Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Blah Blah corner V - super jobless fingers attack! (Page 113)

DulceTentacion. IF-Sizzlerz
DulceTentacion.
DulceTentacion.

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 5:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I watched Jab Tak Hai Jaan. I did enjoy the movie. I actually do think it is one of SRK's better roles. He is not really as over the top as he gets in other movies. He's a lot more restrained.

The story did resonate with me on some levels. One of my pet peeves with people of faith is how much they revolve everything around God, blaming God, thanking God, making deals with God that they completely forget the human emotions and feelings at stake.

The second half of the movie dragged though. It could have been wrapped up with much more finesse. And I really didn't like how the story ends. Life doesn't give second chances. People who leave behind love for foolish beliefs don't deserve to find that love again.

The most unrealistic was the London bomb detonation. As if they are going to let some random Indian man come detonate a bomb for them.

I didn't think the movie supported philandering. It showed both sides of it. In the negative side it showed a girl who has to grow up without a mother. A bitter father and a broken family. On the other side it shows the emotions and reasons behind why some people leave their families. I found that aspect touchingly done. You simply cannot expect two strangers to marry and live a happy life together. Love doesn't work that way.

What can I do, I'm a romantic and these kind of movies appeal to the sappiness within me.

Whats your take on Kat? Did she do justice to the role? Any improvements in the acting department? I hear allot of critics gave her the negatives :/
rahmona_pakswe IF-Sizzlerz
rahmona_pakswe
rahmona_pakswe

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:13am | IP Logged
I finally decided to watch sequels to "Man Som Hatar Kvinnor" (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo) in Swedish. Both "Flickan Som Lekte Med Elden" (The Girl Who Played With Fire) and "Luftslottet Som Sprangdes" (The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest) were absolutely amazing. They had me on the edge of my seat! Conspiracy, secret police, lies, revenge, false accusations and in the middle a tough kick-a** woman. It's completely understandable that Hollywood did an English remake. However I must thank the late Stieg Larsson for writing Millenium Trilogy which resulted in some great films.

Someday I WILL read all three books...I just need to find them in Swedish first which is slightly difficult here in London and I don't want to read in English when I can read in it's original language. Buying books is not an option as I rarely re-read a book.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

return_to_hades

-Believe- IF-Stunnerz
-Believe-
-Believe-

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rahmona_pakswe

Originally posted by Arwen.

Mona, that vdo u embedded, its all 4 goals right? could u post the url? i'll bookmark it so when ban is lifted, i'll know where to go LOL

I dunno why the ban hasnt been lifted yet... dude move on already ... apparently it will be lifted soon but not sure when Ouch
Nah, it's only the 4th goal. You can get the link anyway.

Hopefully the ban will be lifted soon. --I think it will remain suspended until the film is removed!

LeadNitrate IF-Veteran Member
LeadNitrate
LeadNitrate

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 6:59am | IP Logged
Yesterday was Fc Nuremberg vs Fc Bayern match. and this can only happen in germany. RAF police was all over the train station and all important points. each corner had 3 policemen at the minimumROFL

personal note, did a proper classical performance oin stage after a lonng time after a lot of coaxing from my teacher yesterday. And rocked it.Cool
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DulceTentacion.

Whats your take on Kat? Did she do justice to the role? Any improvements in the acting department? I hear allot of critics gave her the negatives :/

Kat was strictly OK. I think the acting has improved, especially how she delivers her dialogs. But she has a long way to go. Her character does not have likable traits. It needed a good actress to make people empathize with her, but she failed at it.

LeadNitrate

Beyond_the_Veil IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 11:14am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

K.Universe.

K.Universe. Goldie
K.Universe.
K.Universe.

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 12:02pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Beyond_the_Veil

Originally posted by return_to_hades

What can I do, I'm a romantic and these kind of movies appeal to the sappiness within me.

ConfusedShocked

Ignore that message. Someone clearly hacked into her account.

Beyond_the_Veil

K.Universe. Goldie
K.Universe.
K.Universe.

Posted: 18 November 2012 at 12:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by mr.ass

homosexuality is so gay! 

You seem to have more free time than Mitt Romney now-a-days to come up with these "gems" of one-liners...

mr.ass

Go to top