Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 12:50pm | IP Logged

Ronit Roy rubbishes fallout with Ekta Kapoor rumours

Priyanka Naithani, TNN | Aug 1, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Ronit Roy rubbishes fallout with Ekta Kapoor rumours
Ronit Roy More Pics
He was once the badshah of Indian television. With a flop film career, Ronit Roy entered television as Rishabh Bajaj and changed the scenario completely.

However, after ruling for 10 years, he has now been ousted by Ram Kapoor who is currently dominating the small screen. But then Ronit is on a high these days. Post the success of Udaantwo years ago, the actor will now be seen in Deepa Mehta's Midnight's Children where he plays Ahmed Sinai the father of midnight's child.

Ronit revealed that he met Salman Rushdie (the author of Midnight's Children) at Deepa's place in Toronto last year. "I met Salman but my interaction was limited. In fact, I haven't read Midnight's Children because I did not want to get confused about the character I portray. However, Deepa gave me a couple of Salman's books to read before we started shooting."

Talking about his experience, Ronit says: "It was a great learning experience working with the international unit and Deepa is fantastic."And this isn't all. Ronit also has his plate full withShootout at Wadala where he plays a cop. "This will be different from Udaan and Midnight's... I will be playing Raja Tambat, a cop. And, the storyline is based on the 1982 shootout when criminal Manya Surve was killed."

So has he called it quits from the small screen? "Not really. But a daily soap needs much more commitment. So currently I am focusing on the biweekly show Adaalat which is equally time consuming and takes almost seven days to complete one story." And he rubbishes talks of a fallout with Ekta Kapoor. "Even though I am not working in her soaps, my association with her is still quite strong," he signs off.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

nanimeera19ayeshakdPrincess13.fri42911prerna4rishav

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "TOI: Ronit rubishes rumors of fallout with Ekta" in Adaalat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

iMini

IF-Sizzlerz

iMini

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 2:22am | IP Logged
who is the one having the misunderstanding that ram kapoor is dominating indian TV??
he is doing just one show na?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Princess13.rimi10prerna4rishav

Princess13.

Goldie

Princess13.

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 6:44am | IP Logged
Literally, as in comparing RK, who's currently doing a popular daily show, to the king and czar of television is totally absurd.
BTW thanks for the article. Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

iMiniprerna4rishavShaina_b

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 8:30am | IP Logged
What the hell is this!

RR can't be compared to anyone. RK is doing just one show and I don't think his character has something like versatility which RR's every character has. Rishabh Bajaj is greater than all the characters he would have done.

RR is perfect in every role!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ayeshakdrimi10Princess13....-Shreya-...iMiniprerna4rishav

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Someone's mention in this article drives me in the departed past :(

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

prerna4rishav

...-Shreya-...

IF-Dazzler

...-Shreya-...

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
I hate Ekta!

Also, Ram Kapoor is nowhere near the Amitabh to tv.

prerna4rishav

...-Shreya-...

IF-Dazzler

...-Shreya-...

Posted: 01 August 2012 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Shruti

Someone's mention in this article drives me in the departed past :(
Rishabh Bajaj?

prerna4rishav

-Shruti

Coolbie

-Shruti

Posted: 02 August 2012 at 12:02am | IP Logged
I don't hate her, creation of Rishabh Bajaj is the only reason. He's her best character :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

meera19prerna4rishav

Post Reply New Post

Go to top