Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Incest | A Sin Or Not | (Page 15)

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 4:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Xaffron-

I am sure, even an atheist has some morals and would never resort to such a cheap, disgusting act of fornicating with his family members.

First, I think your usage of the word atheist is too condescending, you seem to say that atheists are less moral by implying "even he has some moral". Strongly disagree. An atheist can be much more moral than a theist or vice versa. You cannot generalize.

Morality is subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is immoral. If nobody is harmed and there was mutual agreement, where does immorality come in? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

The-VoiceSamraat_92

Freethinker112 IF-Sizzlerz
Freethinker112
Freethinker112

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 4:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankithate

@FREETHINKER 

read above , 

The discussion was about the title and you not understanding the meaning of sin.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

The-Voice

The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 4:39am | IP Logged
@Ankithate: If you're going to use religious terminology to start your debate, you will end up getting answers based on them. So you're telling me you don't believe in religion, rather perceive it as a hypocritical doctrine, but are wise enough to use it to your convenience?

Right!
The-Voice IF-Sizzlerz
The-Voice
The-Voice

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 4:41am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Freethinker112

Originally posted by -Xaffron-

I am sure, even an atheist has some morals and would never resort to such a cheap, disgusting act of fornicating with his family members.

First, I think your usage of the word atheist is too condescending, you seem to say that atheists are less moral by implying "even he has some moral". Strongly disagree. An atheist can be much more moral than a theist or vice versa. You cannot generalize.

Morality is subjective. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it is immoral. If nobody is harmed and there was mutual agreement, where does immorality come in? 

I was implying "morals" with respect to sin. That's all. Perhaps, I didn't word it in a very convincing way.
zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 9:24am | IP Logged
This thread still going on Shocked 
Ankithate , did you reach any conclusion yet?
Ankithate Goldie
Ankithate
Ankithate

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 9:41am | IP Logged
@Zorro

Different People Different POV and Different Opinion.

everyone Do Has A Point !

Thats Why i guess This Thread Still Going On Wink
zorrro Goldie
zorrro
zorrro

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
@ Ankithate- 

arrey but what is your opinion? dont you think you should sum it up ?
BTW where did public party disappear? Confused 
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 28 September 2012 at 10:24am | IP Logged

From an evolutionary and anthropological concept I understand how incest went from being socially acceptable to a social and legal crime.

I have one question for religious views that deem incest as a sin. Judaism, Christianity and Islam deem incest a sin. At the same time they also state that all humans descended from Adam and Eve. That means the early humans had to have rampant incest. What is the reason for this contradiction?

Then I have questions for everyone. I could not even imagine doing it with distant cousins, let alone immediate family. The thought is puke-worthy. But at the same time I fail to realize why humans are socially conditioned this way. Barring genetic problems of inbreeding – why is it socially necessary for humans to separate familial relations and sexual relations? Long time ago our ancestors were totally bonking their family and getting it on with cousins, siblings, nephews, nieces what have you. I see that being impractical due to inbreeding. Also marriages became a means for expansion and cross cultural alliance, other families of equal status were more available , so people looked outside rather than in. But why did it become immoral?

Some other questions for everyone. Hypothetical scenarios.

-          If you were stranded on a desert island with an immediate relative. After a few years you give up hope of being rescued. You can survive on the island though. The question is – Is it Ok to sexually satisfy each other or not? Do you start a family and propagate your lineage or do you die out?  

-          There was a world war/nuclear holocaust/natural disaster and the only two humans living are you and an immediate relative. What is more obligatory refraining from incest or continuing the race?

I'd probably let humans die out because I'm so squeamish about incest. Even if a God came and told me I was morally obligated and it was the right thing, I'd probably die – for no good reason than my mind finds it icky.

Go to top