Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Thanks Wissen who gave me this link

NDTV was the co owner of Imagine TV which got shut down abruptly

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/nielsen-sued-billions-manipulated-ratings-355829

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

lidvinJustShantaKalapiForeverSHINeeShell16-Nakshatra-manzilmukul~~~~likarshpyar-ishk

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Manipulated TRPs very interesting article" in Phir Subah Hogi forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

likarsh

IF-Sizzlerz

likarsh

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:13am | IP Logged
Just to be more specific, it used to own Imagine when it was NDTV Imagine.  Then NDTV sold Imagine to Turner.

Thanks for the article. Interesting stuff indeed.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhov-Nakshatra-

JustShanta

Goldie

JustShanta

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:41am | IP Logged
East n West shall meet, greed sure makes the world smaller !

Thank u Wissen  n Chalhov

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhov

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
Wow...that is interesting read.  It amazes me that they thought viewership data of 8000 households was an adequate sample for billion plus people watching tv in India.  How did they get away with it for so long?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PutijaChalhovForeverSHINeepyar-ishk

PutijaChalhov

Coolbie

PutijaChalhov

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
IT is a very interesting article what is known on an unofficial level nice to see it in black and white.lot of controversies about TAM that is the reason govt is now widening the sample as now it is tabulated from very few households and as you know NDTV had to close Imagine channel due to low trps so no wonder they are going in for a legal case.

Shell they are not only ruling India but also the world viewing as once the show stops in India it stops wherever it is telelcast in the entire world

Edited by chalhov - 31 July 2012 at 7:16pm

Shell16

Shell16

IF-Rockerz

Shell16

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Not to be disrespectful of shows that are doing well in the TRP world...but I have always wondered why some very horrible shows rule the charts for a very long time.  It never made sense...but now it does. 

PutijaChalhov-Nakshatra-pyar-ishk

pyar-ishk

IF-Stunnerz

pyar-ishk

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Shell16

Not to be disrespectful of shows that are doing well in the TRP world...but I have always wondered why some very horrible shows rule the charts for a very long time.  It never made sense...but now it does. 

Shell being honest isn't disrespectful at all. Out of curiosity I checked out those shows ruling that charts, lets just say my eyes and ears still hasn't recover from the trauma Ouch

PutijaChalhovForeverSHINeeShell16

lidvin

Goldie

lidvin

Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
thanks for the article.  Interesting.

PutijaChalhov

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.