Article - Ekta Kapoor and Mona -take a bow

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

KYA HUA TERA VAADA: Ekta Kapoor, Mona Singh, take a bow!

ASHA MAHADEVAN7.00 PM IST 07.26.2012
Tags:
Ekta Kapoor, Kya Hua Tera Vaada, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada, Kya Huaa Tera Vaada On Sony TV,Kyaa Hua Tera Vaada, Mona Singh, Mona Singh Kya Hua Tera Vaada
KYA HUA TERA VAADA: Ekta Kapoor, Mona Singh, take a bow!
Yogen Shah
Tweet
comments 0

The duo finally did what we've been waiting for since the show's launch in January

We are now big fans of Kya Hua Tera Vaada. If you had watched the last two episodes, you will agree with us. Mona Singh, the character, has finally grown a spine! Yes the lady has shown that she is a strong person who can face any kind of trouble with courage. And she doesn't need a man – even the handsome Vinith – to protect her.

This is what happened: Bhatia, a lecher, lures Mona to his hotel room to have his way with her. He accuses her of having slept her way through to her promotion. An angry Mona yells at him. When she finds the door locked and realises she is cornered, she takes her slipper and almost attacks him with it. "I am a Sikhni," she says. "Try to touch me and see what I will do." She manages to unlock the door and open it, only to find Vinith on the other side. He, and not Mona, is the one who slaps Bhatia, but the point has been made. Mona is one helluva capable woman. When she meets Pradeep later, she tells him she now has a job and identity of her own. "I am no longer only Mrs Pradeep Singh." There is nothing he can say to that.

Yes, the show still has several clichs, but it will be interesting to see how Ekta Kapoor and her team further develop Mona's character. Don't you think so?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

aisha2080 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I hope Ekta and team don't ruin KHTV like they did with BALH!
Ritu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Thanks for sharing.

Indeed I am happy that they are showing that Mona's character is developing and becoming stronger.