as incest by some as the blood relation isn't as strong, 

but i think the inter family relationships are a sin, its not permitted by any religion, to have a relation with your brother,n sister, daughter, mother, father, aunt, uncle or grandparent 

HawaaPot

Post Reply New Post

Go to top