Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

I can't play an older character on TV: Nandish Sandhu

Shruti Jambhekar, TNN | Jul 28, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:Uttaran|Phir Subah Hogi|Nandish Sandhu|Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5
Tweet
I can't play an older character on TV: Nandish Sandhu
Nandish Sandhu
Though his acting career began with Kasturi, but his claim to fame was when he played Veer in the daily soap, Uttaran. 

When the show took a generation leap, couple of months back, Nandish decided to quit the show. And now, he is back in limelight, after replacingd Anuj Sachdeva in Phir Subah Hogi.Excerpts from a chat:

You decided to take up a role replacement which was donned by Anuj Sachdeva in Phir Subah Hogi.
I liked the storyline, the concept as well as the character. This role is something I've never done earlier so I decided to take it up. Ofcourse it is challenge to step into someone else's shoes and there will be certain limitations too as far as playing this character is concerned. But, I'm sure audience will accept me in this role.

Considering the fact that you, Rashami Desai and Tina Dutta took Uttaran to a popularity high, now when you watch Vikas Bhalla essaying the role of Veer, what comes to your mind?
I think Vikas is well-suited for this character. I'm happy to see him as Veer. I wasn't comfortable playing a 45-year-old, and my producer Rupali Guha could sense that. She herself kept an option for me if I wanted to quit. And I decided to leave the soap because I feel the real Nandish would've been overshadowed if I played an old character. Also, I feel had I continued with the leap, my chances of playing young guy in any other show would've got hampered.

So what did you do in last three months post quitting the show?
l This was a much deserved break. I spent most of my time with my wife Rashami (Desai Sandhu). We went to Malaysia, Vaishnodevi and my hometown to be with my family as I miss them most. I enjoyed polishing my photography skills also, I cooked many continental dishes for Rashami. Also, I had started learning freestyle dance and just then this role landed into my kitty.

We heard you and Rashami are turning producers...
I really don't know how this rumour came into spotlight. Rashami and I were approached for a show and that's why we went to meet the channel — and the next thing we know, there're rumours that we are producing some show. I do plan to turn a producer somewhere in future — but nothing like that currently. Also, I'm sure about one thing, even if I take up production — I'll never quit acting. I'll juggle between production and acting.

Any other future plans?
I will move to the big screen. I'm meeting few producers, if something interesting comes my way — I'll definitely become part of B-Town. Although, that doesn't mean I'll quit television — I'll continue to do TV shows as well.

Rashami is participating in Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 5. How excited are you about it?
I'm so happy for her. She loves to dance and she's pretty good with her dancing skills. She's been approached as a wild card entry, but I'm sure she'll definitely make it to be a contestant. You know if I ask her to make a choice between shopping, vacationing and dancing — she'll pick up dancing — she's that crazy about and Jhalak's an awesome platform for her. My fingers are crossed for her.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

saminak12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
How sweet . He loves his wife so much. God bless the couple