Mythological Masti

Rakhi ka Tyohaar

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

.anishaa.

IF-Dazzler

.anishaa.

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
I know there's already a Rakshabandhan thread on IF as a global announcement but I still want to wish all my mytho forum members a Happy Rakhi! Big smile
And I haven't been active here at all for the longest time! Missed you all!
So here's the topic of this post:
How do you celebrate Rakshabandhan? With your brothers or cousins? Do you have any special customs or traditions? Anything you do each year? Please share Smile I'll share mine in the next post.

Also please enjoy the following sweets and gorgeous rakhis :D
Anyways here are a ton of sweets and gorgeous rakhis for everyone!

My favorite jalebi ^ LOL

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuchcityoflights

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Rakhi ka Tyohaar" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

.anishaa.

IF-Dazzler

.anishaa.

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
So every year, since I don't have a brother, I tie rakhi to my cousins and usually we have people over (aunts) who tie it to my dad.
We eat penda, a yellow-colored sweet. Sometimes mohanthal which is really really good *my mouth waters when I think of it*

And of course we do a puja where we put a tikka on our brother/cousin's forehead...and tie rakhi to him. In our household everyone gets a rakhi tied to them after the brothers get them tied (even the girls). Afterwards we do aarti.  
And then my uncle gives me money on behalf of my cousin(s) because they're too little LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuchcityoflightsVishakha_Sakhi

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 12:28am | IP Logged
Many Many Wishes for a happy Rakshabandhan day Nishi.Hug

And Happy Rakshabandhan to all members of the forum and lots of love to Gunnu, Sema, Aishi, Janaki, Deepika, Vedo, Aishu, Varnita, Radhikerani, Aradhana, Parina, Akanksha, Varaali and all my sisters of the forum.Hug

We celebrate this festival in our family usually not today but on Sunday coming around this day (mostly it is the prior Sunday) like we have already done it this time too. Our celebration is within our home only and my bhabhi ties rakhi to me (so I am Chacha as well as Mama of my nephew Smile) and also my bua ties rakhi to me, my cousins (who stay along with me only in joint family) and my father and my uncle. We also change our thread (janeu) which I have done it today after taking bath with Gayatri mantra chanting.

I wait for this day impatiently (rather I wait for the evening ever since the morning of this day too) because most of my school-college sisters come to tie me with rakhi by the evening time. And since last year raksha bandhan, one student of mine also ties rakhi to me (one other student is also used to do that incidentally since 2 years ago) who came in the morning last year for 10 minutes and who also was going to come in the morning today but I have told her not to come today but on this Sunday so that we can meet for long time. She is not just my student but also highly spiritual friend of mine and God gift to me sent in the form of a CA student living very near to my house.HeartHug Day Dreaming So this year's rakshabandhan was an impatient wait for me specially for her (my youngest sister tying rakhi to me - 12 years younger to me) which I myself have prolonged for next couple of days.

Edited by ShivangBuch - 02 August 2012 at 12:33am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SoniyaSadhnaniDebipriyaUrmila11.anishaa.cityoflights

Urmila11

Urmila11

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 6:26am | IP Logged
Happy Rakshabandhan to all my devotee friends of this forum SmileHeart
I am single child of my parents. But I can never say that I have no brothers. From very early childhood I love Ramayan so much that I can easily see Lord Ram as my brother StarDay Dreaming So I have four brothers always loving & protecting me Smile I always offer my koti koti pranaam to Shri Ram, Shri Bharat, Shri Lakshman & Shri Shatrughna on Raksha bandhan  & my heart is offered as rakhi to them Smile

DebipriyaShivangBuch.anishaa.cityoflights

lola610

Viewbie

lola610

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 10:10pm | IP Logged
Reserved... until then, a very happy Rakshabandhan to all our brothers in the forum Hug

Urmila11ShivangBuch.anishaa.cityoflights

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 03 August 2012 at 8:26am | IP Logged
Happy Rakshabandhan to all.Hug
Nice topic AnishaEmbarrassed The third rakhi picture you posted looks almost exactly like the one I tied on my brother.LOL 

But usually me and my sister (Janaki) each tie a rakhi on our little brother and put a tikka on him and then we all do a small puja. Unfortunately all my cousin brothers live in India so I don't get to tie a rakhi on any of them though I send them a virtual one through facebook! :D

DebipriyaUrmila11ShivangBuch.anishaa.

varaali

IF-Dazzler

varaali

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ShivangBuch

And Happy Rakshabandhan to all members of the forum and lots of love to Gunnu, Sema, Aishi, Janaki, Deepika, Vedo, Aishu, Varnita, Radhikerani, Aradhana, Parina, Akanksha, Varaali and all my sisters of the forum.Hug

Ah... Thank you Shivang, that would make this my first Raksha Bandhan. Smile 

And how exactly is this festival celebrated (apart from  tying of the rakhi)? I don't think there are any religious rituals here are there? 

Of course in our custom too, Shravana Poornima is the day when the menfolk change their yagnopavitha. The Gayatri Japa takes place the next day.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaShivangBuch.anishaa.

ShivangBuch

Goldie

ShivangBuch

Posted: 05 August 2012 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
Yes Varaali. We exactly do the same jo maine meri post me mention kiya tha. We change our Yagnopavit with 11 times reciting of Gayatri mantra. That's the only other ritual.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Debipriya.anishaa.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.