Debate Mansion

Blah Blah corner V - super jobless fingers attack! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 154

Page 1
Page   of 154
Page 3 Page 154

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 7:55am | IP Logged
Congo Shongo. Spam till you die ! LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Blah Blah corner V - super jobless fingers attack! (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 8:16am | IP Logged

My take on Olympics

- I have never been to UK so was nice to see London. Looks like a good place.

- James Bond is not even 10% of old James Bonds like Sean Connory or Roger Moore. They were more classy with great voice and mannerisms. This bond looked more like a wrestler the way he was walking and I could barely hear his voice.

- The Queen act was ok. No one (at lease not me lol) wants to see 90 year old gran jumping from helicopter. It was visually not good lol. She could have been used in a better way

- The opening ceremony was boring however maybe they were showing their culture.

- It was more like a oscar ceremony as too much focus was on music, movies, songs, dance.

- Desi teams were shown for few seconds. India is a huge country and I personally believe it was disrespectful to show only few seconds.

- I was dissapointed by Pakistan entry as well. The proper dressing should have been in sherwani if they wanted to show their culture. Plain shalwar kameez is not formal dress lol.

- It looks like there are issues with seats as not enough people are watching it in person lol.  

Overall point is. It is okay nothing great.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

RainbowWarriormr.assDulceTentacion.Arwen.

Boogle.Schiz

Boogle.Schiz

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 8:25am | IP Logged
Going to watch women's hockey tomorrow morning :) And also going to go see the paralympic athletics game on the 5th of September...I'm actually more excited for that.

hindu4lyfForever-KArahmona_paksweDulceTentacion.

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 9:22am | IP Logged
Haha! the Queen jumping out of the helicopter was hilarious. 

Edited by DulceTentacion. - 30 July 2012 at 9:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

DulceTentacion.

IF-Sizzlerz

DulceTentacion.

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 9:29am | IP Logged
I enjoy watching the Swimming Olympics, although i find the paralympic Olympics quite cool.  Hockey brings back sweet bitter memories, at school i was once whacked on the arm by a hockey stick *ouch* during P.E. Hockey was always fun to play, everyone used to become so aggressive lol. LOL

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Boogle.SchizForever-KA

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 12:22pm | IP Logged
I think the point of the Queen act was to get people talking. Half the office today was discussing whether it was really the Queen that jumped off or someone else lol. The world has this huge obsession with all things British so it was smart to go with the British theme. Just look at the media coverage of Kate and William's wedding and the whole Jubilee weekend.

Regarding the small amount of screen time Team India got, I agree it was disappointing. (so was the yellow sarees) there was a lot more controversy surrounding the girl in red than the amount of screen time lol.

Ok so the seat problem? Well, 75% of seats are allocated to the general public and are virtually all sold out. 15% are allocated to sponsors like McD's, EDF, CocaCola etc and it is their responsibility to distribute those tickets either via promotions or by other means e.g. giving them to corporate clients.

India wins its first medal! :D shame about the hockey and archery today. I feel bad for Tom Daley too. :(

Boogle.SchizRainbowWarriorForever-KADulceTentacion.

Arwen.

IF-Sizzlerz

Arwen.

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
Woah Pakistan drew Spain? I hope they do even better :D it will be fun lol

@Anu - agree to u abt pk dress ..it actually reminded me of the singers singing patriotic songs during Pakistan day parade lol .. Same dress except ptv insignia wa replaced by pk flag .. Still it was a slight improvement on the blazers they used to wear .. I was more disappointed by the ladies dress .. They looked like airhostesses :| oh well .. I hope we see a better dresses next tym

About screen time .. I guess it depends more on the size of the contigent and not the country itself :s I remember thinking that they (Indian contigent) looked absolutely miserable .. I mean they look fine in pix but not so much live on tv

Has the mystery of lady in red been solved yet lol?

Congo on the the medal :)

And I loved the opening ceremony .. May be because it was so British lol .. I still haven't watched the full thing ... I guess repeats will come after the olympics are over

And why am I so anxious about Brit victories this year lol? For some reason I m almost as excited about their bronze in gymnastics as ordinary Brits :p weird huh :s?

Edited by Arwen. - 30 July 2012 at 12:41pm

Boogle.SchizForever-KArahmona_paksweDulceTentacion.

Forever-KA

IF-Rockerz

Forever-KA

Posted: 30 July 2012 at 12:44pm | IP Logged
ok thank you girls for the explanation.

H: yes world has huge obession with British however "main hon hi nahi is duniya ka" lol.

A: I didnt get to see the ladies as time was too short. The dress should not be too loose. This is why formal dress is sherwani.

In any case no big deal. One thing I liked was effort put by all. We cannot take away that.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Arwen.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top