Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   
Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

Blah Blah corner V - super jobless fingers attack! (Page 117)

mr.ass IF-Rockerz
mr.ass
mr.ass

Joined: 27 October 2008
Posts: 9469

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 6:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

How come IF only accepts letters from English alphabet and not other languages? It's been bothering me for years!!! Sometimes I want to write a word that requires foreign letters and they are not accepted.


Talking in any other language beside English is not permitted here if I am right.


By "here" if you mean DM, then maybe, but in saregamapa we had all sorts of villagers. ugh

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 24456

Posted: 22 November 2012 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
OMG! Kitty and Marley performing "Holding Out for a Hero". The next best thing since Sebastian and Santana in "Smooth Criminal". Kitty and Marley might be the next best thing since Faberry!
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Joined: 28 March 2007
Posts: 14666

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 6:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

How come IF only accepts letters from English alphabet and not other languages? It's been bothering me for years!!! Sometimes I want to write a word that requires foreign letters and they are not accepted.


Talking in any other language beside English is not permitted here if I am right.

there are enough french german spanish chat clubs here.
Permitted is one thing and allowing the scripts is another thing. Even in english, there are certain foreign words like french words which require french alphabets. rememeber levee from geography

Its not about language, its about allowing the scripts in website.

I tried to spell Maxmueller the other day while debating with polki, and the u was gone, because it was u umlaut. It looks like I made a spelling mistake.

MATLAB a programming software which only allows programming in English, also has options for other  letters , people use them in comment all the time.
We are not even talking about chinese, arabic, or Indian letters, only latin based letters. how hard is it to implement a code?
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Joined: 28 March 2007
Posts: 14666

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 6:30am | IP Logged
 So that twilight final movie has released, how good is it?

How is the fan madness?

Arwen. IF-Sizzlerz
Arwen.
Arwen.

Joined: 30 September 2008
Posts: 13462

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 6:39am | IP Logged
hi and bye Smile


laptop is acting up again and i can't figure out if it's hardware or hard drive Unhappy

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

LeadNitrate

return_to_hades IF-Sizzlerz
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Joined: 18 January 2006
Posts: 24456

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 10:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by tannipartner

there are enough french german spanish chat clubs here.


I didn't know there were foreign language clubs. That means I can go bash in foreign language. A lot of forums do not allow foreign languages for the reason that foreign languages cannot be moderated unless you have a speaker of that language.

Originally posted by tannipartner

Permitted is one thing and allowing the scripts is another thing. Even in english, there are certain foreign words like french words which require french alphabets. rememeber levee from geography

Its not about language, its about allowing the scripts in website.

I tried to spell Maxmueller the other day while debating with polki, and the u was gone, because it was u umlaut. It looks like I made a spelling mistake.


That is my problem with IF as well. It doesn't allow words like fiance. It is not as if we expect them to support Devanagari or Cyrillic scripts - just support accents, apostrophes used in English words.

That isn't the only problem with IF. It is a very clunky platform. There are barely any security features like proxy blocking etc. I think the admin is just too lazy and stingy to invest in better code.


Edited by return_to_hades - 23 November 2012 at 10:04am
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Joined: 28 March 2007
Posts: 14666

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I didn't know there were foreign language clubs. That means I can go bash in foreign language. A lot of forums do not allow foreign languages for the reason that foreign languages cannot be moderated unless you have a speaker of that language. 

yes, i dont know what is going on now, but until a couple of years back i regularly chatted in german chat club and then i noticed french etc as well. I chatted there to increase my vocab.


Originally posted by return_to_hades

That is my problem with IF as well. It doesn't allow words like fiance. It is not as if we expect them to support Devanagari or Cyrillic scripts - just support accents, apostrophes used in English words. 

exactly, even fb google r improving. And it is not like we are asking support arabic scripts or indian scripts. its just a matter of a code line.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

That isn't the only problem with IF. It is a very clunky platform. There are barely any security features like proxy blocking etc. I think the admin is just too lazy and stingy to invest in better code.

Yeah well, thats another huge topic altogether. much has been debated on it. The reason half of the moderators time go on running behind MIDs and nuisance makers who keep coming back.

I would be happy if If finally launches a smart phone app. I  hate signing out and signing in over and over again.

There aren't even new forums header forums other than tv shows as well.
LeadNitrate IF-Sizzlerz
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Joined: 28 March 2007
Posts: 14666

Posted: 23 November 2012 at 10:28am | IP Logged
Life of PI, I am so gonna watch you in 3DDay Dreaming

Just finished the book finally
wonderful.

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Blah Blah Corner 2(Chat till your fingers die):

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 136 137

Author: Aahaana   Replies: 1088   Views: 64147

Aahaana 1088 64147 18 February 2012 at 11:13pm by souro
Blah Blah Corner (Chat till your fingers die):

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 151 152

Author: mr.ass   Replies: 1209   Views: 76873

mr.ass 1209 76873 09 September 2011 at 3:34pm by Aahaana
Hindus under attack in India..secular beast

Author: dramebaaz   Replies: 0   Views: 833

dramebaaz 0 833 19 September 2010 at 9:44am by dramebaaz
No rings on fingers, no bells on toes

2 3 4 5 6 7

Author: SValeCalGal   Replies: 54   Views: 9082

SValeCalGal 54 9082 24 April 2010 at 4:22am by _Angie_
Why are some people so jobless in life ?

2 3 4 5

Author: .DontKnow.   Replies: 35   Views: 3651

.DontKnow. 35 3651 21 January 2010 at 5:24am by chimuli

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index