Anoli

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 7:00am | IP Logged
No regrets, says Nausheen
   By: Shaheen Parkar
   May 3, 2005

shaheen@mid-day.com
Nausheen Ali Sardar with her dogs, Simba and Bambi
Pic: Santosh Harhare
Ever since she quit the Sony show in February last year, the buzz was that Nausheen Ali Sardar would be back in and as Kkusum.

But, when she was actually recalled, Nausheen found she could not take up the title role in the Balaji daily due to contractual obligations with Star Plus.

She currently has a triple role in the Star weekly KalCchakra. HitList speaks to the actress who was Kkusum…

How have you taken the whole Kkusum episode?
I have had no time to ponder and pontificate about why I am not back in Kkusum. I've been so busy at home with my dogs, Simba and Bambi. Both of them have had pups and there are seven in all. I have to find new owners for them now.

But surely you regret missing out on the role?
I have no regrets. It was I who decided to opt out of Kkusum last year, and I who said yes to the return. Life is a learning experience. I hold no grudges against anyone. I don't want to sound filmi by saying all this; it's just that life teaches you many things. And this whole thing has been a learning experience.

What exactly went wrong?
I am under contract with Star, which expires in August. KalCchakra was recently cut short from a weekly, one-hour episode, to half-hour episodes. I thought if I had finished off with my shoot for KaalCchakra, I could take on something new. But Star does not want me to take on any new projects till KalCchkara is on air.

Are you still shooting for KalCchakra?
There are just about 10 days of shoot remaining for me.

Was taking on KalCchakra a wrong decision?
How can you say that? When you take on something new, it is a gamble. Who knows how a show will do beforehand?

Not many people knew that you were in KalCchakra.
Yes, I am aware of it. People would tell me that after Kkusum, you are not doing anything! I had to tell them about the show and when it airs.

Do you think the show was not promoted well?
All that I can say is, the promotion of a show goes a long way.

What's happening on the film front?
In the next few days, my film Do Dilo Ke Khel Mein goes on the floors, directed by Akash Pandey and produced by Wajahat Kareem. He earlier produced the thriller Soch, with Sanjay Kapoor and Raveena Tandon. Opposite me is Rohit Nayyar, who featured in Nabhkumar Raju's film Chot.

You were slated to star in Shadab Khan's Accident.
Yes. He would regularly tell me that I was on for the project as he sorted out the rest of the cast and production. Then I come to know he's working with another actress. He could have just called and told me about it. He is the director; he can choose anyone he wants.

You did two plays last year, Kkusum Manhar Lele and Maar Diya Jaay Ya Chhod Diya Jaay. Are you doing more theatre?
Theatre requires a lot of commitment, rehearsals and time. At the moment, for the next three months, I'll be busy shooting for the film.

shaheen@mid-day.com

The Star Plus version

When asked about Nausheen Ali Sardar and her contract with the channel, Shailja Kejriwal, creative director, Star Plus, says, "Nausheen's contract is with Star Plus till August 2006.

We have had no meeting with her. As far as KalCchakra is concerned, we have not taken any decision about the show yet."

TAKE CARE

ANOLI

XXX

dreamerrrrr IF-Dazzler
dreamerrrrr
dreamerrrrr

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 11:03am | IP Logged

hhhhhhhmmmmm

thanx for dat Big smile

ejaz fan 609 Senior Member
ejaz fan 609
ejaz fan 609

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 4:35pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the article!
Maan-Diwani IF-Rockerz
Maan-Diwani
Maan-Diwani

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 5:15pm | IP Logged
what film is she going to be in Confused
icy_devil IF-Dazzler
icy_devil
icy_devil

Posted: 03 May 2005 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
thx's 4 the article....Tongue
Anoli IF-Sizzlerz
Anoli
Anoli

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 9:28am | IP Logged

MY PLEASURE!!!Smile

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry 

I HATE U NAUSHEEN!!!

Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry 

TAKE CARE

ANOLI

XXX

sukh IF-Rockerz
sukh
sukh

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 11:13am | IP Logged
thax anoli.
ALLboutLOVE54 Groupbie
ALLboutLOVE54
ALLboutLOVE54

Posted: 05 May 2005 at 2:16pm | IP Logged